Atlasian Risk
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlasian Risk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Atlasian Risk  (Read 5668 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

Arizona and New Mexico join Mexico as the 32nd and 33rd Mexican states, while Mexico occupies El Paso and the Rio Grande valley, with the support of the locals.

Rule #4. Wink
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »

The Holy Empire of Deseret alienates many of its liberal and secular citizens with its increasingly fundamentalist regulations on personal behavior. Initially, only a small number of the most radical moved out of the state. However, as laws became more and more draconian, amounting to what some might go so far as to describe as outright persecution of non-Mormons, thousands end up leaving the state each month. Many move to the United States of California, but most move to New Montana. The sparsely-populated state isn't sure what to do with the new immigrants, as it seems that entire towns spring up over night. As New Montana comes up with increasingly desperate measures to deal with its new (and unwanted) residents, relations between the two nations become more and more strained, until an incident at the border leads to the outcome that everyone had feared all along. While it's impossible to say exactly what happened that day, the inevitable outcome is immediately clear to almost everybody: war.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »

Faced with a three-front war, the IDS loses significant ground to both Texas and Florida.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »

Sorry, guys.  Been busy lately.  Here's the new map:

The IDS begins to lose ground, now with Texas and Florida regaining their territories.  Florida was able to regain its territory easier than it expected to, and annexed south Alabama and Mississippi as payback for the IDS's aggression.

The map divides even further, as the states of Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma form the United Christian Alliance.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2013, 03:43:16 PM by True Federalist »

You need to give the UCA a different color as it looks exactly the same as the IDS.  Speaking of which:

The Emperor looks to have no clothes, Republican forces manage to push Imperial forces back across the Sabine. Royal Floridian Marines seize New Orleans, and a Bandit leader takes control of Kentucky with the intention of joining it to the SWC.

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »

Would it be against the rules for the Holy Empire of Deseret to annex American Samoa?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »

Although New Montana thought it was in league with Cascadia and the Midwestern League it soon fins out its not when its 2 thought to be allies declare war. Deseret soon jumps in, claiming Wyoming while Cascadia claims Idaho and the Midwest claims Montana itself.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

In an attempt to "pacify" the warring states, Russia and China launch a joint task force to invade and occupy the western parts of the former United States. Hawaii and the other Pacific islands are fully occupied, with beach heads in Puget Sound and San Francisco Bay.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »

I'll change the color of the UCA for the next map, even though I don't think they look the same.  Maybe my eyesight's just better..

Would it be against the rules for the Holy Empire of Deseret to annex American Samoa?

It isn't on the map, so yes, it would be.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 11:11:12 PM »

I'll change the color of the UCA for the next map, even though I don't think they look the same.  Maybe my eyesight's just better.

They're both brown.  If I concentrate really hard I can tell that the UCA is a little redder, but not enough to easily notice the difference when there's a big white border separating them.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 10:19:20 AM »

The might of the IDS begins to drain, now with Texas fully in control of its territory and the city of New Orleans lost to the Royal Floridian Marines.  Also, Kentucky elects a populist-leaning governor who joins his state to the SWC.

Although New Montana had allied with Cascadia and the Midwestern League, it soon finds out it was a trap.  New Montana, which never had an abundant military for self-defense and had sacrificed certain military technologies when signing the treaty, is attacked by Cascadia, the Midwestern League, and Deseret and is reduced to one state.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 11:22:09 AM »

Immediately after signing a peace treaty with New Montana, the Holy Empire of Deseret sets its sights on the Republic of Cascadia state of Idaho, seeking to once and for all unite all of North America's major Mormon states.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »

The Kingdom of Florida agrees to a peace treaty with the IDS, using New Orleans as a bargaining chip. Florida agrees to return New Orleans in exchange for peace, and the Florida Parishes of Louisiana (as well as Florida's military gains in Alabama and Mississippi) being recognized as part of Florida.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »

In an attempt to "pacify" the warring states, Russia and China launch a joint task force to invade and occupy the western parts of the former United States. Hawaii and the other Pacific islands are fully occupied, with beach heads in Puget Sound and San Francisco Bay.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »

The UCA after a brutal war, invades the states of Mo, Nebraska, and Northern texas
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 02:06:52 PM »

4.) The only states/countries playing are the ones on the map.

Just assume, I suppose, that other nations are just as balkanized as the US has become, or have otherwise become incredibly destabilized and/or isolationist.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »

Just assume, I suppose, that other nations are just as balkanized as the US has become, or have otherwise become incredibly destabilized and/or isolationist.

They will be on the map, just as beach heads on the West Coast (Russia already occupies Alaska)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

They will be on the map, just as beach heads on the West Coast (Russia already occupies Alaska)

I'll allow that.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »

I'll allow that.

But you didn't allow mine?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »

I'll allow that.

But you didn't allow mine?

Sorry.  I stupidly forgot that Rio Grande is, in fact, on the US map. Tongue  I'll include those changes on the next map.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 01:40:33 AM »

UCA evangelists head north, succeeding in getting Kansas to join the UCA, and sparking rebellions in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, and Indiana that tie down Midwestern League forces so that they cannot contest the departure of Kansas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »

Immediately after signing a peace treaty with New Montana, the Holy Empire of Deseret sets its sights on the Republic of Cascadia state of Idaho, seeking to once and for all unite all of North America's major Mormon states.  With heavy international pressure, Idaho voluntarily joins the Empire.

Meanwhile, Arizona and New Mexico join Mexico as the 32nd and 33rd Mexican states, while Mexico occupies El Paso and the Rio Grande valley, with the support of the locals.  The President of Texas issues an order formally calling for the removal of the Mexican army.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

Seeing hostile powers to the west, north, and south, the remnant of New Montana seeks entry into the United Mexican States as the 36th State.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »

With a large Mexican population sympathetic to the Mexican cause, the United States of California signs a treaty with Mexico recognizing Mexican claims on their territories in the former USA, and setting up an alliance between the two nations.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 06:19:53 AM »

The Republic of Texas is unnerved by Mexico's increasing regional influence and declares war, attempting to take over all of Mexico's claims in the former United States of America and (hopefully) make them part of the Republic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies