Constitutional Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:23:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Convention  (Read 1647 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:19:25 PM »

I realize that we all have other interests besides fantasy politics, but I called a large number of votes todaty in the Voting Booth that brings most of the currently outstanding questions to a vote.  Dependning on how many proposals to alter the Powers Section (Article I Section 5)are received in the wake of the Bobo v. Atlasia case, the Second Constitution may be ready to go to a vote by early March so that if provisions could begin to affect elections beginning with the April elections.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:21:42 PM »

I'll get there sometime tonight, Ernest or at the latest, tomorrow afternoon.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 10:24:14 PM »

Bobo vs. Atlasia?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 10:30:37 PM »

*snicker*

Probably just a typo - the 'b' and 'n' keys are close together on the keyboard.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »

bnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnb

I'll get around to voting later...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 10:35:46 PM »

I just voted. :)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 11:39:59 PM »

I know you've all got more important things to care about right now, but:

Since Liberty resigned from all forum politics, the Mideast has been one delegate short at the Convention. I need somebody to fill this vacancy. This is my plea:

Please, oh please, somebody volunteer.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 01:11:07 AM »

I know you've all got more important things to care about right now, but:

Since Liberty resigned from all forum politics, the Mideast has been one delegate short at the Convention. I need somebody to fill this vacancy. This is my plea:

Please, oh please, somebody volunteer.

If no one else wants to volunteer, I would like to be a Mideast delegate. If someone else wants to volunteer, I'll step aside.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 03:30:30 AM »

Thank you MHS; I will give it 24 hours for any other potential candidates and then I will credential you.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 09:43:12 AM »

I realize that we all have other interests besides fantasy politics, but I called a large number of votes todaty in the Voting Booth that brings most of the currently outstanding questions to a vote.  Dependning on how many proposals to alter the Powers Section (Article I Section 5)are received in the wake of the Bobo v. Atlasia case, the Second Constitution may be ready to go to a vote by early March so that if provisions could begin to affect elections beginning with the April elections.

I see the clique lost no time.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 01:11:44 PM »

I'd been planning to get around to a number of needed votes yesterday, even before the Bono v. Atlasia decision had been handed out.  In light of that case tho, it seemed appropriate to remind those that grumbled about the decision that a more productive approach would be to make use if the convention to actually do something than to merely grumble about it.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 10:36:18 PM »

Given that I'm not going to be getting up early tomorrow morning, I will simply credential MHS2002 now:

I hereby appoint MHS2002 as a delegate to the Constitutional Convention from the Mideast Region to replace Liberty with the following condition if the Chair may find it in order: He may not modify any of the votes already cast of the delegate he replaces.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 10:38:35 PM »

Given that I'm not going to be getting up early tomorrow morning, I will simply credential MHS2002 now:

I hereby appoint MHS2002 as a delegate to the Constitutional Convention from the Mideast Region to replace Liberty with the following condition if the Chair may find it in order: He may not modify any of the votes already cast of the delegate he replaces.

Thank you very much Pete. I'll do my best to make this a great Constitution (and I won't mess with Liberty's votes either).
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 10:44:07 PM »

Constitutional Convention Forum

You will need to register there and hopefully King will give you rights to post on the Convention board pretty soon.

There is a lot of reading that you may have to do initially; If you have any questions about whats going on or the content whatsoever, feel free to contact me via PM or here.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 11:57:25 PM »

Could someone please make sure that a clear provision which allows the government to provide for the general welfare be made a part of this Constitution?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 06:41:03 AM »

Soult: I already have introduced such a proposal.
Mike: Somebody already has introduced a proposal to change the oath of office. I don't think it'll find much support though, especially since the proposal is based on the famous John quote.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 07:52:16 PM »

Further to the above, we have two outstanding votes that are rather close. Could all delegates please check to make sure they have voted in both of them, and if not, actually do so.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 11:28:59 PM »

Mike: Somebody already has introduced a proposal to change the oath of office. I don't think it'll find much support though, especially since the proposal is based on the famous John quote.

Ummm... why is my name used?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 11:31:07 PM »

What's wrong with the John quote?  I think it's the best oath of office ever. Cheesy
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 11:40:38 PM »

What's wrong with the John quote?  I think it's the best oath of office ever. Cheesy

It would make Atlasia more fun.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 06:55:35 AM »

Could someone please make sure that a clear provision which allows the government to provide for the general welfare be made a part of this Constitution?
On account of this post, Chris.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies