What are some quotes of your's you admit are very stupid but are not ashamed of?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are some quotes of your's you admit are very stupid but are not ashamed of?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What are some quotes of your's you admit are very stupid but are not ashamed of?  (Read 3702 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

Some posters, many you wouldn't expect, had rather homophobic views a few years back. People change of course so it's not worth dragging those back up but I've always found them curious. As for myself, there's countless things I've said that I regret but that's part of life.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 01:14:05 AM »

Here's another great and hilariously BRTD-esque quote of yore (and I'm also including Boris's reply to provide some context):

I can't stand the Beatles either. If you want to listen to good old music, go listen to The Hated.

uh, aren't they from the late 1980s?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 01:32:38 AM »

My first post on the forum:

I think the Republican will benefit no matter what. Obama will have no clue how to run this nation if elected, and it will be 4 long years for the Democrats. Republicans will control the White House in 4 years
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 09:17:26 AM »

Spent about ten minutes looking for this. Personal favorite.
How come there are so many Liberal Athiest/Agnostics on the last few pages, if not on the entire forum? Sad
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »

My first post:

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »

Some of my earliest post just sound kind of naive.

I was, and to a lesser degree, still hold racist views

Bad home life, I assume?
No, not that. I have anger issues that come from basic loneliness as a result of elementary school bullying which turned into avoidant personality disorder/intense social anxiety as I grew older. I always looked for a group to identify-rednecks looked appealing, until I realized that I am skinny, pale, know nothing about sports, and up until about a year ago, never even fired a gun. So I turned to the neoconfederate crowd, and later, the Tea Party. The South Florida Tea Party is basically a branch of AIPAC, so when my views regarding Ron Paul developed, I quickly became disillusioned with the Israel firsters. Also, basic hate of Obama turned into basic hate of blacks (in particular Haitians) only furthered my descent into what can basically be described as White Nationalist “Third Positionist” views.

Too sum things up, I had three major changes. First, I saw the public repudiation of even the most moderate white nationalists, so I didn’t fully declare myself one. As I slowly turned away from this, I got more and more religious (I attend a Baptist church that supports gay rights and is not the fire and brimstone type place) and finally, joined a major Jewish political figure’s (and a slightly neoconservative hawk at that) campaign for Congress.

I am unashamed about certain things; Enoch Powell is an example. I find Rivers of Blood blunt, but I do believe it has a degree of merit. It is not a skin color thing as much as a basic cultural shift. I see this in America with the press #1 for English stuff, and it, as Simfan put it, tingles my revisionist neoconfederate sense. Another poster eloquently called me a crypto Nazi f[inks]wit.

It’s a psychological issue that stems from emotional vulnerability in short; just a youth thing hopefully.

You have had all these issues, yet you tend to make some of the best posts on this forum.

Most of the posters on this website should really learn more from your example of how one can have horrible biases and yet be an above average poster.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies