Bore/Nix for President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bore/Nix for President (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Bore/Nix for President  (Read 28098 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: February 19, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
« edited: May 18, 2015, 08:39:30 AM by President bore »

Ladies (though this might be redundant) and Gentlemen of the Northeast I'll be running for northeast assembly for the special election for Senator Napoleon's seat. I'll be running because I believe I can provide an active voice for  northeastern principles, continuing what I started last session. Last session I was one of the more active members of the assembly, and I introduced two major game reform measures, a debate bill and a redrafting of the SOAP, if elected I hope to continue this reforming streak.

Feel free to ask any questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words and endorsements, it means a lot to me!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »

Thank you senator Napoleon and soon to be Vice president Griffin, I really appreciate it.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »

I vote in all the polls as well, but the poll results will only show the most active voters, and you've got the possiblity of non regional voters, so they're not completely reliable. I'm expecting a very close election.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:39:46 AM »

Explaining my vote on the speakership

I voted for Lt gov and rep Spenstar in the recent speakership election, and I thought my constituents might want an explanation. To me, both Spenstar and Snowball would be (equally) excellent speakers, and as neither has any more legislative experience than the other, and the speakership is a non partisan position (if it were partisan, I'd obviously support my labour colleague snowball), I wanted to balance out the votes to give either one a chance of winning. Were the votes 2-1 Spenstar I would have done the same thing. I wish both the candidates good luck for the remainder of the vote.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »

Go vote, people!!!!!!!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 12:32:36 PM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate sirnick on his comfortable win, he ran an active and interesting campaign and deserved it, and also congratulate kalwejt, 20RP12 and Matt for their performances- anyone of you would have made great assemblymen.

I'd also like to thank all my supporters, it was very pleasing to see some of my favourite atlasians like reps snowball and fezzy, governor scott and senator napoleon vote for me, as well as, of course, everyone else.

With regards to the future I plan to stay active in both the northeast and atlasia, and will be running for office at some point in the future, although I'm not sure when.

Thank you, Bore.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »

Ladies and gentleman, I have decided, after some consideration, to run for the at large senate seat vacated by Franzl. I'm running because atlasia deserves a real contest for senate, and, if elected, I'll work hard to be a voice of both the left, and all of atlasia.

As always, feel free to ask any questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words!

With regards to Nix's question, I've always been a supporter of gun control, and in my view almost any legislation that reduces access to firearms is good legislation. In a world were I was supreme dictator I would only allow possession of guns in certain professions (like farming), for everyone else the only access would be at regulated gun clubs were the weapons were kept at all times. However, I accept that the majority of the senate, and the atlasian people do not support my position, and I wouldn't, if elected try to force that position on them anyway. Overall, were I a senator, I'd support that amendment because it would be an improvement.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

Thank you, everyone for your votes and support throughout the campaign. Also, thank you and congratulations are due to Matt, who will make a worthy senator, and ran a great campaign.

I've decided now to run in the northeast assembly general election because I believe the current term has not been what the region deserves. If elected I will use my previous experience and aim to continue to be elected. My first priority would be amending the constitution to ensure that what happened this term with regard to spenstar and scott being unable to open the booth can not happen again.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

Thank you for your support everyone.

As always, feel free to ask a question.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 10:09:44 AM »

*Blows dust off thread*

Hello everyone, I'm Northeast Representative and Speaker Bore, and I'll be running for the regional senate seat vacated by Scott in the election this Friday.

I've long been committed to the Northeast, and have, in total, served 3 full terms, one partial term as an appointee before losing the special (coincidentally another election where me and matt faced off, along with kalwejt 20RP12 and now governor sirnick) a term starting this month, and a term as Scott's treasury secretary. I've also been lieutenant governor for one term and speaker this term and last.

In my time in the assembly I've been very active in debates, proposing lots of different amendments and legislation. For example I've passed a bill which encouraged medical research, and a bill to help the most vulnerable people in our society- the homeless. I've also radically adjusted the SOAP to make assembly debate easier,  encouraged regional debates and expanded the role of our cabinet.

Obviously, if elected to the senate I'd try and continue this record.

I look forward to what promises to be a short but exciting campaign against Matt, which I hope will be fought on the issues. May the best man win.

As always, I'm willing to take questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

Thank you everyone for all your endorsements- it really means a lot.

Also, remember to vote if you're a northeast citizen!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »

Thanks everyone for the support and congratulations- I couldn't have done it without you.

Also, thanks to Matt and Poirot for the civil and enjoyable, if short, race. I'm sure we'll meet again Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

Bumping this for the upcoming campaign. If anyone has any questions, fire away.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »

Thank you all for your support Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »

Firstly, thank you to rep butafly for your support and governor (king) sirnick for your tentative support- hopefully I can earn it Smiley

Secondly, for those of you who are in to this sort of thing, with thanks to Adam Griffin, I'd like to unveil the official Bore for Senate campaign banner:

Thirdly I'd like to welcome former Rep Poirot to the race- he's always been an active, informed and independent voice in the region, so whoever wins, the northeast will be well served.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that this office and my PM box are always open for questions.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »

It seems that the good people of the northeast have voted to re elect me to the senate, and I'd like to take a moment to say a few words.

Firstly, and above all I 'd like to thank everybody who voted for me, without you it would have been impossible for me to win (obviously). Hopefully I can repay your trust in me.

Secondly I'd like to thank Poirot and Goldwater for running in the election. Both of you ran hard and good campaigns, and I have no doubt that you will continue to do great things for the region.

Finally I'd like to thank the Labor party as a whole, for supporting me in the election, and in particular Nix and Adam Griffin for help in running the campaign.

I'd also like to congratulate TNF and Yankee on their re elections, welcome Tyrion (who I'm sure will be a great left wing voice) and Spiral to the senate, and commiserate especially with Talleyrand, who also ran an excellent campaign, as well as Rooney and Superique.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

Seeing as Atlasia is based on America, I thought I'd get into the spirit of things by announincg my re election campaign ridiculously early Tongue

As always feel free to ask any questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

Endorsed for another glorious term in the Senate, comrade.

Thanks Senator- good luck to you too!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »

Thank you, senators Talleyrand and Tyrion and King SirNick. I'm flattered to have the support of such great atlasians!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

Seeing as I've now got an opponent, I'd like to welcome Poirot to the race.

As always, feel free to ask questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 07:22:40 AM »

*Blows off dust*

Anyway, I've recently announced that I'm seeking another term as the Northeast's regional senator. As always, feel free to ask any questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:26 AM »

I'd just like to welcome Deus to the race, I'm looking forward to an active campaign, and possibly a debate at some point in the future?

Once again, you can count on my support. Smiley

Thank you, everyone, for your support.

And, as always, I'm happy to take any questions.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 05:28:54 AM »

I'd just like to welcome Deus to the race, I'm looking forward to an active campaign, and possibly a debate at some point in the future?
I like the idea of a debate. As I understand it, the election will be held on June 19-20, so maybe we should hold the debate sometime around June 1 (about half way through the campaign)?

That's fine with me Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies