Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:28:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107092 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: February 17, 2005, 02:56:36 AM »

District Two Relief Bill

Single § Money shall be appropriated from the treasure, in enough quantity to provide the citizens of District 2 with a financial relief of 1,000,000$00.

After all, it's not real money.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 05:08:22 AM »

Supreme Court Adjustments of 2005

Section 1:  Article III, Section I, Clause II of the constitution will now read as follows:

The Supreme Court shall consist of five Justices who shall all be registered voters, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice. Justices shall hold their office during good behavior.

Section II:
This will take effect upon ratification by the regions, as specified in the constitution.

What is the rationale for having five justices?
Packing it with people who will overturn Bono vs. Atlasia and render Supersoulty's unwed mothers protection bill constitutional.

Well, I suppose at least you're very open about your extremely
Machiavellian motives.
OMG ITS THE FEC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »

Emsworth Statement: It doesn't say the Senate can't admit states though.
The Senate is a body of enumerated powers. It does not, in my view, have the authority to admit states unless the power is specifically granted. Furthermore, the inclusion of the clause I pointed out above seems to rule out the possibility of the Senate admitting states on its own. Instead, that clause appears to indicate that new states join Atlasia only if they do so in real life as well.

I'm sorry to say this but Emsworth is right. Since it is not a power delegated to the Senate as enumerated in the Powers of the Senate section of the Constitution. Since this is not delegated to the federal government it would be up to the provinces themselves to apply for statehood. If you are in support of this you could talk with Sec State WMS about an official resolution encouraging the Provinces of Canada to hold referenda on statehood and with John Ford to get things moving on the GM side of things.

Also as the Dominion of Canada is a sovereign nation it is thus not entitled to follow the acts, laws, or resolutions of other sovereign nations. Section 3 seems to state that the Canadian government must do when it has no obligation to do it.

Canada isnot a dominion.
It's full official name is just Canada.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 05:31:25 PM »

I see the reactionary left is into action.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2006, 02:39:18 AM by Demi-Senator Bono »

Term Limits Amendment

Section 1
Subsection 1
1. No person shall be elected to the office of Senator more than two consecutive terms, or during the four months after reaching his term limit, whether for the same District or Region, or for different ones.

2. No person shall be elected to the office of President or Vice-President twice in any two consecutive general elections, or during the six months after reaching his term limit

Subsection 2
1. On Clause One, Section One, Article Two of the Atlasian Constitution shall read as follows:
"The executive power shall be vested in the President of the Republic of Atlasia. He shall be elected with a Vice President for a term of approximately six months.

Section Two
1. Persons currenly holding office shall be affected by this Amendment with respect to the number of consecutive terms already completed insofaras it shall affect their candidacy at the next scheduled election.

Section Three
1. In case a Senator is elected by special election, or appointed by a Governor, if the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be longer than half of the term, it shall count as one term for effects of this amendment. If the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be shorter than half of the term, it shall not count for the purposes of this amendment.

2. In case someone is selected to the office of Vice President by the Senate in case of a Vacancy, if the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be longer than half of the term, it shall count as one term for effects of this amendment. If the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be shorter than half of the term, it shall not count fo the purposes of this amendment.

3. In case someone arises to the office of President by means of a vacancy,  if the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be longer than half of the term, it shall count as one term for effects of this amendment. If the length of time from his swearing in to his ceasing of functions shall be shorter than half of the term, it shall not count fo the purposes of this amendment.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »

Term Limits Amendment

Section 1
Subsection 1
1. No person shall be elected to the office of Senator more than two consecutive terms, weather for the same District or Region, of for different ones.

2. No person shall be elected to the office of President or Vice-President more than one consecutive terms.

If we need to have twelve new people every eight months, it seems to me that we will very quickly run out of good candidates.  What happens if we have no eligible candidates as a result?  2006 will likely see a spike in membership, but then that'll settle off and we'll have roughly the same people hanging around until 2008.

It's two consecutive terms. You can run again after one term has passed.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:47:28 PM »

No offense Bono but that's horrible and I won't be voting for it.

Afraid to lose the ol' job?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 04:54:55 PM »

No offense Bono but that's horrible and I won't be voting for it.

Afraid to lose the ol' job?

I don't want to lose my job yes but I haven't supported term limits before when this was last brought up. Soon I'll be introducing a bill that would get rid of the PPT term limits, if I win I definitly won't go over the original 4 because I wouldn't want the job that long.

So what about all that freedom that you talk about before? Don't have enough trust in the people to decide who or who they don't want? Let the people decide, if they don't want us we won't be in office.

freedom is much more endagered by an aristocracy of incumbents than some people not being able for a term limited senator.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »

Term Limits Amendment

Section 1
Subsection 1
2. No person shall be elected to the office of President or Vice-President more than one consecutive terms, or during the six months after achieving his term limit
How can one terms (sic) be consecutive?

Hm, oops. can you give me a better phrasing for that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies