Interest in a cooperative countries mapgame?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:28:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interest in a cooperative countries mapgame?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interest in a cooperative countries mapgame?  (Read 2571 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »

Basically similar to this one:
http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=242090

There were several other similar mapgames at the AH forums, but none after this one ever really caught on.  Anyone interested in trying one over here?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:18 PM »

Yes. Simply yes.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:43:37 AM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »

Excellent. I'll start a thread tonight.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

How would this work? I don't have an account on AH so I can't see that thread.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »

Um....I think I accidentally deleted the thread while misclicking on my phone.  Is there a way to restore it?

This was the current map:
Knives
solopop
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »

lmao. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2013, 07:57:54 PM by True Federalist »

I don't think it can be easily restored, if at all.  Anyway, here is the entry I was working on.

Official Name(s)Sad Choseon Empire 조선제국 (朝鮮帝國)
Commonly known as: Choseon
Territorial description: OTL Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hainan, eastern Siberia, northeastern China, Micronesia, Hawaii, most of Alaska, western British Columbia
Government: Bureaucratic monarchy
Capital: Hanseon (OTL Seoul)
Head(s) of State: Yi Gim-jong
Head(s) of Government: Kim Ma-sil (First Minister of State), Wo Sang-ho (First Minister of War), Kim Jong-sen (First Minister of Harmony)
Population: 430 million
Religions: Neo-Confucianism (state religion) most others tolerated if they do not have a hierarchy outside the Empire. Hence Catholics who follow the Pope and Buddhists who follow the Dalai Lama face major restrictions, including the possibility of death if they seek converts. However there are state-approved Buddhist and Christian churches that are tolerated.
Languages: Korean (state language, 40% first language, 85% know it well enough to use),  Mandarin 30%, Japanese 15%, other 15%, Use of Choseongul (Hangul) script in publishing is generally mandatory for all languages, save ancient texts printed in their original script for historical or cultural purposes. Even those generally tend to be interlinear dual script, such as the authorized Choseongul version of the Quran (꾸란) with the Arabic text given in both the original Arabic script and the Choseongul script.
Ethnic groups: Korean 25%, Han Chinese 40%, Japanese 20%, other 15%
Level of Tech and Development: Medium-high.  New technology of a non-military nature is often delayed in adoption until an official standard is promulgated by the Ministry of State
Level of Freedom: Economic freedom is medium-high. Political freedom is medium as anyone can hope to enter the bureaucracy if they study the Neo-Confucian texts. Of the three First Ministers, only one is ethnically Korean. Religious freedom is medium-low.
Trends: Population is stable and even rising slightly which is unusual among developed countries as the Ministry of Harmony provides considerable assistance to child-raisers.
Founding date: 1392
History: Founded by Taejo Yi Seong-gye following the aftermath of the overthrow of the Goryeo Dynasty. Unlike in our timeline, the Japanese and Manchu invasions of the 16th century caused the country to follow an expansionist policy instead of an isolationist policy. Has been engaged in a cold war with Tuah for centuries that has occasionally turned hot.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »

Sad I can repost, roughly, what I had already posted:

Official Name(s)Sad Duchy of Brittany / Dukelezh Breizh / Duché de Bretagne / Duchë de Bertaèyn
Commonly known as: Brittany / Breizh / Bretagne
Territorial description: OTL Brittany, Cornwall, Azores, Avalon Peninsula, St. Pierre-et-Miquelon and Cape Breton Island
Government: Decentralized constitutional monarchy. Federal Parliament (Breujoù Breizh) consists of directly-elected Legislative Assembly (Bodadenn lezenniñ) and indirectly elected House of Countries (Ti-broioù). Subdivided into 13 countries each with elected legislature; 4 of these countries have special autonomous status and more powers.
Capital: Roazhon (Rennes) is the legislative capital, Naoned (Nantes) is the ducal and executive capital.
Head(s) of State: Duke (Dug) Gwenhael IV, Tiegezh An Erminig (House of An Erminig)
Head(s) of Government: François Kerven, Prime Minister (Kentañ Ministr)
Population: over 5.6 million
Religions: Roman Catholicism is inscribed in the constitution, but all faiths tolerated. 75% Roman Catholic, 15% none, 5% others, 5% Neo-Celtic/Celtic Revivalism
Languages: Breton and French co-official throughout. In addition, Gallo is official in 4 countries; Cornish in one; Portuguese in one. The Avalonian is protected by statute in one country. Native language: 62% Breton, 23% French, 8% Gallo, 2% Portuguese, 2% Cornish, 2% English, 1% Avalonian.
Ethnic groups: 85% Breton-Gallo, 4% French, 2% Portuguese, 2% Cornish, 2% Avalonian, 5% Other
Level of Tech and Development: High.
Level of Freedom: High.
Trends: Secular and liberal nation. Regionalism remains a major political issue.
Founding date: 936
History: Brittany maintained its independence in the 13th-14th century, resisting French influence and occasional military incursions. Protected its sovereignty through alliances with other European powers. Exploration led to the discovery and settlement of the Azores (early 1500s) and lands in North America (mid to late 1500s). Transition to constitutional monarchy in the mid 1800s.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »

I emailed Dave to ask if he could restore the thread.  If he can't, I'll start a new thread.  I'm really sorry, everyone.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »

Don't fret Smiley If we're playing this until all the white space is filled up we could just keep going. I'd quite like to run a long term game wheere you lead each nation in a sort of pretend UN/World government.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

This looks fun....how do I start for those of us unfamiliar with the rules?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2013, 09:29:35 AM by a Person »

Here's, I think, what I had.

Official Name(s)Sad Rheinischer Volksbund (Rhenian People's League)
Commonly known as: Rheinland/Rhenia
Territorial description: the Rhine basin, more or less
Government: large-parliament federal republic
Capital: Mainz
Head(s) of State: First Citisen* Bernd Göbel
Head(s) of Government: Prime Minister Clara Leuzinger
Population: 54 000 000
Religions: Pretty much eradicated by apist rule; the 10% or so that are religious nowadays (roughly one-half Christian and one-third Jewish) are almost entirely immigrants.
Languages/Ethnic Groups: German
Level of Tech and Development: Probably the one area in which apism did some good; among the two or three highest in the world.
Level of Freedom: high; Rhenians are pretty paranoid about anyone infringing on their freedoms.
Trends: Population is stable and even rising slightly which is unusual among developed countries as the Ministry of Harmony provides considerable assistance to child-raisers.
Founding date: 1867
History: The RVB was forged in the continent-engulfing chaos known, somewhat inaccurately, as the "Bloody Sixties"; the radically communitarian ideals that would later evolve into the philosophy of apism were a sort of come-together reaction to the marauding armies and anarchy that afflicted the area.
Apism continued its reign of terror for well over a century, but eventually could not continue to suppress the individualist ideas seeping in from outside, which resulted in a civil war, 1996-2001, which established a, to put it mildly, more liberal government.

* "Bürgermeister", which usually means "mayor" but literally means "master citisen", is the official title.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies