MA: Confirmation of Clinton1996 for Lieutenant Governor (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:37:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Confirmation of Clinton1996 for Lieutenant Governor (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Confirmation of Clinton1996 for Lieutenant Governor (Passed)  (Read 1614 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
« edited: March 02, 2013, 12:00:32 AM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

Pending the current case, we might as well get this started.  Are there any questions for the nominee?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »

Once again I would like to reiterate that the Governor made a fine choice in selecting Clinton1996 to be the Lieutenant Governor. I have two questions:

1. What do you see as your role as Lieutenant Governor?
2. Is there any responsibilities or duties that you wish the Lieutenant Governor position had?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »

First of all, I thank you for the opportunity to stand before you all today. I have great respect for all of you, no matter the ideology.
1. To answer your first question, I believe the role of the Lt. Governor is to provide support for the Governor and their administration. I am to step into his role if incapacitated and to provide counsel and ideas as to Court and Senate Nominees. I believe he also can provide amendments to the Constitution and bills to the assembly.
2. I don't believe he position deserves anymore power. In fact, it might have too much with regards to appointments and be like.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »

A question that must be asked in every confirmation hearing Wink: What, in your view, qualifies you for the job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »

Concerning your answer to #2, do you have any plans to introduce amendments to change the office you desire to hold?  If so, what are they?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »

To Assemblyman ZuWo, I had been a silent participant in Mideastern affairs since my joining in July 2012. I decided to dip my toes into a political career in January, but as you can all see from my standing here before you, lost. But that run opened my eyes to what goes on among our leaders and the process. It also furthered my want to be a part of it and do some good for the region. There are many more people more qualified than I for the job, as there will always be, but none of them possess the drive and determination to actually DO it, as I do.

And to answer your followed Mr. Speaker, I do not currently plan on modifying the office. But am open to tweaking the power I wield in making joint appointments.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

I am very happy with my decision to ask Clinton1996 to join my administration. If anyone has any questions for me regarding my decision, I would be more than happy to answer.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

What makes you the person to reach across the aisle to all Mideasterners, from progressive Laborites to conservative Federalists, as Governor Tmthforu94 has?

How will you work to help update our regional Wiki? (This question is for both the Governor and Lieutenant Governor-designate)

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »

How will you work to help update our regional Wiki? (This question is for both the Governor and Lieutenant Governor-designate)
Our regional Wiki is actually in pretty good shape. I know I need to go through and do a statue update before long - I know a couple bills have been signed that aren't in there yet. There are also a couple housekeeping items, such as adding new member pages. Once Dave gives Clinton96 Wiki access, I plan on running him through a tutorial on how to use the Wiki, and then the two of us will likely have our own set of responsibilities for the Wiki, rather than it just be a free-for-all.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »

What makes you the person to reach across the aisle to all Mideasterners, from progressive Laborites to conservative Federalists, as Governor Tmthforu94 has?
I've always been one to avoid extremes, both in my ideological views and my causes. Mideasterners gain nothing from proposing legislation that no one can agree on. I've always been for common-sense and bipartisan solutions. I ran my campaign on it and will promote it in office.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:14 AM »

How will you and Governor Tmth make decisions on regional appointments?  In other words, what criteria would you use to determine who is nominated for a position?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »

How will you and Governor Tmth make decisions on regional appointments?  In other words, what criteria would you use to determine who is nominated for a position?
Activity for one. How long has the appointee been active in the game and attentive to what's going on. Personality, also. Can they get along with people and us. And ideology to a lesser extent.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »

And how long should someone be around before they'd be eligible for an appointment from you?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 02:01:03 AM »

And how long should someone be around before they'd be eligible for an appointment from you?
For me, I'd say at least voting for 2-3 months.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:24 AM »

First of all, I thank you for the opportunity to stand before you all today. I have great respect for all of you, no matter the ideology.
1. To answer your first question, I believe the role of the Lt. Governor is to provide support for the Governor and their administration. I am to step into his role if incapacitated and to provide counsel and ideas as to Court and Senate Nominees. I believe he also can provide amendments to the Constitution and bills to the assembly.
2. I don't believe he position deserves anymore power. In fact, it might have too much with regards to appointments and be like.

What would be your opinion on giving the Lt. Governor responsibilities that a state's Attorney General or Secretary of State would have? 
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 06:14:16 AM »

What would be your opinion on giving the Lt. Governor responsibilities that a state's Attorney General or Secretary of State would have? 
It depends on the powers. Could you provide examples?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 02:07:49 AM »

I think that would be pretty interesting!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

It's been 3 days with no debate...it's time to bring this to a final vote.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »

Well, I wanted to give Gass an opportunity to respond, but since he hasn't, we'll bring this to a final vote.

Members will vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.  This will be a 48-hour vote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »

AYE
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:10 AM »

Aye
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »

AYE
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »

Aye
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »

AYE

Sorry for not responding on the AG question. I'll post something here later tonight.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »

Voting is now closed.  The AYEs are 5, and the NAYs are 0.  The AYEs have it, and Clinton1996 has been confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies