Thank you.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:04:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Thank you.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thank you.  (Read 1365 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:15:34 AM »

Last night, I found myself exhausted after a weekend of constant stress and monitoring of the electing, and decided to just go to sleep, originally with the intent of waking up as polls closed, but that didn't happen. Tongue

But, I'm happy to have been elected President of Atlasia, with the highest number of raw votes of any Presidential candidate in the history of Atlasia. Another bit of history being made; I will be the first non-Liberal elected President since dissolution over a year ago. This is a big deal, and if Atlasia is to continue moving forward, we need actual party competition, and not dominance of certain offices by one party over a long period of time. That is not healthy, and I am happy to see Atlasia change things up.

I congratulate all the winners. Oakvale, Ben, Nix, Yankee, Snowstalker, and Napoleon. I hope we can all get along once I become President, and that we all have a productive relationship that focuses on getting things done, rather than squabbling between ourselves. There are a ton of things to do! And I know that we can get things done if we actually put our minds to it. So once March hits, let's get serious about changing things, that is, afterall, what Atlasia wants more than anything else. Any change proposed through my term in office, and the debate surrounding it, I hope will focus on the change itself, and not the person proposing it. Pettiness isn't what we need.

I also wanted to give some public love to my running mate, Duke, who was an absolute saint throughout this race. Part-policy partner, part-therapist, he kept me sane throughout all that we faced, and was a great political and policy focused mind. He shares my zeal for reform, so I can't imagine a better partner for me in the White House.

In the next few days, I suppose, Duke and I will take some time to recoup after the campaign and the election, and all the madness that caused, and then open a transition office that focuses on initial business, like picking cabinet members! As well as talking more about what we hope to achieve in office. Until then, I just really wanted to say thanks. Onward!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:21:10 AM »

Ok, where's my cabinet post?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2013, 09:51:01 AM by Sbane »

See, the fact that the liberal party held the Presidency for a year should be completely irrelevant. We should make these decisions based on individuals and not party. I voted for you, Marokai, not your party. Hell, I don't even know what party you are and I don't care (labor or TPP I guess). If this was all about parties as opposed to individuals and the job they would do, I should have voted for Cathcon. Since the TPP and Labor have made it their mission to destroy the Liberal party, perhaps we should just vote against you guys at every chance?

Liberals and Labor have to work together. I have said this since the dissolution but no one listened to me or trusted me. Its not very hard to understand. We will compete as well, but on the 3rd or 4th ballot we should be voting the same. Don't let Snowstalker and other bomb throwers misguide you. If we don't work together, the next President might be a right winger.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »

I don't know who is feeding you and the rest all of these things, sbane, but it is not TPP's "mission" to destroy the Liberal Party. In fact, many of us have offered to work with your party, but our efforts have been spat upon. As I said earlier, perhaps you all should do your own homework as opposed to listening to folks with their own agenda feed you information. I am happy to talk to anyone who wishes to do that. You'd be amazed at the change in your perspective. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »

You ran a strong and issue-based campaign and even though there was another ticket in the race that was closer to my heart I sincerely congratulate you on your victory!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »

You ran a strong and issue-based campaign and even though there was another ticket in the race that was closer to my heart I sincerely congratulate you on your victory!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »

See, the fact that the liberal party held the Presidency for a year should be completely irrelevant. We should make these decisions based on individuals and not party. I voted for you, Marokai, not your party. Hell, I don't even know what party you are and I don't care (labor or TPP I guess). If this was all about parties as opposed to individuals and the job they would do, I should have voted for Cathcon. Since the TPP and Labor have made it their mission to destroy the Liberal party, perhaps we should just vote against you guys at every chance?

Liberals and Labor have to work together. I have said this since the dissolution but no one listened to me or trusted me. Its not very hard to understand. We will compete as well, but on the 3rd or 4th ballot we should be voting the same. Don't let Snowstalker and other bomb throwers misguide you. If we don't work together, the next President might be a right winger.

I only mentioned the party stuff because after dissolution, there was a lot of fear that we would simply reconsolidate all over again, and that all the work leading up to dissolution was for naught. This election proved that people aren't letting party dominance ruin the game again. Many of my voters voted for Napoleon as well; they voted for individual, and if that's the case, I will work as an individual and want everyone else to do the same.

I promise you, I'm my own man. I have every desire to work with everyone, regardless of their party. I really really just want to get stuff done. I leave the silly politics stuff to the organizer types. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 10:08:51 AM »

I don't know who is feeding you and the rest all of these things, sbane, but it is not TPP's "mission" to destroy the Liberal Party. In fact, many of us have offered to work with your party, but our efforts have been spat upon. As I said earlier, perhaps you all should do your own homework as opposed to listening to folks with their own agenda feed you information. I am happy to talk to anyone who wishes to do that. You'd be amazed at the change in your perspective. Smiley

Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »

Guys, come on, no fighting. Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »

I will wait patiently for him to try and explain how he or his party have tried to work with Liberals. I can't think of any examples. I know they certainly have not tried to work with me and no one I've talked to suggests that others have received any kind of positive interaction.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »

Perhaps send him a PM then. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

I would rather see him stumble around in public try to explain something he knows is not true. Or, more appropriately, take his comments back outright. I've grown quite tired of his act.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »

I have made plenty of overtures to Wolfentoad over the past few weeks after I was approached by he and Mr. X to merge with your party. I explained to him the need for us to unite and work together to further the center and center-left. If this has not been what he has told you, I am sorry, as I cannot control what is said behind closed doors.

You are free to your opinions towards me, as I know it is difficult to change minds that are already made up. I will maintain there is no agenda to destroy the Liberals. Everyone who joined TPP did so on their own accord. The only people unwilling to bury the hatchet is your party, and I don't think I need to spell out the tactics going on behind the scenes that tell me you all have no interest in working with us. Word does get back to me, you know.

I am not looking for this to spiral out of control into some huge mud slinging event. We have a lot of work to do, we are both in office now, so it is best to bury any personal animosities towards each other for the good of this game. I know you can do it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »

I will just say that no one told me anything about a move to destroy our party, that is just the feeling I get from seeing things around here. For example, Oakvale ran against me with the exact same agenda. Why? I don't mind competition but our debate was a joke. We agreed on everything. I would hope my opponent would do something to distinguish himself from me. I just wonder why he was running against me. And then I see Labor and the TPP collaborating while some in the labor party act like douches towards us.....Maybe I am wrong, but that was just the feeling I got.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »

I will just say that no one told me anything about a move to destroy our party, that is just the feeling I get from seeing things around here. For example, Oakvale ran against me with the exact same agenda. Why? I don't mind competition but our debate was a joke. We agreed on everything. I would hope my opponent would do something to distinguish himself from me. I just wonder why he was running against me. And then I see Labor and the TPP collaborating while some in the labor party act like douches towards us.....Maybe I am wrong, but that was just the feeling I got.

I understand your feeling. I also understand why some in the Liberals are angry at TPP. I get it - I do. But as I said, I have done nothing but to offer to work with your party, whether it had been through a merger or otherwise, to further the agendas both our parties seem to want to pursue. I never formed TPP to poach members. And I never encourages anyone to run against you. They did that on their own accord for their own reasons. We had just been formed as a party, so the ground game was nonexistent in October 2012.

Anyway, as I said, I am not here to fight or argue with Napoleon or anyone else. I think most people are well aware of what TPP stands for, what we wish to do, and the work we put in to making the organization a success. As I said, I know i cannot change minds already made up, but I urge anyone who is confused or has this feeling to talk to me. Jeez, I am not some monster. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »

I have made plenty of overtures to Wolfentoad over the past few weeks after I was approached by he and Mr. X to merge with your party. I explained to him the need for us to unite and work together to further the center and center-left. If this has not been what he has told you, I am sorry, as I cannot control what is said behind closed doors.

You are free to your opinions towards me, as I know it is difficult to change minds that are already made up. I will maintain there is no agenda to destroy the Liberals. Everyone who joined TPP did so on their own accord. The only people unwilling to bury the hatchet is your party, and I don't think I need to spell out the tactics going on behind the scenes that tell me you all have no interest in working with us. Word does get back to me, you know.

I am not looking for this to spiral out of control into some huge mud slinging event. We have a lot of work to do, we are both in office now, so it is best to bury any personal animosities towards each other for the good of this game. I know you can do it.

Actually its easy to change my mind. See Tmth for example. All it really takes is to stop being a bitter douche making comments about how I will be an excellent Senator for the right and whatever other trolling you've done. Its entirely disingenuous to say that the Liberal Party is the Napoleon party and at the same time claim to try to work with Liberals and not try to work with me. Are you admitting that I am not the Liberal Party?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

Actually its easy to change my mind. See Tmth for example. All it really takes is to stop being a bitter douche making comments about how I will be an excellent Senator for the right and whatever other trolling you've done. Its entirely disingenuous to say that the Liberal Party is the Napoleon party and at the same time claim to try to work with Liberals and not try to work with me. Are you admitting that I am not the Liberal Party?

To be honest, your party officials did not want you as part of the discussion. When I was approached by them, it was agreed that you did not need to be informed of it. I did ask what you would think about the discussions early on, believe me.

Look, I know we have had a rough past, we are not the best of friends, and perhaps our styles clash, but there is no conspiracy here. We are not trying to destroy the Liberals. I think you and I both share a passion for this game and we both want to see it improve. I do hope that we can put whatever misconceptions there are to rest, work together from now on and advance our ideals. I am willing to do that. I think the game will be far better off with us as allies than as enemies.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »

Either you want to work together or you want to make snide remarks...can't have it both ways bud but the ball is in your court.

Fwiw,  I did know the discussions were taking place and didn't care. I would have supported it and still would. But at the time I was far too busy. I didn't even know what a federalist was until a month or so after the fact.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 11:13:20 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2013, 11:15:34 AM by Senator Duke »

Either you want to work together or you want to make snide remarks...can't have it both ways bud but the ball is in your court.

Fwiw,  I did know the discussions were taking place and didn't care. I would have supported it and still would. But at the time I was far too busy. I didn't even know what a federalist was until a month or so after the fact.

Well I can't read minds, as I am sure you are well aware. I was just told you did not need to know till the last minute, so I honored their wishes.

Anyway, I am only looking forward now, and I hope we can turn over a new leaf. I am happy Marokai and I will have the chance to serve, I congratulate you on your victory, and I hope that despite whatever differences we may have, our work will better serve The People of Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »

Ok, Duke. I am not here to cause any problems I promise that.

But one little correction: Marokai, you aren't the presidential candidate with the highest vote total. That's me! Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

But one little correction: Marokai, you aren't the presidential candidate with the highest vote total. That's me! Smiley

Yes, I saw! In the final count I came a couple votes short of going into the final round that would've given me that title! I'll settle for winner of the Presidential race with the highest number of voters. It is impressive enough. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:09 AM »

Yes, I saw! In the final count I came a couple votes short of going into the final round that would've given me that title! I'll settle for winner of the Presidential race with the highest number of voters. It is impressive enough. Tongue

Admittedly, I didn't even know I held that record. I looked up a couple elections to check if my 64 this time was a record and learned that little tidbit. Kind of cool. But I would trade a higher margin for higher turnout every time.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2013, 11:36:47 AM by homelycooking »

Turnout was actually fairly middling. Of the four Presidential elections held during my tenure as SoFE, this one ranks third in turnout with 72%. The last Presidential election hit 77%!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »

Congrats to you and my love!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies