Bore/Nix for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:45:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bore/Nix for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Bore/Nix for President  (Read 28066 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

You have been such a great Senator, a voice of reason in the Senate; I simply can't think of a Senate without you. Best of luck in your reelection endeavours, I wholeheartedly endorse you!
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »

I wholeheartedly endorse you for your race. You are a committed and passionate social democrat and I hope you continue the fight in the next session.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2014, 05:15:18 PM »

You have been such a great Senator, a voice of reason in the Senate; I simply can't think of a Senate without you. Best of luck in your reelection endeavours, I wholeheartedly endorse you!
Thank you Senator Smiley It has been a pleasure working with you.

I wholeheartedly endorse you for your race. You are a committed and passionate social democrat and I hope you continue the fight in the next session.

Thanks, I guess. I shouldn't need to point out here that we obviously don't agree on very many things.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2014, 07:31:19 AM »

Continuing the reasons to vote for me series, what if you're non partisan, and more specifically, object to the partisan strife going on at the moment?

I'm non partisan

It is widely accepted, by almost everyone in atlasia, that I am not a partisan figure.

That is not to say I'm not proud of being in labor. In fact, my membership of labor shows me aspects of labor which many people think don't exist. Labor is often accused of cracking down on dissent and enforcing a particular orthodoxy, but for me nothing could be further from the truth. I have never been threatened or made to feel worried about my deviations from the views of most in the party.

As I said though, I'm not a partisan figure in the slightest. This can be seen from my opponent himself who states categorically that I'm not a hack. This can also be seen by endorsements I've received (albeit in cassius's case a conditional one) from a federalist senator and members of TPP.

I have very good working relations with almost every senator (excepting maybe JCL, but he doesn't make it easy) as well as many in the past, be they right wing or left wing.

And my voting record bears out that I'm not going to just vote a labor party line (if there can even be said to be one). To finish I'll post something I initially posted in Matt's thread, to show that if you truly want a non partisan senate, you should vote for me:

I'm almost positive that I am, on any number of issues, to matt's right.

Also I resent the implication that I'm a loyal follower of the "labor agenda" (whatever the hell that means, I assume TNF). It's just not born out by the facts. I'm proud to be in the same party as TNF but I almost certainly vote more often with lumine than him.

For instance, I voted against my party to confirm torie to the supreme court and simfan to be gm. In the senate at the moment I've done a large amount of work on a bill reforming public sector strike law, a move bitterly opposed by tnf. At one point during the furore over energy adam described me as being like a 6th right winger. I joined with cync against close friends in the party like SWE and nix and talleyrand and tnf by opposing the group marriage law. I was the deciding vote against the nationalisation of power and transport just a few months ago. I supported president duke's rewrite of the public means public act, against griffin and tnf.

And, seriously, I could go on for paragraphs in a similar vein.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »

As people may be aware, the president has nominated hifly for the position of SoEA

I feel I should inform my constituents that I will be voting against this confirmation.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2014, 05:28:56 PM »

Statement on terrorist attacks

Like all atlasians my thoughts are with those affected by the IS attacks. These attacks are cowardly and cruel and the federal and regional governments must do everything we can to help those affected.

Rest assured this assault on our country shall not silence us. I, and I'm sure the rest of the senate, shall do everything in our power to bring those responsible to justice. Those who think this act shall stop us helping people suffering under IS are grossly mistaken. If anything it should further increase our efforts to help them.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2014, 07:42:01 AM »

I'm reluctant to comment to much on the GM situation until the facts become clearer. Nevertheless, like most atlasians I'm bitterly disappointed with what it seems the president has done.

Further to this, working alongside my friend Sen Cynic, and I think Sen Lumine and Polnut, I have reintroduced former senator shua's bill giving the GM political independence. Hopefully we can have a debate on this as soon as possible.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »

Statement on recent events

Despite the confusion created by DemPGH's resignation, ranging from entertaining to weird, the law is clear. Tyrion has become president and will remain so until he resigns, is banned (hopefully not) or his term ends. If he leaves before the term ends whoever is next in line, which at the moment is Cranberry, will become president. There are no grounds for secession or a junta or Emperor Simfan. As far as I'm concerned it is business as normal from now on.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »

Emperor Bore?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

We could do a lot worse... A whole lot worse.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »

For whatever it is worth, I endorse you in your election efforts. It is clear you are a hard-working sort.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »

For whatever it is worth, I endorse you in your election efforts. It is clear you are a hard-working sort.

Thank you, I appreciate it Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2014, 03:54:31 AM »

you have my endorsement as well
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

Thanks Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2014, 09:46:58 AM »

Congratulations, Senator! The lamestream media once again thought you couldn't win, and you proved them all wrong!

The only way John Borew is leaving the Senate is of his own will (or in an ambulance).

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2014, 11:30:13 AM »

Congratulations on the win. It was a well-fought race, and I'm sure you will do a good job continuing to represent us.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »

I thought Bore lost? I'm confused now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »

I said it was too close to call. Bore pulled out with the last couple of voters. Meaning, in spite of everything, Labor actually netted one seat in the Senate.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »

I'm extremely happy that your talents will remain in the senate, my friend. Congratulations. Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »

I said it was too close to call. Bore pulled out with the last couple of voters. Meaning, in spite of everything, Labor actually netted one seat in the Senate.

Ah. I missed that, or I was going off someone else's post.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »

Congratulations my friend! I'm very glad to see you're still representing the Northeast with pride!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »

Well, that election was quite something. Once again the northeast provided the most exciting election in the country, and I am honoured to have been selected by the people of this great region, even if by only one vote (the same margin, incidentally, as I won over matt in the special election to replace scott).

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me, be they from labor, TPP's, independents or federalists, without every single one of you, I could not have won, and I will try to represent all of you over the next 4 months.

I'd also like to thank Matt and Lief for running an excellent, entertaining and clean campaign, and wish them the best of luck in the future.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »

Congratulations on the win. It was a well-fought race, and I'm sure you will do a good job continuing to represent us.

Thank you, governor Smiley
Congratulations, Senator! The lamestream media once again thought you couldn't win, and you proved them all wrong!

The only way John Borew is leaving the Senate is of his own will (or in an ambulance).

Thank you, Griffin, it's been a pleasure working with you.

Congratulations, my friend. It's reassuring  to know that you will continue to serve us in the Senate.

Thanks Nix, it's a shame that you won't be serving with me.

I'm extremely happy that your talents will remain in the senate, my friend. Congratulations. Smiley

Thanks Barnes, I really hope you stay active in the region. You've been an excellent CJO and I'm sure you'll be excellent in the assembly too.
Congratulations my friend! I'm very glad to see you're still representing the Northeast with pride!

Thanks Doc Smiley I'm really glad I'll be able to keep on working with you.

Ah. I missed that, or I was going off someone else's post.

Yeah, rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »

Congrats on your re-election, Sen. Bore! You can't be taken down, and it's clear there's no better fit than you to represent the Northeast.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:47 AM »

Extremely thrilled that you won!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies