Office of Senator X
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:41:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Office of Senator X  (Read 5375 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »

Unfortunately, the personal issues I discussed have gotten much worse recently and if they do not show any sign of improvement by a week from this Tuesday, I will not run for reelection and consider resigning.

From Napoleon?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »

Unfortunately, the personal issues I discussed have gotten much worse recently and if they do not show any sign of improvement by a week from this Tuesday, I will not run for reelection and consider resigning.

From Napoleon?

No, I've been suffering from depression which has been exacerbated by the fact that my boss has basically hated my guts from day one for reasons which are completely unknown to me.  It sometimes drives me to drink Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »

Sad  Well, if you ever need to talk, shoot me a PM.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear what is happening - you are certainly in my prayers. Always remember that your personal well-being is far more important than anything on Atlas.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2013, 05:40:54 PM by Talleyrand »

I hope you get better ASAP. You will be in my thoughts, Mr. X, and know that you can talk to me whenever you need/want to.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

X, I'm very sorry to hear this.... I hope things improve for you. I have been there before- please feel free to reach out
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »

Sorry man, hope things get better soon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »

I want to take a moment to thank you all for your support during this difficult time.  It really means a lot, every bit of encouragement helps!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »

I CLAIM THIS OFFICE FOR THE REVOLUTION
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »

I will be absent from Atlasia until Sunday when I will announce my plans for the future and elaborate on when I expect my activity level to realistically increase.  I am well on the road to recovery in terms of my depression and I greatly appreciate all of your support and encouragement during this difficult time Smiley I also want to give special thanks to Talleyrand, Clarence, and Napoleon!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:46 AM »

That's great to hear man! Party hard this weekend Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »

Greetings fellow Atlasians,

First thing is first, regarding my activity levels, I will try to increase them for the rest of my term.  I won't resign, The People elected me to do a job and the least I can do is serve out my term.  I promise that at the end of April, my activity levels will dramatically increase.  Until then, I will do the best I can, but for a variety of personal reasons I cannot make any promises about April.  I will run for reelection and let the voters decide if this is acceptable or not.  Regarding party affiliation, I was planning to join Labor, but ultimately I have decided to remain an independent.  The more I think about it the more weary I grow of party politics.  Anyway, I will get my campaign underway next week.  Thanks and Dave bless!

P.S. As always, I welcome your comments, thoughts, criticisms, words of support, etc.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »

As some of you may already be aware, I have introduced legislation to ban a wide variety of illegal drugs.  I know this is an unpopular position and expect my poll numbers to suffer greatly as a result.  However, being a leader means doing the right thing even when it is unpopular.  I will not abandon this fight even if I must fight it alone (which happily is not the case) and if it costs me my seat, so be it.  This is what being a Senator is all about!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »

I understand and respect the fact that you are standing on principle instead of bending to the majority on this issue, but honestly I don't know how this improves anything. Re-criminalizing these drugs puts the unfortunate focus back on users, not the people who we want to go after, the people who sell drugs. I will argue against this legislation strongly when it is brought up, as I will against fellow Senator Ben's legislation repealing the decriminalization of cocaine. I think this is a deadly step backwards towards a full on drug war that is a waste of money and a waste of human life. I respect your views, but I think you are deadly wrong.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »

I understand and respect the fact that you are standing on principle instead of bending to the majority on this issue, but honestly I don't know how this improves anything. Re-criminalizing these drugs puts the unfortunate focus back on users, not the people who we want to go after, the people who sell drugs. I will argue against this legislation strongly when it is brought up, as I will against fellow Senator Ben's legislation repealing the decriminalization of cocaine. I think this is a deadly step backwards towards a full on drug war that is a waste of money and a waste of human life. I respect your views, but I think you are deadly wrong.

I look forward to that debate!  I respect your views as well and hope that, regardless of the outcome, we can have a civil and idea-based debate rooted in a mutual respect for each other's views Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

I'd like to give a special thanks to you for introducing this piece of legislation:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think that the question of what drugs should be legal or not is best handled at the regional level, so I am glad we are on the same page. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2013, 03:49:54 PM by Senator X »

Thanks for the words of support Assemblyman ZuWo Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2013, 11:12:17 AM by Senator X »

I will be introducing the final part of my series of drug reforms this weekend.  In the meantime, I encourage any Atlasians with additional ideas that they wish to see incorporated regarding penalties, treatment, and rehabilitation to PM me today.  I look forward to hearing from you Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2013, 07:57:47 AM »

In the next few weeks I will be introducing the first of several major education reform bills that I plan to introduce, campaign finance reform legislation, stronger ethics rules for elected officials, and legislation to help protect Atlasians' civil liberties by banning warrantless wiretaps.  I have never pretended to have a monopoly on good ideas, so I would like to encourage anyone with concerns, ideas, suggestions, etc about any of these issues (especially education reform) to shoot me a PM and I promise that I will take your ideas under careful consideration.  I may or may not end up incorporating them into my proposal, but I will look at them with an open mind.  I hope at least some folks will be kind enough to share their thoughts because as confident as I am in my ideas, I firmly believe that all of us have something valuable to contribute to Atlasia (regardless of whether or not we agree on the issues) Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies