Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129227 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »

People who can't drink water have failed at life. Like seriously, people around the world walk for miles just for a jug of it, and you can't drink it because it's not flavored? Seriously?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:38:43 PM »

People who can't drink water have failed at life. Like seriously, people around the world walk for miles just for a jug of it, and you can't drink it because it's not flavored? Seriously?

I never said I can't drink or won't drink it, just most of the time I prefer flavor.  There are times when a cold bottle or cold glass of water is refreshing.  Having gone to Kenya, I am well aware that the ladies will walk for miles just to get a jug of water or a basket of food.  That's why I don't reject the notion that plain water is good in its own right.

Oh, and I have not failed at life.

It's not just aimed at you Bushie. There is a problem out there. People can't enjoy water and there is something fundamentally wrong about it. Like a sign of the end times or something.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »

This must be asked... What are you getting at Subway?

Footlong Ham & Shredded Cheddar Cheese on White Bread with Mustard, Pickles, and Lettuce with Water.

Immediately switch to whole wheat or honey oat bread, since they aren't as refined and are full of fiber. And try the turkey breast. Those have minimal fat. Also try cutting out the cheese if you can. But you have got to change the bread. That's an easy change to make. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »

Heck nowadays all the people who know how to build houses are not only unemployed but probably living under a bridge. 

Most home builders nowadays make a lot of money.

How is that possible - there are no houses being built.

They most certainly are. I know people doing it in Connecticut, New York, Virginia and here in Texas. They are still making money.

Yeah, there is a lot of construction going on in a lot of places. It's just nowhere near where it was during the boom, and shouldn't really be at that level anyways. The trend I have noticed, most notably in the Bay Area but also here in Nashville, is that there are a lot of small projects building a few townhomes or a few houses within populated areas. There aren't a lot of master planned communities out in the boonies being built right now. The anti-suburbanites must be happy.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »

Yeah, quitting your job in Utah seems like a bad idea right now. Selling the house in Oklahoma is a good idea though, and you should have given it up for rent in the first place so you at least had some help paying the mortgage, and wouldn't have to worry about vandalism and theft. Moving back to Oklahoma would make sense if you already had a job lined up there. Unless you have been fired, it doesn't make any sense to leave Utah. Make some cuts to get by. Get rid of cable. Get a roommate. Stop eating out. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:38 PM »

You are an adult, and only you can make decisions for yourself. We can only give you advice and hope you consider it in your decision making process. At least sell the house for christ's sake. He begs it of you.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »

If you just sell the house, wouldn't you be able to pay your rent and pay your bills in Utah, and thus not have to rely on your parents? How much is your rent?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »

Ridiculous.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:33 AM »

Seriously, drinking water, not eating out (both things which will also help with his health) and giving up on cable (which is a scam) is not extreme.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »

Do you guys think Bushie got fired? Not quite buying the whole "my company doesn't like two week notices".
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »

Bushie, it will snow all day in Flagstaff on Wednesday. Why don't you just go straight through Colorado tomorrow since the snow won't get there till Wednesday evening? Unless you really just want to experience the armpit of California...stop using the weather as an excuse.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 04:30:51 AM »

I couldn't help but laugh at this!

I've got the car packed up except for the items I need to pack in the morning (laptop, cable box/modem, router, toiletries, and bedding.  Its definitely a crammed car!  Nothing else can fit in there, that's for sure!  I'm going to try to be up by 5:00, so I can finish cleaning the apartment and be ready to turn in my cable stuff at 7:00, fill up, call mom that I'm on my way and head south.  My thinking is if I can leave a little earlier than I had planned, while still getting enough sleep, then I may be able to push it into Flagstaff instead of Kingman.  That way, when the snow hits Wednesday morning, I can quickly drive out of it into New Mexico where it should turn into rain.  That would take about 75 minutes off Wednesday's drive.  Also note, that if I wake up early enough Wednesday morning, I might be able to push it all the way to my parents.  It would be a 16 hour day, but it would save on a hotel bill.  So, if I left Flagstaff by 4:00 am MT, which is 5:00 am CT, I could be home by 8:30-9:00 pm.  Just thinking out loud!
Ok, here are the final plans.  Due to a threat of snow moving into Northern Arizona Wednesday Morning, I am going to try to leave here right at 7:20 after I turn in the Cable stuff and make it all across Arizona and stop for the night in Gallup, New Mexico which is just 140 miles west of Albuquerque/16 miles east of the Arizona border to get out ahead of the storm.  This would get me to Gallup by 9:30 pm for a 14 hour day.  That would make it only 11 1/2 hours to Oklahoma City on Wednesday.

Or you could just leave via Wyoming and not have to deal with snow. Do your parents know about your route?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »

He just wants to be able to see Vegas and California. He might as well just drive straight into LA.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »

Thank goodness he got his registration and everything changed over to Utah right away too.

Yup... more wasted money.  And all these little things add up.  That's my point with the juice.  Did drinking juice make Jeff broke?  Of course not.  But the mentality behind the juice did.  He has so many of these "little" things he likes to spoil himself on.

Juice - $400/year
"Treating" himself once a week - +$500/year
Changing all his registration twice - +$200

That's $1,000 of bad choices this year alone.

Plus, when he buys fish sticks and all his crappy food, they're multiple times more expensive than if he made his own.  If he wants fish sticks, he could make his own for probably half the cost.

And taking this detour which will cost him an extra night in hotel costs and depending on what he drives, about $40-80 worth of gas.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2013, 12:27:14 PM by Sbane »

I-80 through Wyoming is a breeze with most of it being fairly flat, and they are probably better at snow removal/preparing for a snow storm since they get a lot of it. Arizona on the other hand is not as good as preparing for it/clearing it. I-40 through the Flagstaff area, and indeed most of the high desert, becomes tricky after a big storm. Flagstaff is supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow tomorrow and since it is a cold storm, a lot will fall at the lower elevation as well. There is actually a winter storm warning in effect. I don't know what the hell Bushie is thinking....oh, that's right, he isn't.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

Has every one else noticed that Bushie has started to tune out the noise he doesn't like here?

Has started? What? Why do you think his life is so screwed up?

He was responding for a while. See his interactions with Torie and Inks a few days ago.

Now that we have figured out he was fired, he has no response. Also his decision to go through Vegas is just so much bullsh**t.....
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »

I just hope he makes it through the snowstorm safely. Hopefully he travels into at least Gallup today. This is the guy who can't drive in 2 inches of snow...how is he going to do with 6-9 inches?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 11:20:48 PM »

Why does Jeff want to drive through the Mojave Desert in CA? Maybe he is on an architectural tour. This gem is right on his route! And maybe it will remind him of home to boot out there in the in the panhandle of Oklahoma.

Hey, I said he might as well just drive into LA. Do you think he could crash at your place? Tongue You should feed him a brownie lol.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 01:33:20 AM »

I have made it to Gallup, New Mexico.  I am done for the night.  Yes, it was a long detour, but I made it in one piece.  I could make it home in 11 1/2 hours, but Dad wants me to stop in Amarillo tomorrow night and let the storm blow through.  They are expecting heavy, heavy rain tomorrow evening, but should be gone by noon Thursday.  Dad doesnt think it is wise to drive through a heavy rain storm after 16 hours in the car the day before and 9 hours on the day of.  He's paying for Amarillo, so whatever.  I will get out of here by 9:00 am MST tomorrow and should arrive in Amarillo by 5:00 pm CST.

Bushie, please leave as early as possible. Snow will start around 9, so I would recommend leaving by 7 so you have a fairly clear ride into Amarillo. Rest for the night there and head into good old Oklahoma the next day.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »

As a man who keeps track of minutes, hours and seconds, what date were you let go?

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 9:45 am.

I'd guess more toward the first of the month, before you started other interviews.
^^^^^

I also find it a bit unrealistic that he'd be fired first thing Monday morning.

No, it was indeed Monday morning as I tried to put in my two weeks, but was told to hand my badge and headset over immediately.  That is no lie.

Also, Duke, my intent was to stay in my house starting either this weekend or early next week up until about 9:30 last night, but then we talked about it before we all went to bed and decided that it would be easier for me to just stay at Mom and Dad's and just go over there every day and check on it.  That was no lie, either.

Won't god know if you lie? Even if we don't?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »

Ok, answer this question without lying then. Were they not going to extend your contract?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »

You should have at least stuck around for longer to make your resume look a little better. Hang around for a year or two and then move on. Instead you just up and leave, losing all the money you invested in your move, to guard your house and you end up living with your parents. Well thought out plan you and your dad made up. This only makes sense if you either got fired, or were told your contract would not be renewed.

You should have stayed in Utah and sold the damn house as is. If you are telling the truth, that is.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:18 AM »

I could understand if you were living in California or New York, but you can survive on minimum wage in Utah. And you made more than that, correct?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

You'll never get a raise if you can't hold a job for 6 months. Why can't you understand that your resume is a mess? And with every new job, it gets worse.
Exactly...

This is what I've tried to tell you... You are acting very foolish by expecting a promotion almost immediately after starting at a company, particularly when that company has good reason to believe you'll be gone in a few months- which they gather by looking at your resume! Why would a company promote some one and invest in that person if their history shows them to lack loyalty to any prior place of employment?

I wasn't asking for a promotion.  I was just asking if there was a raise when I got on permanent.  His reply was no, and there were no raises unless I got a promotion.  I wasn't asking for one.

But didn't you tell us last season that they were going to put you on permanent, and put you on a fast track for promotion?

Stop trying to get him on small technicalities.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2013, 10:18:05 PM by Sbane »

So, all of Bushie's family works for the goverfnment, either directly or indirectly? There's the key difference. Hope the sequester doesn't make them all homeless. If so, maybe they're know what "smaller government" means for them in the future.

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

Or maybe they care about our budget? I would be perfectly fine with them cutting a huge chunk of the military, though it should be focused towards cutting back on unnecessary equipment, as opposed to screwing over long term employees. Your brother should be fine, even if they cut some newbies.

No one cared when they cut subsidized interest loans for graduate students. But how dare someone suggest the navy doesn't need a gazzilion more ships. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies