Why do you vote against Labor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:43:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Why do you vote against Labor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do you vote against Labor?  (Read 2524 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »

That reminds me, how is President-elect Cathcon's preparations going for next week? Tongue

As for the Senate seat, you guys face a problem similar to what the right faces in the same contests, though nowhere near as severe. That is why most probably expected Fezzy to win, but it was Nappy who position himself closer to the center then Griff and was able to cobble together a winning coalition together from a diverse range of parties. I mean you could go all Tony Blair and stuff and possibly avoid this in the future, but you have to decided whether that is what the purpose of Labor is or not.

I'm with NC Yankee on that one. We obviously just got a President elected, that's not so bad. Plus I don't think our goal is to get a Labor majority in the Senate : this would mean we diluted our ideology so much so that we would be mainstream enough to please everybody. Well I say happily we do not please everybody, cause we have principles and fight for them.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

I, for one, would not be placing Lib and TPP thus on the political spectrum. Whereas the Liberal Party is a real and full-scaled party of the centre-left in real life, it is at the centre of Atlasia poltics, and TPP is an odd-like party with many different believing officials. To be honest there was a short time when I contemplated entering TPP and getting most of Labour to join me, because I believed TPP was to be the main left-wing party there was... Granted, it's not what it came out to be, but I cannot get around the fact that broadly speaking I feel closer to TPP than Liberal in matters of policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies