In defense of Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:54:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  In defense of Phil
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In defense of Phil  (Read 658 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:00:20 AM »

I fail to understand why Phil, who is responsible for uncovering and pursuing Atlasia's greatest crime, is being portrayed as a bad guy for his aggresive pursuit of justice.

The fact remains that trolling is the most severe crime that could possibly be committed in Atlasia and deserves the scrutiny that is due here.   Maybe all of this anger and hate that has been dredged up might prevent a repeat of the crime.  If we cannot be confident that every vote cast around here comes from a real individual, then we might as well not count the votes at all.

I applaud Akno for some of his recent actions to reform the AFDNC and the way Democrats relate to the rest of the forum.  He has *almost* made up for the extreme agressiveness that characterized the AFDNC several months ago and was to blame for a Party culture that would drive a member to create a clone for the sake of obtaining one extra vote.

One of the reasons why I left a true government sim (whose vitriol would make any argument here look rather tame) several years ago is because their Democrat Party created trolls in order to maintain dominance.  This is a serious issue that cannot be taken lightly.

That having been said, at some point we must heal the wounds.  But there were plenty of folks around here who wanted to heal the wounds and forget everything before the whole truth was known and uncovered by Phil.   He had a sense that there was more to the story and he pursued it until he got to the truth.  What's wrong with that?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:01:41 PM »

I've never argued that we should do nothing if we suspect foul play, only that we should go about it in an orderly, respectful fashion.  We certainly should investigate any claims or ideas that we feel to be credible, but we haven't gained anything if we succeed in unearthing something while turning the entire forum against one another in doing so.

That said, I don't argue with the idea that Phil is no more guilty than anyone else and I apologize if I've said anything that could be construed to the contrary.  Now is not the time to point fingers at anyone; doing so will get us right back where we started.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 03:04:25 PM »

Thank you, Don. I knew I'd be the target of attacks after this.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:17:56 AM »

Phil got what he wanted.  All he was doing here was further punishing anyone he could and ruin them.  I made a mistake.  I admitted that mistake.  This is overzelaous prosecution at it's worst. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 03:01:39 PM »

Phil got what he wanted.  All he was doing here was further punishing anyone he could and ruin them.  I made a mistake.  I admitted that mistake.  This is overzelaous prosecution at it's worst. 

You've been punished, pal. You're done. I went after the last person who LIED.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies