"Blade runner" Oscar Pistorius (mistakenly ?) shoots & kills his own girlfriend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:30:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Blade runner" Oscar Pistorius (mistakenly ?) shoots & kills his own girlfriend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: "Blade runner" Oscar Pistorius (mistakenly ?) shoots & kills his own girlfriend  (Read 7360 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 02:16:10 PM »

A "I'm the bullet in your chamber"-ad is kind of macabre, considering that he shot his girlfriend in the bedroom chamber first ...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »

A "I'm the bullet in your chamber"-ad is kind of macabre, considering that he shot his girlfriend in the bedroom chamber first ...

Exactly. The ad is even worse than simply who they used for it. But Nike is such an awful company anyway, I just love it more when they embarrass themselves by signing people like this, as well as Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong as mentioned (not to mention Michael Vick.)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2013, 08:48:33 AM by Hashemite »

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-19-pistorius-faces-premeditated-murder-charge-for-bail-hearing

Magistrate says there's no evidence to rule out premeditated murder.

The defense still denies murder: "We submit it's not even murder," advocate Barry Roux told the Pretoria Magistrate's Court. "There's no agreement there, not even concession that this is murder." So even murdering a burglar is not murder?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »

"Uh, Uh, yes your honor it was self-defense that I shot through a locked bathroom door, then broke it down afterward to make sure she was dead."

Roll Eyes
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »

Pistorius' version has more holes than Swiss cheese and he thinks that we're all morons:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/oscar-pistorius-tells-his-side-of-the-story

A few inconsistencies:
1. He explicitly says he had his legs off when he heard the noises, yet he still managed to grab a gun, go to the bathroom door, shoot four times and *kick* the door down later?
2. Assuming he put his legs on before going on his Rambo rampage, wouldn't he realize that Reeva was not in bed next to him?!
3. When you just murder somebody through a bathroom door, wouldn't you check out who you killed before going back to bed?
4. You 'screamed at the intruder' (Reeva) and the 'intruder' didn't shout back? If it was an actual burglar, maybe yeah he wouldn't shout back; but since it's proven that it was Reeva, wouldn't she shout back at him? Like 'it's me'?!
5. I know he's a very good shooter, but being able to murder somebody through a door with bullets in the head in pitch darkness?
6. There's a chance he would have noticed Reeva wasn't in bed when he went to close the sliding door
7. I'm relieved my parents didn't murder me through the bathroom door when I went to the bathroom last night at 1.

Please let this criminal rot in jail or get murdered in jail.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:45 AM »

Why does it take 3+ days to hold a bail hearing?
Why is it going into the substantive detail of the prosectuion and defence?
Is this at all normal for RSA's justice system?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:02 AM »

Investigator faces attempted murder charges:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/hilton-botha-oscar-pistorius-investigator-murder-charge_n_2730295.html
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »

Pistorius' version has more holes than Swiss cheese and he thinks that we're all morons:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/oscar-pistorius-tells-his-side-of-the-story

A few inconsistencies:
1. He explicitly says he had his legs off when he heard the noises, yet he still managed to grab a gun, go to the bathroom door, shoot four times and *kick* the door down later?
2. Assuming he put his legs on before going on his Rambo rampage, wouldn't he realize that Reeva was not in bed next to him?!
3. When you just murder somebody through a bathroom door, wouldn't you check out who you killed before going back to bed?
4. You 'screamed at the intruder' (Reeva) and the 'intruder' didn't shout back? If it was an actual burglar, maybe yeah he wouldn't shout back; but since it's proven that it was Reeva, wouldn't she shout back at him? Like 'it's me'?!
5. I know he's a very good shooter, but being able to murder somebody through a door with bullets in the head in pitch darkness?
6. There's a chance he would have noticed Reeva wasn't in bed when he went to close the sliding door
7. I'm relieved my parents didn't murder me through the bathroom door when I went to the bathroom last night at 1.

Please let this criminal rot in jail or get murdered in jail.

#3 was the one that amused me most of all for whatever reason.

"Well, I just shot somebody through my bathroom door... *yawn*, I guess I'll head back to bed!"
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »

Shock ensues as the SAPS is proving extremely inept and incompetent for a change. Their screw-ups better not let this murderer walk free.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2013, 08:48:40 AM by Politico »

Shock ensues as the SAPS is proving extremely inept and incompetent for a change. Their screw-ups better not let this murderer walk free.

Yeah, this is beginning to look disastrous. Similar to the LAPD/OJ Simpson fiasco in the sense that law enforcement's bungles may result in a murderer getting away with it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

He's out on bail:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing.html
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »

Disgusting.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »

Not only that: He wants to continue his training again on Monday.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »

Not really.  He's only accused at this point and it is unlikely he is a risk to others right now.  Only if he were considered a flight risk would it make sense to deny him bail entirely. The bail's a bit low IMO.  Given his previous endorsement income, I would think 1 million ZAR is chickenfeed for him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »

Not really.  He's only accused at this point and it is unlikely he is a risk to others right now.  Only if he were considered a flight risk would it make sense to deny him bail entirely. The bail's a bit low IMO.  Given his previous endorsement income, I would think 1 million ZAR is chickenfeed for him.

Really?  The guy is a fycking nutjob, with tons of guns, shooting up the roids, and he's nuts enough to shoot through a closed bathroom door, and he's not a risk to others?  I'm glad you're not a judge, bro.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »

Only if he were considered a flight risk would it make sense to deny him bail entirely.

What if he's invited to a tournament outside of SA now that he is a "free" man again ?

Would that be considered a flight risk ?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »

Disgusting but the magistrate laid down tougher conditions than defense and the NPA had agreed upon, which is good news: http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-22-nair-lays-down-tough-bail-conditions-for-oscar-pistorius
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »

Really?  The guy is a fycking nutjob, with tons of guns, shooting up the roids, and he's nuts enough to shoot through a closed bathroom door, and he's not a risk to others?  I'm glad you're not a judge, bro.
I seriously doubt anyone is going to be willing to sleep in the same house as him anytime soon or engage in any sort of relationship. So yes, he's likely not a risk for a repeat performance soon.

Only if he were considered a flight risk would it make sense to deny him bail entirely.

What if he's invited to a tournament outside of SA now that he is a "free" man again ?

Would that be considered a flight risk ?

Since one of his bail conditions is the surrender of his passport, he would not be able to accept such an invite.  Besides, what sponsor would be idiotic enough to invite him to a track meet right now? Even if the incompetence of the SA legal system causes him to avoid conviction, his career as a professional athlete is over.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2013, 05:43:04 PM by Hashemite »

What's we've been seeing so far is not really the incompetence of RSA's legal system (it probably is incompetent but shouldn't be dismissed out of hand as a Third World joke) but rather the woeful and longstanding incompetence of the SAPS. The guy who is turning the prosecution into a joke is Hilton Botha, the SAPS's investigator; and not the NPA itself, given that the lead prosecutor, Gerrie Nel, is a competent and recognized prosecutor who notably prosecuted corrupt SAPS chief Jackie Selebi a few years back.

I know the first instinct for white armchair critics is to dismiss South Africa's justice system and everything South African out of hand, but just this once, it's unfair and shows a total incomprehension of the facts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2013, 01:13:58 PM by Grumps »

His brother is up on murder charges too.......great family here

http://news.yahoo.com/pistorius-brother-facing-culpable-homicide-charge-084929908--spt.html
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-world-now-down-to-5-stories-that-are-inspir,31303/
Angel of Death
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »

He got 5 years.
Angel of Death
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 09:55:08 AM »

Convicted of murder on appeal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »

Good.  Bring out ole sparky.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »

There's no death penalty in South Africa and even if convicted in the US the comment makes no sense as "ole sparky" is no longer used in any state.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies