For or Against? **AD#5**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  For or Against? **AD#5**
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For or Against? **AD#5**  (Read 972 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2005, 01:48:36 AM »

Recently in the thread that was created about not PMing inactive voters George W. Bush said the following Sad[/i]

Ok, that position is perfectly respectable to have.

But then after that Senator States Rights posted that he was strongly against this idea as his strong integrity told him this would suppress voters. After the fact George W Bush then came out with this Sad

That is way to far, I would not support that either.

Some may think nothing of this but when the tough issues come to decision time. Would you trust this way of thinking?

Or would you support Senator StatesRights. A consistently strong on the issues senator who has never let his district citizens down?

We'll let you decide.[/i]

[*Paid for by the StatesRights Senatorial Campaign]

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 01:53:38 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2005, 02:01:42 AM by Senate Candidate Sam Spade »

Funny.

Maybe his name should really be John F. Kerry after all.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 01:58:54 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2005, 02:01:29 AM by Chief of Staff Mike Naso »

Recently in the thread that was created about not PMing inactive voters George W. Bush said the following Sad[/i]

But then after that Senator States Rights posted that he was strongly against this idea as his strong integrity told him this would suppress voters. After the fact George W Bush then came out with this Sad

Some may think nothing of this but when the tough issues come to decision time. Would you trust this way of thinking?

Or would you support Senator StatesRights. A consistently strong on the issues senator who has never let his district citizens down?

George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 08:15:25 AM »

Wrong, You simply have it wrong. The First thing was proposed by KEmp was simply saying he wanted to get legislation to stop tomatosouping. He gave very little details.

Nym90 on the other hand (the one I oppose) wanted to make a mandatory test about Candidates platforms, and a person would have to pass a test before they vote. There is a difference and I Support the first one, Not the Second one.

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 08:16:46 AM »

Oh, okay, that makes sense then.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 08:18:41 AM »

Wrong, You simply have it wrong. The First thing was proposed by KEmp was simply saying he wanted to get legislation to stop tomatosouping. He gave very little details.

Nym90 on the other hand (the one I oppose) wanted to make a mandatory test about Candidates platforms, and a person would have to pass a test before they vote. There is a difference and I Support the first one, Not the Second one.

That's not what Nym said at all.  Nym was taking my position to an extreme, in order to paint it as bad.  Which is fine, but he certainly didn't propose what you think he did.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 08:19:14 AM »

I’m sorry; it was my fault for not quoting Nym’s thread.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 08:22:30 AM »

That's not what Nym said at all.  Nym was taking my position to an extreme, in order to paint it as bad.  Which is fine, but he certainly didn't propose what you think he did.

Ok, I might have misread Nym's post. It seems that I did. This Ad is false but it’s my fault.
-Sorry
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 09:01:27 AM »

In other words, Nym explained to you what KEmp's alluringly-worded proposal meant, and you then changed your mind.
I don't think this is flip-flopping. I think it's misinformedness on your part.
If you'd been more active about six weeks back (heck, I don't blame you for not being, it wasn't a pleasant period in forum history) this would have been clear to you right away.

Now, the question you should ask yourself is: Can you still support this man for President?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:13:52 AM »

In other words, Nym explained to you what KEmp's alluringly-worded proposal meant, and you then changed your mind.
I don't think this is flip-flopping. I think it's misinformedness on your part.
If you'd been more active about six weeks back (heck, I don't blame you for not being, it wasn't a pleasant period in forum history) this would have been clear to you right away.

Now, the question you should ask yourself is: Can you still support this man for President?

Nym has totally misrepresented my proposal. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 11:06:30 AM »

His presentation was not entirely fair, especially in the second paragraph...but it was fairer than your own.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 01:49:43 PM »

We need a senator who will not misrepresent people in D3 and all of Atlasia. NASO!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 03:00:49 PM »

George you need to calm down. You don't need to respond to every ad that States puts out. It's an attack ad its not supposed to be completely factually accurate. If you want to bring this up either do it in a campaign speech or in one of your own ads.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 04:08:20 PM »

This sounds a lot like "I actually did vote for KEs plan before I went against it".

Flip

FLOP!

BUMB!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies