Mideast Constitutional Amendment: Vote Tracker/Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:17:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Constitutional Amendment: Vote Tracker/Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Constitutional Amendment: Vote Tracker/Discussion  (Read 1444 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: February 17, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »

Yay!  I don't have to potentially become Governor anymore! Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:28:07 AM »

Is that the correct interpretation of the amendment?  The language says "fall vacant"; here, it is being created vacant.  I'm not sure that that would fit under "fall vacant".  Not that I care either way - just throwing that out there.  (We haven't had a court case in a while, you know.) Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:31 PM »

At least as far as I'm concerned, there will not be a lawsuit. My opinion on this matter differs from yours and the governor's - in my view the prerequisite for a vacancy is that someone previously held the office in question - but I'm fine with your general opinion. The most important to me was that we could hear what the representative of our judicial branch has to say before we proceed on this matter. And this is the case now.

If I have time, I may file suit.  TJ really hasn't had much to do... why not put the position to use? Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »

At least as far as I'm concerned, there will not be a lawsuit. My opinion on this matter differs from yours and the governor's - in my view the prerequisite for a vacancy is that someone previously held the office in question - but I'm fine with your general opinion. The most important to me was that we could hear what the representative of our judicial branch has to say before we proceed on this matter. And this is the case now.

If I have time, I may file suit.  TJ really hasn't had much to do... why not put the position to use? Smiley
If the position was want to not be filled yet, the amendment should've had it take affect when the next Governor is sworn in in May. There's still 3/4 of a term left.

How can something that was never filled "fall vacant"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »

It fell vacant when it came into existence.  That's my interpretation.

A fall is a type of change in condition; there is no change in condition here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies