Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:02:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Matt from VT for Northeast Assembly Campaign HQ (Special Election Friday)  (Read 13261 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »

Thanks you so much to all of my supporters! If any of you have questions, I still welcome them of course.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »

You seem like a reasonable guy, and even though I already told you this over PM, might as well formally announce my support for your campaign here. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »

We are still alive as of this morning folks! I just want to say that I hope Jerry runs for something at the Federal level soon, because he could definitely help Atlasia. Any questions or comments you have for me?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2013, 08:49:38 AM »

After much thought, I endorse you. This was a really hard decision, but I have ti make it at some point so here ya go.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »

Endorsed for the at large special Senate election.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »

Matt, what your position on the use of force against North Korea?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »

After serious contemplation, I endorse you in the upcoming Special Senate election. Best of luck! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2013, 08:36:58 PM »

Listen, I would hate to go to war with North Korea, because it would be a brutal war. I can't even imagine the horrors they would put Atlasian POW's through. However, I think we should very much consider a strike against them. Their leadership truly is composed of a bunch of deranged sociopaths who do not care one ounce about human life. If they threaten us then we cannot be weak, we must show them that we are not afraid to fight them, and that we very much are willing to use military force. If we strike fear into them, then we might be able to avoid war, and hopefully make them start taking steps towards treating the people of their country like actual human beings.

After serious contemplation, I endorse you in the upcoming Special Senate election. Best of luck! Smiley
Endorsed for the at large special Senate election.
After much thought, I endorse you. This was a really hard decision, but I have ti make it at some point so here ya go.
Thanks a bunch guys! I really appreciate it! Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

Listen, I would hate to go to war with North Korea, because it would be a brutal war. I can't even imagine the horrors they would put Atlasian POW's through. However, I think we should very much consider a strike against them. Their leadership truly is composed of a bunch of deranged sociopaths who do not care one ounce about human life. If they threaten us then we cannot be weak, we must show them that we are not afraid to fight them, and that we very much are willing to use military force. If we strike fear into them, then we might be able to avoid war, and hopefully make them start taking steps towards treating the people of their country like actual human beings.

This is the issue here. The North Koreans are not deranged sociopaths. Nor are the Iranians, nor the Syrians, nor most other dictatorial-flavor-of-the-weeks. They are very much concerned with human lives - namely, their own, and aren't these nutty extremists. They have a very strong instinct for self-preservation. Quite simply, they want to stay in power. They'll make blustery threats against us to try to raise their status in negotiations, sure, but they won't attack. That would result in them getting crushed, and thus them losing power.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 09:37:14 PM »

This is the issue here. The North Koreans are not deranged sociopaths. Nor are the Iranians, nor the Syrians, nor most other dictatorial-flavor-of-the-weeks. They are very much concerned with human lives - namely, their own, and aren't these nutty extremists. They have a very strong instinct for self-preservation. Quite simply, they want to stay in power. They'll make blustery threats against us to try to raise their status in negotiations, sure, but they won't attack. That would result in them getting crushed, and thus them losing power.

Indeed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »

North Korea has sunk a South Korean destroyer, shelled a South Korean island, attempted to assassinate a South Korean President.... and the Kims remain in power. What are they to assume?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:26 PM »

North Korea is different then the rest SJoyce. I don't think they pose much of a threat to Atlasia, but even if they don't I wouldn't put it past them. There are other terrible regimes I would put it past, but I truly believe there is high chance that Kim Jong Un believes his family are gods, that will help him defeat the United States of Atlasia. Just look what they've done to our Allies in South Korea, who they have attacked in the past, and have attempted other atrocities against. I'm not saying South Korea is the same power as us, but if North Korea does gain any more power, then all bets are off, because they certainly have the hatred of us to act on it, and with the help of their "gods" there is a chance they believe they could actually win.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »

*bump*

Alright, we are less than 3.5 hours away from the polls opening, so any questions, please ask.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »

While I don't have a question right now, I just wanted to say that regardless of the results of this special election, you will have a great future in Atlasian politics. It's rare to see someone of your enthusiasm (combined with competence, of course!) in this country. I wish you the best of luck in tomorrow's election and your political career as a whole. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »

Go, Matt!

I encourage every one to go out and vote for this rising star...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »

Congrats on your win. Don't disappoint us. Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »

Thank you very much to everyone who has voted for me, if you haven't voted yet go vote!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »

(Duke, I refer to your reply #57 of Mar 29/13, which I do not wish to quote here)

VP Duke, as Atlasia's first openly gay Vice President, do you plan on pursuing your radical gay agenda while in office?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2013, 12:09:41 AM »

*bump*

Thank you so much to everyone who supported me! Cheesy Victory speech to come soon and than it is on to the Senate!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »

Congratulations my friend! Cheesy
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2013, 05:48:13 AM »

Congratulations. I'm pleased to be able to work with you.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »

Congratulations. I'm pleased to be able to work with you.
Thanks Senators!! Smiley

Friends, we must come to realize that there is nothing that can stop the progress of a nation, when people of all party affiliations, classes, races, come together and decide, we must do this. If Atlasia collectively decides to work together, then amazing accomplishments towards a better nation and better world will happen. We must treat our friends with the same kindness we always have. Nations, who seem to always have our back no matter what. We also must deal with those who oppress people who would otherwise be able to make great contributions to this world, we must boldly stand up for democracy, and not be afraid, for we realize the cause of freedom is one worth fighting for. We cannot rest yet, for we have work to do! As Atlasia's highest legislative body, the Senate must always be willing to work together, because if we do, it will be hard to stop this nation, from accomplishing awesome things!

Thank You,

Senator Matt
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »

(Duke, I refer to your reply #57 of Mar 29/13, which I do not wish to quote here)

VP Duke, as Atlasia's first openly gay Vice President, do you plan on pursuing your radical gay agenda while in office?

Thank you for your question, Winfield.

I have not come out as an openly gay man, which assumes I have a long list of lovers. Fact is, I only show love for a few men in this game. I would like to point out that sthis is nothing new. AndrewCT and I ran on that very platform as partners a few elections ago, and Marokai and I have simply continued that while in office, by sharing a bed, by sharing a bathroom, and by sharing ideas and meals together. I do not see this behavior as radical. In fact, I find it admirable that we are able to do such things. It takes courage, commitment, and strong will.  

So in short, no, I will not be pursuing a radical agenda while in office, as I am not radical, but I will fight to make sure we are all free to love whoever we want to love. Policies like these merely make Atlasia a better place for all men, women and children.

Thank you again for your question. You are truly a man of The People.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »

Congrats!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96