Office of Midwest Governor Maxwell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:35:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Midwest Governor Maxwell
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Midwest Governor Maxwell  (Read 1873 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »
« edited: June 11, 2013, 06:32:47 PM by Governor Maxwell »

Fellow Midwesterns, please make yourself feel comfortable

As read in the constitution, the Wisard Ekstraordinær leads the way as being a spokesman for the region, pushing for free and fair elections, a transparent government, and pushes for progress in science and art. I will be pushing for proposals help build the economy through the arts and sciences, as our unemployment numbers, as I've seen them, need to be lowered drastically to keep competitive with the nation of Atlasia as a whole.

Any proposal I have for the Folk Represtant that I have, I will publish first in this office, in the name of transparent Government and I promise to keep up on elections that come through the Midwest as much as I can.

Any addition advice, ideas, or thoughts on what we can do to improve the Midwest during my tenure as the Wisard Extraordinær, please, let me know.

From, Your dearest Wisard-elect of the Most Serene Region of the Midwest,

Maxwell
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »

Grin Cheesy Grin *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin

Congratulations, Mr. Wisard Extraordinær!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:31:49 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2013, 10:00:18 PM by Wisard Ekstraordinær Maxwell »

I'll communicate more with the GM whenever I get a chance to in order to talk about what the Budget for the Midwest is (and whenever we get one), but right now I have a proposition on education which I think will promote higher level employment.

The Improve our Arts and Sciences Act

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hope a Folk Representanter takes me up on this idea.

Any questions? advice? criticisms? comments?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:53:27 PM »

I'm very excited to see all of this unfolding! No doubt the Midwest is on the verge of doing great things.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »

Good to already have projects.
I must say I have some difficulties with that one, the article 2, in fact.

I have knowledge of schools, in another country, which boosted the scores obtained by students (or even one blatent case of a director giving hints to students during exams), in order to be one of the schools being the best ranked in their area, to attract more students (and, so, more money).

Couldn't that happen with teachers wanting to be better paid?
And anyways, big big issue with the fact than wages should more or less follow inflation, in order to keep a constant buying power. Keeping constant marks would lead to a decreased buying power, given inflation.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »

Good to already have projects.
I must say I have some difficulties with that one, the article 2, in fact.

I have knowledge of schools, in another country, which boosted the scores obtained by students (or even one blatent case of a director giving hints to students during exams), in order to be one of the schools being the best ranked in their area, to attract more students (and, so, more money).

Couldn't that happen with teachers wanting to be better paid?
And anyways, big big issue with the fact than wages should more or less follow inflation, in order to keep a constant buying power. Keeping constant marks would lead to a decreased buying power, given inflation.

Well rule breaking is obviously a problem in a civilization of rules, and I will think ways to crack down on such behavior, but obviously something like that is difficult to monitor.

As for teacher pay, I will make an edit to make sure wages go up by inflation before the increase or decrease in terms of how they are preforming, thanks for noting that.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »

Small Announcement

Once we get a new GM, I am going to PM them to get the Midwest budget numbers so I can effectively re-write this bill in a way that makes it much more specific. Also, I will craft other bills and other proposals based on that in order to get rid of some of the actual waste in the budget. Obviously I'm not going to go on a cutting rampage, but I do want to stress that I don't want duplication in the budget, and I want to make the Midwestern Government as lean and mean and efficient as possible.

First on my list is military spending should we even be doing too much of any. The Midwest is a peaceful nation, as I understand it now, and we will not be making our way into other regions. Therefore I will cut to the point of our own obvious defense, whatever those numbers are specified to be.

The Midwest is a beautiful and serene place, but it also a place where some excesses have gone out of control, and part of that is charm, which I understand and will preserve, but some of it is, in my view, looks to be out of control, and some of the reason why we don't get new visitors (among other reasons, like inactivity).

Ladies and Gentleman, this is the beginning of a new era. *hugs* for everyone as we make way to an active and growing Midwest that I am happy to be a part of.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »

Emerging well from the sluggish transitional period to the new constitution, I see!

Keep up the good work. Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2013, 02:59:42 PM by Wisard Ekstraordinær Maxwell »

My last proposal included the removal of all loopholes in the Regional tax code. Now I have regional income tax rates...

Quote from: Restricted

I am also proposing a sales tax. Albeit a fairly low one, if I can get it passed the legislature, but currently I am trying to strike a balance between getting enough revenue so the Midwest can tinker with some fiscal issues and improve conditions, but also not trying to savage the poor people that live here thus...

Also, I'd like to add a Cigarette and Marijuana Tax, which would replace the sales tax...

Going through more calculations and more overall, our region produces nearly 100 B in Tax Revenue, so now it is time for the budget in full...

Slightly modeled after Governor Scott's budget Tongue.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »

Being as greedy as I am, folks, I always like more and more candidates for elections so that we have fun elections. However, I am pleased to announce we now have three candidates for Folk Represetant... just enough to fill three seats!

I think this is some cause for celebration, and I am pleased that there has been this interest. Another step in the right direction for the Midwest in terms of big change, and we are heading down a road of excellence.

My budget proposal is still not quite ready, I need to work on some numbers on healthcare and what I am going to be spending overall. I still need to come up with some other proposals, but I think the focus will be on getting our unemployment numbers lowered through better education, making the Midwest more attractive by preserving our land, and cutting our regional deficit.

Thanks,

• Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »

Speech! Speech!

With three days left in the Folk Representant  election and the frontrunners clear (all of the candidates, because 3 for 3, woo!). I congratulate Thomas D, Sewer, and ilikeverin on their wins, and I press them to bring their ideas to the table. That being said, its time for me to accomplish another part of my duties. I feel at some points I haven't been a big enough spokesman for the region of the Midwest, and thats the major role of Wisard beyond Hugger in Chief. Ilikeverin has done a good service of beginning an information services forum in the election forum, and I would like to continue some of those informational reforms and I will be going around Atlasia campaigning in a manner to push how the changing of the Midwest will benefit them.

I hope that these three new legislators are ready for the work ahead, and have some proposals ahead. I have pushed my reform of education and science from my first proposal and my budget for in the second proposal, and I will be pushing for some other proposals involving environmental preservation in the Midwest, as I am understanding of how important that is to our region and one of our initial and beautiful charms.

On the fiscal sense side of things, I will also be making a push for efficient ways to lower costs. As, ultimately, a fiscal conservative, I believe very much in a pragmatic way of doing things. However, I believe the Midwest should be pushing for ways to lower government spending, not to hurt the economy, but to make our region cost effective. I've read about certain reforms to toll booths that have interested me and I have also read some interesting things on the health care side that I may try to push for, but those things aren't for sure yet and I will keep everyone in the Midwest posted about my intentions on these issues.

It's the beginning of the long road, but I believe the Midwest is on the long road to being a very active region again.

Signed,

Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »

Good Afternoon Sir,

So when do I get sworn in?  I need to know so I can go do all the fun illegal stuff before I'm an "Elected Offical". Evil
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »

Good Afternoon Sir,

So when do I get sworn in?  I need to know so I can go do all the fun illegal stuff before I'm an "Elected Offical". Evil

The results are official, so now actually.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »

I'd be interested in seeing the possible spending reductions; hopefully the medium between a more efficient regional budget and avoiding overly harmful austerity.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »

I'd be interested in seeing the possible spending reductions; hopefully the medium between a more efficient regional budget and avoiding overly harmful austerity.

I'm glad, and I feel that's the way to go, as the Midwest economy right now is relatively slow compared to the rest of Atlasia (at least thats what I read in shua's last update as GM, assuming nothing has changed). We need to find a way to lower some aspects of spending without ultimately lowering GDP and bringing harm to the economy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2013, 05:15:08 PM by Wisard Ekstraordinær Maxwell »

Midwest Game Reform

The Regional Kommissær MaxQue and I have talked about concern over the way the constitution discusses the powers of our positions, and have come to the conclusion that both of our positions (other than my power to open election boards) feel very much more like figureheads. Therefore, we have been in discussions with the legislature over possible solutions, and we will be introducing a constitutional amendment as soon as the budget process wraps up, as it almost looks like it does. I applaud all of the Folk Representant showing up for the final budget vote, and I hope we can get more votes like that, and possibly more discussions that involved.

Also on the mission for the Midwest is reform of our election laws. Right now, we have it set up so that we can recall our Regional Kommissær and Wisard Ekstraordinær in a fairly easy fashion, which was a big step forward considering the regions many issues with electoral disappearance and inactivity. However, these laws now seem somewhat out of date due to the development of an elected legislative body. Therefore I am going to ask them to introduce a re-vamped version of the bill in which it includes Folk Representanter along with a stricter clause on inactivity. While it is strong, my belief is that it may not be strong enough, and we want an active legislative body.

We've done a lot of good work so far, and I hope after we get some game reform done, we can move onto more pressing issue of the people in the Most Serene Republic: Education, Jobs, preserving our beautiful landscape so that a next generation of Midwesterners can enjoy the most serene places of beauty in addition to being a part of an intelligent, well-developed, and economically sound community!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2013, 05:15:42 PM by Wisard Ekstraordinær Maxwell »

Fellow Midwesterners, we will be having our flags at half-mast for the week period.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »

Just wanted a cleaner map for you to use. Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

Just wanted a cleaner map for you to use. Tongue

Thanks! I will make sure the replace the rusty maps whenever I see them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:54 AM »

Midwest Regional Komissaer Special Election

While it isn't completely clear who is going to be the next group of five senators, things seem decently clear that my colleague in the Midwest MaxQue has made it to that top five. I congratulate him on the informative and thoughtful campaign he has run, and I wish him the best in the Senate. Now it is a test of the reforms we have set in stone in the Midwest: A special election. After our reform amendment goes through, our second Most Serene Representative election and Midwest Regional Komissaer election starts on 11:59 AM May 23rd and ends 11:59 on May 30th. Since that is the time period of a normal election, MaxQue's inaugeration, which is on May 3rd, requires a special election, which will be scheduled on May 10th-12th. I hope we can get a bunch of candidates (or at least one) to enter to the race so we can have an informative debate on the issues at hand.

This is another reminder to candidates running in the Most Serene Representative race (thanks Wyodon and ilikeverin for already announcing) to go ahead and announce a run now or as soon as possible. Having three candidates up and ready makes it easier both for me and for the Regional Komissaer.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2013, 05:32:21 PM by Wisard Ekstraordinær Maxwell »

Education Reform

Obviously, I am going to have to wait on our GM to see what an increase on our Gas and Diesel tax will do, but I am currently bringing forward a proposal that will increase Government revenue so that we can expand Math and Science programs in the Midwest. Too long, our education system has gone down the drain: our nation is lower than a lot of other nation's of the western world. I will not let that continue in this region. I am working on a proposal that will increase funding for math and science, starting with preparing children who are showing ability early on, and pushing college students with a special scholarship for high math and science scores, grades, and ambition.

Why math and science? Because I wish to develop a high skilled work force for the future. I don't want a workforce that has low unemployment only because its filled with a low skilled work force. The only way to do what I want to do is through education reform, and that's what I wish to do. I want the scientists of all regions, the mathematicians, the engineers, to look to the Midwest and say, "that's where I got my start, that's where I got my education."

One area that I will not have a proposal for but I wish to look into is expanding the private sector in terms of private schools. I do think charter schools are not perfect, but I also believe that a competitive market for education, with parents willing to send their kids to private schools to get a better education, is a must. Obviously, my views would try to limit help to religious schools, as I believe in a very strict separation of church and state, but I think Education is something that, while it is for everyone, we also must embrace some competition.

Here is the proposal in full:

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 06:37:49 PM »

Midwest June Sample Ballot
You have five days to vote for these offices! Vote 1 for your top prefence, and lower numbers until you run out. It's PR-STV, so your other preferences are also very important. If you edit within 20 minutes of voting, you're good. If not, I will not count your vote, so remeber that. Anyways, have fun.

Ballot for Governor
[ ] Maxwell (Fed-KS)
[ ] Write-In: ____________

Ballot for Archduke of the Althing
[ ] LumineVonReuental (UNDA-MT)
[ ] Write-In: ________________
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »

Governor, the Alþing just passed the following bill, and it needs your signature:

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »

In one of my easiest signings...

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »

Governor, the Alþing just passed a new Amendment:

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies