Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:29:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129286 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: February 02, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »

Jeff, you forgot your disclaimer in the first post...

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »

When you send money to Kenya, how do you do it. Do you just give it to the orphange or what?

Yes, I go through the Orphanage.  Its all tax deductible.
I certainly hope you have some trustworthy people working there.

The e-mail said it's run by a Kenyan prince... it must be legit. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:48:40 AM »

How is the eating going? Any breakdowns? Trips to Dennys?

The eating is going alright.  I made a trip to Village Inn last Saturday morning and a trip to Golden Corral this evening, but other than that I'm eating alright.

Oh no! The Golden Corral! And I've never seen a Village Inn but it looks like an IHOP/Dennys type place! How naughty, BushOK!

Yes, Village Inn is a IHOP/Dennys type diner.  I tend to treat myself once a week.

You treat yourself to Village Inn once a week?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:28:02 AM »

The eating is going alright.  I made a trip to Village Inn last Saturday morning and a trip to Golden Corral this evening, but other than that I'm eating alright.

Oh no! The Golden Corral! And I've never seen a Village Inn but it looks like an IHOP/Dennys type place! How naughty, BushOK!

Yes, Village Inn is a IHOP/Dennys type diner.  I tend to treat myself once a week.

Not only to the Village Inn, but I vary my dining, but all probably equally as unhealthy as  Village Inn.

So you claim you treat yourself once a week, yet you ate out twice in one day?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:36:51 AM »

Not only to the Village Inn, but I vary my dining, but all probably equally as unhealthy as  Village Inn.

So you claim you treat yourself once a week, yet you ate out twice in one day?

No no, the Village Inn was last Saturday, January 26.  The Golden Corral was this evening, Saturday, February 2.

Ahh ok.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

I am going to assume you are eating green things when you are not "treating yourself," amirite?

Most of the time.

So take us through the week.  What green things have you eaten?  And no, a Shamrock shake does not count.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:49 AM »

I am going to assume you are eating green things when you are not "treating yourself," amirite?

Most of the time.

So take us through the week.  What green things have you eaten?  And no, a Shamrock shake does not count.

Sometimes, I'll heat up a can of English Peas and have that a couple nights.  Other times, it will be a can of corn (not green, but still a veggie).  Occasionally, a can of green beans.  I usually add in some lean meat in there by frying a hamburger patty, not for a hamburger, but just as a patty of meat along with the vegetables.

How much sodium per serving is in these canned vegetables?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »

Most of the time.

Sometimes, I'll heat up a can of English Peas and have that a couple nights.  Other times, it will be a can of corn (not green, but still a veggie).  Occasionally, a can of green beans.  I usually add in some lean meat in there by frying a hamburger patty, not for a hamburger, but just as a patty of meat along with the vegetables.

How much sodium per serving is in these canned vegetables?

Probably quite a bit, but canned veggies are healthier than constantly getting junk food.

OK, so what.  Eating regular veggies like a normal human being is healthier than both
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 12:54:46 AM »

Its been a wonderful Monday.  I felt a little depressed right after work, but then I took a 90 minute cat nap on the couch and I was rejuvenated to do a small workout.  I watched a touching Biggest Loser show and just had a wonderful personal Bible Study reading Exodus 29-30 and Matthew 23.  Now, I am going to play on the Internet for the next 30 minutes before I get the bed out and be in bed by 10:00.  Tomorrow is the final day of Month 3 at Xerox!  Wednesday begins Month 4 and I will be eligible to come on permanent with Xerox beginning on Wednesday.  My boss tells me it shouldn't be too long of a wait!  God is SO very good!

Why were you depressed right after work?

I was so tired, I wasn't sure if I was depressed or just exhausted, which is why I opted for a short nap.

I had to make a couple phone calls right after work, and I could barely concentrate on the more important, first phone call and I was very lethargic and very incoherent when talking to my mother on the second phone call.

What was this very important first phone call?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

You know what's more challenging than finding healthy food that you like? Finding a reasonably priced funeral home for your son.  If you aren't going to do it for you, at least do it for your family.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »

All you need is olive oil, dijon mustard and champagne vinegar. And boom, you have a vinaigrette!

Or just do vinegar and olive oil if you don't like mustard.  There's a Michigan Company (Olive Cart - www.olivecart.com) who makes some fantastic dressings.  I'm a fan of their Honey Ginger dressing.  It's sweet, so you don't need more than a tiny bit for a salad.  They're a bit on the pricy side, but well worth it, I think.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »

opebo makes a good point: if you're going to be fat, at least enjoy being a fat. There are plenty of incredibly delicious unhealthy foods; there's no need to waste those calories on disgusting slop from a buffet line when you could be making yourself bacon mayonnaise, duck fat french fries, or all sorts of other fatty and delicious delicacies. 

Because if he indulged in good food, he wouldn't be able to spoil his children for Christmas.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

Howdy, folks!  Another day of work is over.  One more day until the weekend.

I do plan to work out this evening for a little while.  I feel pretty good about how things are going right now.  Things could be better, but things could be worse.  I'm dealing with some issues that I've just about got taken care of, but I still have work to do on them.  I'm not going to explain what's going on at this time, but I'm dealing with them at this time.  It does not involve my job, so you can put those rumors to bed.  Nor does it involve my apartment or anything like that.

Hmm... it must be something you know we'd criticize you on, since you share pretty much everything else with the forum.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

Howdy, folks!  Another day of work is over.  One more day until the weekend.

I do plan to work out this evening for a little while.  I feel pretty good about how things are going right now.  Things could be better, but things could be worse.  I'm dealing with some issues that I've just about got taken care of, but I still have work to do on them.  I'm not going to explain what's going on at this time, but I'm dealing with them at this time.  It does not involve my job, so you can put those rumors to bed.  Nor does it involve my apartment or anything like that.

Hmm... it must be something you know we'd criticize you on, since you share pretty much everything else with the forum.

Alright, I'll tell you.  Somehow someone got a hold of my bank account information and has made a couple unauthorized purchases on it.  I am very secretive about my banking information, so it must have been obtained through a merchant I do business with regularly.  I've got those charges stopped and reversed, but after my paycheck comes in in the morning, I will have to go to the bank and close my bank account down and open a new one so they no longer have my account information.  I can't do it today, because I'm waiting to get paid just after midnight.

You can close it today, and the check just won't go through and they'll reissue a check.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »

Have you tried water?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »

And why did you give up on water?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »

Jeff, be honest, what proportion is the V8 to water that you'll be drinking?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:26:48 PM »

Probably 50/50.  I'm switching off soda and going to a much healthier V8, yet you are seemingly equating V8 with Coke?  What gives?  I am not going to drink only water.

I'm not equating V8 with Coke, but you consume way more calories than a healthy person should.  Cutting out calories from what you drink would be a good start.

Let's look at the nutrition info (Based on a 2,000 calorie diet):

Calories: 140 for 8 oz.
Fat: 0 g (obviously)
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 105 mg 4%
Potassium: 230 mg 7%
Carbs: 33g 12%
   Sugar: 31 g
Protein: 1 g 2%

This equates to 1/2 serving of fruit and 1/2 serving of vegetables.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

V8 Fusion for an 8 oz glass gives you only 50 calories and one serving each of fruits and vegetables!  So much better than soda!!

Those numbers aren't right... how did you come up with those stats?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:37 PM »

Ahh... so you bought V8 V-Fusion Light.  But that means that you're only getting 1/4 cup of veggies and 1/4 cup of fruit.  Well that's at least better than getting regular V8 V-Fusion.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »

And shooting yourself in the foot is better than shooting yourself in the head... it doesn't mean it's a good idea.  How many of these things are you drinking a day?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 11:52:35 PM »

And shooting yourself in the foot is better than shooting yourself in the head... it doesn't mean it's a good idea.  How many of these things are you drinking a day?

What, the Coke or the V8?

I can't really say on the V8, because I have only had two glasses ever, both of them this evening.

The Cokes?  WAAYYY too many!!

And, indeed, the label of my product does say V8 V-Fusion Light.

I would and will drink more water, but I need some kind of flavor.  I guess I could buy some of those Crystal Light lemonade packets that I believe are only 5 calories.

There you go... 5 calories instead of 50.  And that way, you're not overloading yourself on sodium either, because, from what your diet sounds like, you already have way too much sodium.

Which is bad for people with high blood pressure.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »

People who can't drink water have failed at life. Like seriously, people around the world walk for miles just for a jug of it, and you can't drink it because it's not flavored? Seriously?

I never said I can't drink or won't drink it, just most of the time I prefer flavor.  There are times when a cold bottle or cold glass of water is refreshing.  Having gone to Kenya, I am well aware that the ladies will walk for miles just to get a jug of water or a basket of food.  That's why I don't reject the notion that plain water is good in its own right.

Oh, and I have not failed at life.

Jeff, you have an addiction to flavored beverages.  I honestly don't think you could give up flavored beverages.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

If 2-3 inches of snow causes you not to drive, you should not be living somewhere that gets snow.  Period.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

My lie detector just blew all of its fuses... something's up.  Why would you move back home just because your house was vandalized?  Why not just rent the property?  You realize that if you move back home, all the money you spent to move out to Utah is wasted, right?  Not only is this action abnormal, it's irrational... so irrational that you must be hiding something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies