Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106702 times)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2005, 07:11:54 AM »
« edited: July 01, 2005, 01:17:42 PM by DanielX »

Articles of Impeachment against President Alcon:

I call for an impeachment vote against President Alcon for attempting to violate Article II, Section II of the Constitution in announcing he will remain in office beyond the first Friday after the current elections

EDIT: I Withdraw this Bill. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:59 PM »

Under the President's ability to introduce legislation, I present the DanielX Lacks a Sense of Humor Act of 2005:

WHEREAS, Senator DanielX of Wyoming has no sense of humor whatsoever.

WHEREAS, Senator DanielX entered Articles of Impeachment following what was clearly a joke.

WHEREAS, today is Tuesday.

The Senate declares that Senator DanielX of Wyoming be forced to spend at least an hour a day watching improvisational comedy at the Lander Center for Creative Arts in Lander, Wyoming.

Cheesy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:39 PM »

Under the President's ability to introduce legislation, I present the DanielX Lacks a Sense of Humor Act of 2005:

WHEREAS, Senator DanielX of Wyoming has no sense of humor whatsoever.

WHEREAS, Senator DanielX entered Articles of Impeachment following what was clearly a joke.

WHEREAS, today is Tuesday.

The Senate declares that Senator DanielX of Wyoming be forced to spend at least an hour a day watching improvisational comedy at the Lander Center for Creative Arts in Lander, Wyoming.

Cheesy

I'll co-sponsor this! Grin
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »

Gabu Rubber Chicken Act

1. The Atlasian Government shall purchase for Senator Gabu a supply of 1,000 rubber chickens to be used in his comedy routines.

2. The expense shall be deducted from Gabu's Senatorial salary.

3. The city of Lander, Wyoming shall hereby be renamed Gabuville, Wyoming.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:37 AM »

Supreme Court Adjustments of 2005

Section 1:  Article III, Section I, Clause II of the constitution will now read as follows:

The Supreme Court shall consist of five Justices who shall all be registered voters, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice. Justices shall hold their office during good behavior.

Section II:
This will take effect upon ratification by the regions, as specified in the constitution.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2005, 01:05:54 PM »

Section 1:  Article III, Section I, Clause II of the constitution will now read as follows:

The Supreme Court shall consist of five Justices who shall all be registered voters, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice. Justices shall hold their office during good behavior.

Section II:
This will take effect upon ratification by the regions, as specified in the constitution.

What is the rationale for having five justices?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2005, 02:56:57 PM »

Section II:

Yes I cannot see any reason for this amendment. It is already hard enough to try to find three active people who are willing to be justices finding two more would just add more hassles.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2005, 03:03:51 PM »

Section II:

Yes I cannot see any reason for this amendment. It is already hard enough to try to find three active people who are willing to be justices finding two more would just add more hassles.

I think he wants 2 more people who aren't in the FEC.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2005, 03:08:12 PM »

Section II:

Geez, our Senate has no sense of humor.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2005, 03:10:17 PM »

Section II:

Geez, our Senate has no sense of humor.

I'm not paid to be funny, I'm paid to be a Senator. Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2005, 03:31:02 PM »

I'm not paid to be funny, I'm paid to be a Senator. Wink

You get paid? Sad
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »

Yep. What you didn't recieve your paycheck? Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »

Yes, but it was in the form of Monopoly money, and I already own Park Place and Boardwalk with hotels on each spot.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

The Mideast has the right idea:

Signature and Avatar Amendment
1.  The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes that a mandatory statement of a voter's registration in a person's avatar or signature is no longer necessary to aide the administrator of an election to determine the state in which a voter is registered.

2.  Upon this recognition, the Senate of Atlasia with the formal consent of the Regions shall repeal Article V, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Atlasian Constitution effective on August 18, 2005.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2005, 06:49:47 PM »

1.  The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes that a mandatory statement of a voter's registration in a person's avatar or signature is no longer necessary to aide the administrator of an election to determine the state in which a voter is registered.

2.  Upon this recognition, the Senate of Atlasia with the formal consent of the Regions shall repeal Article V, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Atlasian Constitution effective on August 18, 2005.

The Southeast has never required mandatory avatars in someone's sig.  Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2005, 06:52:03 PM »

The Southeast has never required mandatory avatars in someone's sig.  Smiley

Fine, everybody that wasn't standing on Capitol Hill when this amendment was proposed that thought of this before... has the right idea.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2005, 07:25:07 PM »

Section II:

Packing it with people who will overturn Bono vs. Atlasia and render Supersoulty's unwed mothers protection bill constitutional.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »

Section II:

Packing it with people who will overturn Bono vs. Atlasia and render Supersoulty's unwed mothers protection bill constitutional.

Uh...Preston, one of the first people I would suggest to Siege for any expanded court would be Dibble and then probably Peter Bell since both have a great knowledge of the constitution. I'm doubting that either of these people will swing it in your favour. Actually I believe that all three of the current justices would come to the same conclusion as the majority opinion in that earlier ruling.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:28 PM »

Section II:

I recall FDR trying this one time... not literally of course.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2005, 10:18:22 PM »

Section II:

And here we are debating a bill about tactical voting.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:30 AM »

Section II:

Well, I suppose at least you're very open about your extremely Machiavellian motives.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2005, 01:20:36 AM »

Striking of the 24 Waiting Period

Primary Sponsor:[/b] Senator MAS117
Co-Sponsor:[/b] Senator Colin Wixted, Senator Supersoulty, Senator King, Senator MasterJedi, Senator Sam Spade, Senator Gabu

1.) Article 3, Section 2, Clause 6 is hereby removed from the Official Senate Procedural Resolution.

I realized that since MAS is no longer in the Senate, I would like to take over sponsorship of this resolution.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2005, 01:25:45 AM »

Time to cut to the chase here:

Reunification of the Southeast Bill[/u]

Clause I

The State of Virginia shall henceforth be located in the Southeast Region.

Clause II

This bill shall take effect immediately on September 1, 2005 or once approved by the residents of Virginia by plebiscite and by the Southeast and Mideast Regions, whichever occurs at a later time.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2005, 05:08:22 AM »

Section II:

Well, I suppose at least you're very open about your extremely
Machiavellian motives.
OMG ITS THE FEC!!!!!!!!!!!!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2005, 10:06:35 AM »

Section II:

Well, I suppose at least you're very open about your extremely Machiavellian motives.
I'm simply letting the people decide if they want the bill approved.  If they disaprove of it, they will reject this amendment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies