Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107116 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: May 06, 2005, 03:20:03 PM »

Saving Social Security Act of 2005

Section I
People making more than $100,000 annually in pensions or all married or unioned partners making more than $150,000 annually will be phased off of Social Security at the rate of 2% annually until benefits have been cut by 10%.

Section II
People making more than $150,000 annually in pensions or all married or unioned partners making more than $235,000 annually will be phased off of Social Security at the rate of 5% annually until benefits have been cut by 25%.

Section III
Federal Capital Gains taxes for those who earn less than $150,000 or all married or unioned partners making more than $225,000  annually are cut by 25%.  Federal  Dividend taxes for those who earn less than $150,000 or all married or unioned partners making more than $200,000 are cut by 40%. 

Section IV
The income and worth numbers used in this bill will be adjusted for inflation annually, based on the CPI.

Section V
Pay-ins to Social Security will be reduced by 1% for all people making less than $125,000 annually.

Section VI
Pay-ins to Social Security will be increased 2% for all people making more than $300,000 annually.

Section VII
Sections I, II, III, IV, V, and VI come into effect imediately

Section IIX
This bill will save the U.S. government an average $98 Billion annually averaged over 20 years

Section IX
$18 Billion per year of the savings  will be in a protected account for Social Security overdraws. This account may only be touched for that purpose or in case of National Emergency.  This will come into effect FYI 2005

I would like to motion that this bill be broken into two separate parts, since sections I, II, V, and VI deal with Social Security taxes, whereas section III deals with Capital Gains taxes and therefore violates the Procedural Resolution on multiple issue bills.
It is a related issue, very much so.  I would hate to see this bill pass without the cuts in capital gains and divident taxes.  The point of the tax breaks are to allow for people who need it to be able to make a bit more money off stocks as they will be slightly phased off of social security.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »

Modifications to Federal Personal Income Tax Rates for FY2006

Section 1
All rate changes specified below shall be valid for personal income tax collection in the fiscal year of 2006 (FY2006) only.

Section 2
(a).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the top earnings bracket shall be raised by 3 percent to 38 percent.

(b).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the second-to-top earnings bracket shall be raised by 2 percent to 35 percent.

(c).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the third-to-top earnings bracket shall be raised by 1 percent to 29 percent.

(d).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the third-to-bottom earnings bracket shall remain at 25 percent.

(e).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the second-to-bottom earnings bracket shall be lowered by 1 percent to 14 percent.

(f).  FY2006 Personal Income Tax rates for the bottom earnings bracket shall be abolished.
Looks like a great bill.  I'll co-sponsor.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 08:24:13 PM »

Lets start cutting the fat from our budget:

Deficit Reduction Bill of 2005

(a).  Data below is indexed as millions of dollars. 

(b).  The 7th Senate shall make the following modficiations to the following programs in the FY2005-06 budget as passed by the 6th Senate:

NASA                                            -$14,484;
Corps of Engineers                                  -$4,975;
Agency for International Development                    -$3,390;
International Assistance Programs               -$2,089;
Small Business Administration                    -$1,439;
Export-Import Bank                            -$1,044;
Cargo Preference Program                        -$673;
Assistance for Former Soviet Union                -$484;
Federal Drug Control Program                    -$457;
Corporation for National and Community Service    -$433;
Assistance for Eastern Europe                    -$402;
Corporation for Public Broadcasting                -$375;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission       -$331;
Legal Services Corporation                        -$329;
Peace Corps                                    -$284;
National Labor Relations Board                   -$238;
Overseas Private Investment Corporation            -$207;
National Endowment for the Humanities            -$125;
National Endowment for the Arts                -$113;
Appalachian Regional Commission                -$109;
Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp.                -$105;
African Development Fund                        -$57;
Trade and Development Agency                   -$55;
Federal Labor Relations Board                    -$29;
Selective Service System                        -$25;
Commission on Civil Rights                        -$9.

Total Decreases:                           $32,261 
Total Increases:                           $0 

Change:                                   -$32,261 

I support all of these cuts except those for NASA.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 01:45:34 PM »

Expanding the language and actions of this bill is probably a good idea, but here is the real jist of it:

Atlasian Road and Rail Deregulation and Privatization Initiative

Section 1
(a).  The Senate recognizes that the regulation and subsidization of freight and passenger rail is fiscally irresponsible and economically dangerous for the industry.

(b).  The Senate recognizes that the nationalization of highways, roads, and bridges is unnecessary and dangerous for the designing of future infrastructure.

(c).  The Senate recognizes that the federal taxation of automotive fuel is economically dangerous and an unnecessary tax.

Section 2
All Federal taxes on the purchase of all fuel used for the powering of automotive vehicles shall be hereby repealed.

Section 3
(a). The Urban Mass Transit Act of 1964, Railway Labor Act of 1926, and the Railroad Retirement Act of 1934 are hereby repealed.

(b). All subsides on freight rail, subways, and other forms of passenger rail are shall be declared void by FY2006.

Section 4
(a).  The management of all highway, road, and bridge networks in Atlasia shall be transfered to their respective regional governments by FY2006.

What are the fiscal implications of this bill?  Seems like you're getting rid of all gas taxes, that's got to cost a lot
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 05:39:48 PM »

In a Naso-like flourish of amusement that will be produced by this, since it now looks like my Constitutional Amendment to Keep and Bear Arms is going down in flames, I would like to introduce this bill to remind people to actually read the Atlasian Constitution sometime:

(this is a joke bill, but it is quite legal)

Confiscation of Firearms Bill

Section 1

All Citizens of Atlasia shall not be allowed to keep firearms, explosives or any other weapon implements on their personage at any time, nor in their places of residence, unless given special rights to by the federal government.

Section 2

Anyone found in violation of this law can be sentenced in Federal Court to a sentence not less than 10 years and not greater than 100 years.
Sam, I don't like to actually read what I vote on so this get's my full support.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 11:56:05 AM »

Marijuana Criminalization Act

Section I
The Marijauana Legalization and Taxation act is hereby repealed.

Section II
Regions shall be given the right to decide the status of Marijuana legaliziation in their state.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 10:33:21 AM »

Atlasian Tax Reform Act of 2005

Section I
The Alternative Minimum Tax is now alterted in which the minimum base to be qualified increases proportionally to inflation annually.  The minimum base is now set at $80,000.

Section II
Coporate Income Tax deductions and subsidies not pertaining to discouraging a negative externality or encouraging scientific research and development or any other positive externality shall be cut 25%.

Section III
The Earned Income Tax Credit (ETIC) is increased by 10%

Section IV
For all married couples filling jointly, the income will be taxed at the rate average of the rates of the two individuals should they have filled seperately

Section V
The Federal Estate Tax is renewed to 1999 levels for all estates of valued over $5,000,000. 

Section VI
The current FY 2005 tax cuts for those in the top 1% tax bracket are eliminated and the tax cuts for the top 2-5% are cut in half.

Section VII
The income tax rate for small buisnesses is decreased 5%.  A small buisness in this case will be defined as any buisness that's gross revenue is between $50,000 and $5,000,000.

Section VIII
Taxes for all making less than $75,000 anually are cut 1%.

I will work on the facts and figures while it works it's way to the floor.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:37 AM »

Supreme Court Adjustments of 2005

Section 1:  Article III, Section I, Clause II of the constitution will now read as follows:

The Supreme Court shall consist of five Justices who shall all be registered voters, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice. Justices shall hold their office during good behavior.

Section II:
This will take effect upon ratification by the regions, as specified in the constitution.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 07:25:07 PM »

Section 1:  Article III, Section I, Clause II of the constitution will now read as follows:

The Supreme Court shall consist of five Justices who shall all be registered voters, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice. Justices shall hold their office during good behavior.

Section II:
This will take effect upon ratification by the regions, as specified in the constitution.

What is the rationale for having five justices?
Packing it with people who will overturn Bono vs. Atlasia and render Supersoulty's unwed mothers protection bill constitutional.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 10:06:35 AM »

Section II:

What is the rationale for having five justices?
Packing it with people who will overturn Bono vs. Atlasia and render Supersoulty's unwed mothers protection bill constitutional.

Well, I suppose at least you're very open about your extremely Machiavellian motives.
I'm simply letting the people decide if they want the bill approved.  If they disaprove of it, they will reject this amendment.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 07:42:40 PM »

Manifest Destiny!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 03:29:50 PM »

I'm ok with it if we sell Quebec to France once we get it, jk.

I'm not sure about this bill at the moment.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »

I'll introduce all the bills for you except the minimum wage one. $7.40 is too high, if it was $6 I'll go for it though. Smiley
7.40 too high?  If we had kept minimum wage up to inflation in the first place it'd be higher than 10 bucks right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies