Bore/Nix for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:07:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bore/Nix for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: Bore/Nix for President  (Read 28078 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »

If you were elected, in what ways do you think your administration's foreign policy would differ from the foreign policy of a theoretical Maxwell/Dallasfan administration?

Or a JCL/Devin administration
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:12 PM »

If you were elected, in what ways do you think your administration's foreign policy would differ from the foreign policy of a theoretical Maxwell/Dallasfan administration?

Or a JCL/Devin administration
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »

Question. If you and Bacon King were elected, and Bacon King could not serve for one reason or another,  would you commit to appointing another member of The People's Party in his place?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:53 AM »

Question. If you and Bacon King were elected, and Bacon King could not serve for one reason or another,  would you commit to appointing another member of The People's Party in his place?

If Bacon King could not, for whatever reason, serve then I can commit that I would, barring an extremely unlikely scenario like everyone but Potus (sorry Tongue) not wanting to be VP, replace him with a member of TPP.

The reason for this are twofold. Firstly I'm a great believer that the will of the voters be respected, and if I were to win, the voters wanted a member of TPP, so they should get one. Secondly I think it's really important that people see a potential bore administration as for all atlasians, regardless of party, and having diversity in partisan allegiance on the ticket reflects that.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »

Tonight our whole nation is united in concern for the injured guard, and worry about who are behind this horrible attack. Like all atlasians, myself and BK's thoughts are with the guard and his family at this difficult time.

It is too early to say who is behind this attack, and we must not jump to conclusions. We can and should increase security at all locations likely to be attacked, but Speaker Maxwell is right that we must discover who is behind this before making other changes.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of Atlasia

Tomorrow morning, when I wake up, voting in the presidential elections shall have begun. In short, we have reached the end of the campaign.

It's been one of the most exciting campaigns I've experienced, with lots of ups and downs for me, maxwell and JCL, but a man can only campaign for so long, and whatever this weekend's vote, I'm looking forward to a more peaceful next few months.

Over the last two months I've been interviewed by Barnes, engaged in a debate with potus and underwent a lively town hall (If there are any more questions though I'm still happy to answer them), all of which have been very valuable experiences, and, I hope, enabled our ticket to get its message across.

Why, then, should atlasians vote for bore/BK? We believe our ticket represents the values of atlasia better than our opponents. We are committed to alleviating poverty and oppression wherever we can. We are experienced, there are few offices which Bacon King has not been in, and I've been in the senate long enough to know how to get bills passed with a broad consensus. We are not partisans, both myself and BK have and are willing to go against the majority in our parties according to what is best for all of atlasia. And, perhaps most importantly, we are committed to treating everyone in the game with respect, and trying to turn atlasia into a more enjoyable and interesting game.

Thank you and Good night.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2015, 02:15:39 AM »

Biggest victory since June 2011!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2015, 03:48:44 AM »

Good going, comrades!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:37 AM »

Congratulations, Mr President-elect! I am extremely looking forward to your presidency!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »

Congrats Mr President Elect
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »

You mean October 2013... Wink

And yes, congrats Bore. Don't let us down!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »

Congrats on your massive victory Mr. President-Elect!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2015, 02:18:32 PM »

I should clarify: biggest first-round victory since June 2011! Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »

Congratulations!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2015, 02:56:10 PM »

People of Atlasia,

Firstly and most importantly, I'd like to thank each and every voter in the election. We are honoured and humbled by your support, and will do everything we can not to let you down.

I'd like to thank Maxwell and JCL for running issues based active campaigns, and I think I speak for everyone in atlas when I say that we hope they continue providing their considerable skills to the whole country.

I'd like to congratulate talley, hagrid, cranberry, windjammer and TNF, and look forward to working with them over the next few months, as well as the winners in regional elections. Commiserations to all who lost as well.

Over the next few weeks I plan on keeping you all up to date with details of the transition, and I am already looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Thank you.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

Congratulations!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »

As you know, I've been on your team since before this campaign began! I'm so happy that you've won the election, and I look forward to the journey ahead.

Congratulations!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »

Congratulations!!! You've been a great Senator and I hope you make a great President Smiley
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President! Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2015, 06:46:11 PM »

While a lengthier statement is being prepared by myself and my opponents in the recent election to show a united front, I'd like to make clear that terrorism and threats of violence are never acceptable, and I urge all atlasians to report anything they know about this group to the appropriate authorities. I endeavour to do anything I can to help stop this.

On a somewhat lighter note I'd like to say that applications are now open for spots in the cabinet, and no spots are definitive apart from SOFE. I do appreciate the great work that current members of the cabinet are doing and I encourage them to reapply, but, as the right are so fond of pointing out Tongue, competition is a good thing and the more open this process is the better. To apply just pm me.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are all shocked and appalled by the bombing in Topeka, and, like everyone else in atlasia, I'd like to extend my condolences to the friends and families of those murdered.

I'd also like to applaud the measures taken by President Lumine, and urge all citizens to remain calm and nonviolent. Senator Polnut is right that we must not let a few terrorists change our tolerant values.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »

Thank you everyone for your applications so far.

So everyone knows, I have decided on an RG, but the other positions of AG, SoEA and SoIA are still open for applications. All applications will be considered and I will get back to individual applicant over the course of the next week.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been a long, and at times difficult, 3 months.

We've suffered an internal rebellion and numerous difficulties in foreign policy, we've had a dull at large election, and, at times, a lack of activity on the AFE board.

Yet, in many other important ways, I'm proved of what we've done. We've fixed the minimum wage at a living amount, helped the oppressed abroad in Kurdistan and Nigeria and made banking easier for the elderly and those distant from the cities by allowing the Post Office to handle some aspects of it, among many other accomplishments.

I am proud to say that all of my cabinet members have done an exemplary job. As RG Griffin has done a spectacular job making our current rolls available to everyone to see, SoEA Superique and SoIA Barnes along with Blair his deputy have done an astonishing job helping me pursue this administration's goals both in public and in private. AG Al has been an incredible legal guide, bringing his insight to the senate floor on multiple occasions and will hopefully also soon introduce his reworking of atlasian law. Nix has been invaluable both in public and in private in advising me on a whole range of policy issues and Homely, as ever, has been an exceptional public servant.

We have also done a lot to improve the game. For the first time in nearly 2 years there is an up to date and clear version of the constitution on the wiki and, though I was saddened by the result, the debate over the ERA was a credit to Clyde and Oakvale, and produced one of the liveliest and best debates I have been a part of in my time in atlasia.

There is still much to do when it comes to building a fairer country and a better game. The recent poll by Earl shows that the vast majority of atlasians want some sort of reform of the electoral system, whether that will be the ERA, bicameralism or something else entirely is up for debate, but the current system is no longer fit for purpose.

I am looking forward to the campaign over the month to come and I hope that we can once again earn the trust of the atlasian people.

Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »

We've suffered an internal rebellion and numerous difficulties in foreign policy

Always happy to help.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies