Bore/Nix for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:47:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bore/Nix for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Bore/Nix for President  (Read 28083 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »

Endorsed
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2015, 12:30:15 AM »

Bacon King,

If elected Vice President, can you promise to continue being funny?

In the spirit of Joe Biden, I can only hope I become even funnier as Vice President
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

We'd like to welcome Potus/Maxwell and Cincy/Duke to the race. Hopefully we can have a clean issues based campaign Smiley

I feel as GM it would be wrong of me to endorse a ticket. I still feel that I will need to abstain as long as I'm in the job (Which may or may not be much longer)... Though if I could, you know I'd endorse you.

The sentiment is much appreciated Cynic. And I think I speak for everyone in atlasia in saying I'd rather have one less vote in a campaign than not have you as GM Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »

Bacon King,

If elected Vice President, can you promise to continue being funny?

In the spirit of Joe Biden, I can only hope I become even funnier as Vice President

In this case, endorsed.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

The unity of Labor and The People cannot be defeated.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Endorsed!
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »

While I don't know Bore personally yet, I believe he represents the values I hold dear best among the presidential contenders.

Bacon King is a veteran of Atlasia, someone with whom I have had the honor of serving with in the Atlasian Senate, and who I trust will make an excellent Vice President.

Therefore I am endorsing the Bore/Bacon King ticket for President and Vice President. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2015, 12:07:47 AM »

Much appreciated Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2015, 05:36:29 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 05:39:05 PM by Senator bore »

Today marks the unveiling of the first stage of me and BK's plan, if we were elected. We're not going to write an especially long manifesto, both because no one would read it, but also because these tend to obscure what we'd actually do in government. The first part is about the game, and what we'd do to change it.

Every presidential and even senate campaign begins by announcing a sweeping game reform agenda which will, at best, ground to a halt in the regions. To try and avoid this fate, if elected, we would focus on just one measure to tangibly improve atlasia.

The results from the Commission on Electoral Reform is further evidence for something we've all long suspected - at large elections as they exist at the moment are boring. Atlasia is primarily an elections game, and an election won more often by skillful mathematicians than skillful campaigners is not what we should be aiming for. If elected we'd try and push through the senate an amendment to the constitution changing class B seats from at large elections to districts.

One common argument against districts is it could lead to the extremes being forced out, but atlasia is so self segregating that we doubt this will be a problem. At the moment both the at large and regional seats are 4-1 left/centre left- centre right/right. A full blown communist has been elected regularly in a regional seat, and Deus came within two votes of beating me in the fairly moderate region.

There are two other minor game changes we'd like to propose in addition to this change. Firstly we'd aim to give the control of the federal reserve to either the SoIA or the senate, as at the moment the GM is judge jury and executioner. Secondly we'd aim to focus on that most important wiki issue, namely the constitution. At the moment it hasn't been update since Nix's presidency, and very soon, unless we take action, there could be chaos with different versions of it circulating.

Thank you, and if there are any questions we'd be happy to take them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »

Boy, does this sound familiar! Wink
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Tongue
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2015, 09:43:16 AM »

So, this thread is now open for any questions on the campaign, or how a bore/Bk administration would work Smiley

Fire away Tongue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:03 AM »

What would a Bore Administration do to help improve healthcare, employment and education rights for native Atlasians?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2015, 04:51:40 PM »

What would a Bore Administration do to help improve healthcare, employment and education rights for native Atlasians?

Thanks for the question Blair.

Taking your first question about healthcare, in the senate I authored a bill increasing the number of doctors being trained in atlasia to what is actually required, so healthcare has always been an issue of importance to me. I think our healthcare system is broadly good, and we all know the dangers of constantly tinkering with it, which hurts morale and runs up a huge administrative bill. Too often grand utopian visions crumble in the implementation.

One thing I would like to look into is relieving strain on Emergency staff. In Britain recently there has been a huge issue with overcrowded A and E's. Roughly 16% of visitors were people coming in when they should have been going to their GP or calling a staffed helpline, but in other cases they genuinely needed treatment, and waiting hours to get it can end up by hurting the patient and the state in the long term. I would as president try to encourage more trainees to go into emergency medicine, and also expand a and e facilities to have more beds.

With regard to education, again there is a real danger to revolutionary changes. Teachers can not keep up with a constantly changing curriculum, and all of us who have been in the first year of taking a course know how wrong it can go. Again, that said, we can and should make some changes, for instance a national free school meals program for the poorest children, as it is impossible to learn on an empty stomach.

Again on employment there are no easy answers and what works in one area may not work in others. One thing that I would like to do is ensure that large new government projects are not simply placed in wealthy, easy options, but are used to rejuvenate more economically depressed areas. That is why, for instance, I supported moving the Northeast's capital to Buffalo back during that debate.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »

Reading your question again it occured to me that you might be referring to healthcare, education and employment specifically for native atlasians Tongue

What I said remains largely true for this more specific category, but I'd like to add one or two things as well.

Me and BK both voted for the senate to spend 150 million dollars to be distributed by the SoIA to help fund improvements among the Native Atlasian community and among atlasians still impacted by slavery today. I think we both believe that this microtargeting in this case will work much better.

One thing I would also like to do is implement on a federal level what then representative barnes proposed in my own region, the northeast. I think this could be a really useful tool in preserving native atlasian's unique culture.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »

Question : With the rise of Terrorism, What would you do to combat it while maintaining respect for Islam as a religion ?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »

Reading your question again it occured to me that you might be referring to healthcare, education and employment specifically for native atlasians Tongue

What I said remains largely true for this more specific category, but I'd like to add one or two things as well.

Me and BK both voted for the senate to spend 150 million dollars to be distributed by the SoIA to help fund improvements among the Native Atlasian community and among atlasians still impacted by slavery today. I think we both believe that this microtargeting in this case will work much better.

One thing I would also like to do is implement on a federal level what then representative barnes proposed in my own region, the northeast. I think this could be a really useful tool in preserving native atlasian's unique culture.

Haha I probably should of put it in bold Tongue

Very good suggestions on all policy areas, I'm very glad that you both voted on the civil rights funding, this is a clear example of the leadership this country needs
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2015, 02:34:57 PM »

Question : With the rise of Terrorism, What would you do to combat it while maintaining respect for Islam as a religion ?

Thanks for the question jojoju1998, it's always good to have new atlasians coming through how are active and enthusiastic.

A bore administration would do everything possible to stop terrorism, as I suspect is true of any administration. We would fund our intelligence services so they are able to keep track of known radicals and we'd support measures to stop radicalisation, working in partnership with mosques and imams.

That said, we can't predict every lone gunman and we shouldn't sacrifice every liberty we have in what would be a fruitless attempt to. Like so many things, this is a difficult balancing act.

What will you do to reduce rural poverty in Atlasia?

Like many of the issues I've already talked about there isn't an easy answer here.

One thing I would like to do though is improve rural public transport. The government spends billions a year on mass transit in cities like New York, and that is very important. But for a fraction of that we could help to subsidise a reliable bus service linking rural communities. This would allow people living in rural areas the chance to commute to work cheaply while still staying in their areas of birth. I think another thing that could be done is a tax on second homes. Many picturesque rural areas have house prices driven up by holiday home buying urban dwellers, which stops locals staying in their own area and deprives the town's economy of people paying regular bills.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »

I endorse you. You seem more sane than me. I just have one question. What new Ideas do you propose to reduce Child Hunger ?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

I endorse you. You seem more sane than me. I just have one question. What new Ideas do you propose to reduce Child Hunger ?

Thank you for your endorsement Smiley

In answer to your question, as I was talking about earlier, one thing I would support is an expanded free school meals program, which should guarantee that all children have some food every day. Besides that the issue of child hunger can not be separated from broader efforts to reduce poverty, for instance by maintaining and increasing where possible programs for the jobless.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »

Any more questions?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »

If you were elected, in what ways do you think your administration's foreign policy would differ from the foreign policy of a theoretical Maxwell/Dallasfan administration?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:16 PM »

If you were elected, in what ways do you think your administration's foreign policy would differ from the foreign policy of a theoretical Maxwell/Dallasfan administration?

Broadly speaking it would not be too disimilar, but I imagine I would be more interventionist than Maxwell.

On an issue like ISIS I don't think it is morally acceptable for us not to try and stop them however we can. Obviously missions should, for instance, be ran through with, say, the kurds or jordanians so that they are as effective as possible, but we should still be willing and able to intervene.

I think, as the richest and most militarily powerful country in the world we have a sort of moral obligation to do something in awful situations like these. Just as a billionaire should, morally speaking, give a large portion of their wealth to charity so we too should do what we can.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »

Bumping this again.

Does anyone have anymore questions? I don't bite Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »

Will anyone in your cabinet bite? how about your staff?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »

Will anyone in your cabinet bite? how about your staff?

Hypothetical President Bore inspects cabinet. For the record, only the big one would be bitey.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies