Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:00:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)  (Read 13259 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »

If you win, do you plan on running for reelection in the regularly scheduled election next month?
I mean I hope to, I think it would definitely be probable that I will, as I think if I win this then that means Atlasia wants me as Senator.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

How do you feel about vanilla cokes? I prefer those over cherry. It's a personal preference though.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:56 PM »

How do you feel about vanilla cokes? I prefer those over cherry. It's a personal preference though.
Vanilla is good too, I can definitely buy vanilla cokes, I just mentioned cherry because I have them in the mini fridge at the commerce office at the moment.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 12:17:41 AM »

Anyways, I endorse you absolutely Matt, we need more young pragmatists in the Senate!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »

young, supple boys is what i like. take that, marokai! how do you like me now?!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »

So Maxwell is dead? Is it time to endorse you? how much will you offer me for an endorsement?
As many cherry cokes and snickers candy bars as your heart desires Wink I don't how much money I can offer you, but I do hope I can have the blessing of the spirit of The People.
Vanilla is good too, I can definitely buy vanilla cokes, I just mentioned cherry because I have them in the mini fridge at the commerce office at the moment.
I actually love Cherry Coke.  Can my Snickers be with almonds?  I love those too!  But I haven't seen Vanilla Coke much over the past few years except in some drug stores. 
Anyways, I endorse you absolutely Matt, we need more young pragmatists in the Senate!
My feelings exactly.  I already endorsed you, so I guess I don't need to mention it again.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »

So Maxwell is dead? Is it time to endorse you? how much will you offer me for an endorsement?
As many cherry cokes and snickers candy bars as your heart desires Wink I don't how much money I can offer you, but I do hope I can have the blessing of the spirit of The People.
I actually love Cherry Coke.  Can my Snickers be with almonds?  I love those too!  But I haven't seen Vanilla Coke much over the past few years except in some drug stores. 
My feelings exactly.  I already endorsed you, so I guess I don't need to mention it again.

Yes the snickers can be with almonds. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »

Matt is exactly the kind of person I would like to take my seat. A new face that is motivated and will bring some energy back into the Atlasian Senate in a way old vererans such as myself were not able to do in recent times.

Endorsed for 1st preference Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »

Matt is exactly the kind of person I would like to take my seat. A new face that is motivated and will bring some energy back into the Atlasian Senate in a way old vererans such as myself were not able to do in recent times.

But he's a Pats fan Franzl! What do I do?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:56 AM »

But he's a Pats fan Franzl! What do I do?
Don't worry, if any legislation comes up that effects the NFL, I will not show any favorable treatment of the Patriots over the Jets. Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

Endorsed!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »

Endorsed, but hopefully that goes without saying. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »

I am jumping on the bandwagon given the large donationactivity I see from Matt. In a day where senators serving for a full term is a rarity, I am confident he will do so. Yes, it has come to this, Atlasia. Wink

Fully endorsed. Good luck, and if you need anything, let me know.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »

I hope you win!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2013, 11:38:47 AM »

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to ask me! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

How would you vote on the Nix Amendment to the Omnibus Gun Policy & Safety Act?

(Note: Sections 1-3 are existing law; Sections 4-6 are what the amendment would add.)
I could support most of it. But I would support striking clause 3 of section 4. I mean I think one AWPC should cover all legal firearm purchases. I would also support getting rid of section 5. I think legal gun owners, should be able to own their firearm without any additional costs from what there already is. Now I think optional liability insurance would be something worth promoting, but I think this also effects a lot of people who never even take their gun out of its case, there are many people that keep a firearm, such as a shotgun or pistol, in their home in case of burglary, who never even take it out of a case, who this would essentially be an additional tax on.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »

I could support most of it. But I would support striking clause 3 of section 4. I mean I think one AWPC should cover all legal firearm purchases.

What about with my amendment to make it three instead of one?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, Adam Lanza's mother kept the gun in the house in a case. No, I'm not calling you heartless, I'm just saying- the weapons in the home are no less of a threat than carried weapons. It's the weapons at home that the kids get to, not the ones papa carries around in his truck when he hunts.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

I could support most of it. But I would support striking clause 3 of section 4. I mean I think one AWPC should cover all legal firearm purchases.

What about with my amendment to make it three instead of one?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, Adam Lanza's mother kept the gun in the house in a case. No, I'm not calling you heartless, I'm just saying- the weapons in the home are no less of a threat than carried weapons. It's the weapons at home that the kids get to, not the ones papa carries around in his truck when he hunts.
1. That is definitely an improvement over the other version, and I could support it.

2. Listen, I'm not one who goes around wearing an I heart guns t-shirt. I realize guns are dangerous and, when in the wrong hands, cause injury and death. I think this legislation, has good intentions, and most of it is reasonable legislation. I think the part of this legislation that says keep firearms in a locked case is a good step for sure. I understand that doesn't always stop guns from getting into the wrong hands either, but I think mandatory liability insurance is just a tax for some. But of course I think the safer we make the streets of our country the better, and I think overall this is a good piece of legislation, but don't act like my assertion is unreasonable, another candidate also suggested striking section 5. And of course I think that Newtown is absolutely a reason to promote reasonable gun legislation, and better gun safety. And as I said above, optional gun liability insurance is something we should promote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »

I wasn't calling your suggestion unreasonable, I just wanted to clarify that guns get out even when they aren't intended to. Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2013, 02:33:17 PM by Northeast SoC Matt »

I wasn't calling your suggestion unreasonable, I just wanted to clarify that guns get out even when they aren't intended to. Tongue
Okay, well thanks for the question Senator, and I absolutely understand that guns get out into the wrong hands, anyone who doesn't believe so is part of the problem.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »

Endorsement get.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »

I would like to ask any Federalist who feels I would benefit the Senate, to vote for me in the Primary starting tomorrow. I want to again promise everyone that, however long my time in the Senate lasts, it will be productive time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »

I have a question:

What would be your first proposal? If you don't have one ready yet, what do you think the legislative goals for the little session before the full April Senate At-Large election?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »

I have a question:

What would be your first proposal? If you don't have one ready yet, what do you think the legislative goals for the little session before the full April Senate At-Large election?
As always education is a critical issue, and I think the Gaining Excellent Teachers Act (GET) is a step in the right direction, in terms of, rewarding good teachers, and encouraging the teachers who don't finish at the top, to try and improve. I think a prison reform bill would be something I would try to introduce. I want to make sure that all criminals have educated opportunites during their time in prison, I want people to understand that not all convicts are bad people, I would like light prison sentences for victimless criminals, and I would like our prisons to help make sure our non violent inmates are ready to meet the challenges of the outside world, and be ready to find employment when they are released.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »

You seem like a sound guy.

Endorsed.

Hopefully that helps rather than hinders your campaign. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6