Alcohol Deaths Outnumber Firearm Murders, So Should We Bring Back Prohibition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Alcohol Deaths Outnumber Firearm Murders, So Should We Bring Back Prohibition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alcohol Deaths Outnumber Firearm Murders, So Should We Bring Back Prohibition?  (Read 4239 times)
Link
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »

Alcohol Deaths Outnumber Firearm Murders, So Should We Bring Back Prohibition?

Banning alcohol will not reduce the number of fire arm deaths.  Neither will banning movies, hip hop, or anything else other than guns.
Link
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »

Alcohol Deaths Outnumber Firearm Murders, So Should We Bring Back Prohibition?

Banning alcohol will not reduce the number of fire arm deaths.  Neither will banning movies, hip hop, or anything else other than guns.

Banning alcohol did not reduce the use of alcohol, so what are you trying to get at?

That's a lie.  Banning alcohol did reduce the use of alcohol.  What I'm trying to get at is you don't have any idea what you are talking about.  Actually I'm not trying.  I just proved it.

BTW, are you in favor of disarming the American people in the same way that the Soviets disarmed the Russian people?

I'm in favor of disarming citizens in the same way Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany, and any number of other pleasant civilized countries disarmed their citizenry.  If you want to implement Soviet policies that is your choice.  But that doesn't mean we are going to support you.
Link
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »

Politico from your own cherrypicked article...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

FYI law enforcement has made several advances since the 1930s.  Also it is a lot easier to ferment alcohol than it is to make a relatively safe (for the operator) gun that is as lethal as an assault style rifle.  Actually there are many examples in nature where fruit spontaneously produces ethanol without human intervention.  Fermentation is a natural process.  Guns don't grow on trees.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies