Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:01:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
Italian BMT

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki

Turkey Breast

Tuna

Turkey & Black Forest Ham

Buffalo Chicken

Hell no!  They got no fries at Subway.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long  (Read 13931 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »

Five

Five dollar

Five dollar footlong
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

They actually have Subways in Thailand, but I wouldn't eat in such a place even in the USA.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »

Turkey breast, if any, but I prefer other sub places if I have to get a sub.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »

Aw Italian BMT and Tuna are only $5 this month?? It's too bad the closest Subway is like 20 minutes away these days Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »

They actually have Subways in Thailand, but I wouldn't eat in such a place even in the USA.

I don't blame you.  The food station at the one up the street from my house looks like a bomb went off in it half the time.  Ick.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »

Buffalo
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

I don't see the appeal of Subway. I can make myself a sandwich for far cheaper than $5. Doesn't even involve any cooking. Just bread, meat, whatever. It takes 30 seconds to take the ingredients out of the fridge and assemble.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »

Subway sucks
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »

I don't blame you.  The food station at the one up the street from my house looks like a bomb went off in it half the time.  Ick.

The quality of the bread and meat seemed abysmal to me.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »

If I'm going to get a sub I'd rather go to Firehouse Subs.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »

Aw Italian BMT and Tuna are only $5 this month?? It's too bad the closest Subway is like 20 minutes away these days Sad

Ten in my ZIP code.  Count 'em, ten.  One is only about an 800-meter walk from my crib.

For the uninitiated, here's some info:  http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/default.aspx

I usually get the Tuna.  I have them put copious amounts of mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.  They don't like to do it since they have this conveyor-belt system set up and the mayonnaise is at the end.  They're a bit like the Soup Nazi in that regard, but I always make 'em put the mayonnaise on the bread.  Then I have them throw down the tuna and then put provolone cheese on top of that.  Then I have them put peperoncinos, pickles, olives, tomato, purple onion, jalapeņos, a few more jalapeņos, okay can I get a few more jalapeņos.  Now, can you dribble some mustard, oil, and vinegar over the top and a little hot sauce?  Thanks.  Do you want that toasted?  Hell, no.  Would you like to make it a meal?  No, just the sandwich, thankyou.

My son likes the chicken teriyaki, and he likes his toasted.  Also, he has an aversion to cheese.  I'd say we eat at Subway more than all the other fast food restaurants combined.  Not that we eat fast food often, maybe once a month, but in any given year that probably amounts to six times at subway and six times at all the Burger Kings, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, etc., combined.  

I'm considering having a subway footlong tonight.  I don't want FebruANY to pass by without my ordering at least one Five Dollar Footlong.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »

Options 2, 5 and 6
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

I do really miss a proper sandwich - obviously there are no good sandwiches in Thailand.  But Subway is not good.

Over here I do get the very rare sandwich fix in Laos and Cambodia:

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »

No meat pls

Anyway, I don't mind Subway actually.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »

jesus christ
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »

I enjoy Subway.  I like it better than, say, Quiznos.  Of the list above, I generally get Turkey and Black Forest Ham.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »

Italian BMT all the way with spinach, onions and black olives with a little mayonase. However nobody there knows what the phrase "a little mayo" is so you have to watch them pretty close. I want one very small line of mayo, not to just squeeze half the bottle going back and forth about 5 times. God forbid if I asked them for a lot of mayo, would they dip the whole sandwhich in a vat of it or something?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

I enjoy Subway.  I like it better than, say, Quiznos.  Of the list above, I generally get Turkey and Black Forest Ham.

I don't care for quiznos either.  

Can't comment on the pig's ear and pig liver sandwich since I haven't yet had one.  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »

You seriously suck, opebo......now I'm hungry!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »

It scares me how long the tuna has been sitting there in improper temperatures.  But with the sh**t you put on it, it's likely all the ick is offset. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »

Since I don't order any of their "regular" subs, my hunch is that they take the base cost of five dollars, add the total cost of the sub ingredients itself, and that's how I end up with a sub that's $7.42. My picky eating habits should be helping me save money, not lose it. Tongue
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

I do really miss a proper sandwich - obviously there are no good sandwiches in Thailand.  But Subway is not good.

Over here I do get the very rare sandwich fix in Laos and Cambodia:

You can get the Bahn Mi in the Bad Place. I get them from time to time here in Memphis, so certainly they're available in any city.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 03:55:12 PM »

It scares me how long the tuna has been sitting there in improper temperatures.  But with the sh**t you put on it, it's likely all the ick is offset. Tongue

Indeed
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

hahaha.  I do like tuna.  I like the smell of it.  I like the taste of it.  I like it sauteed in butter.  I like it fried in oil.  I like big steaks of tuna on the barbeque, and I like it from a can.  I have it on sandwiches or in pasta, or even raw and wrapped in rice and seaweed and doused with sweet vinegar and sesame seeds.  I even drink the fluids when I open the can, rather than waste it by pouring it down the sink the way some folks do.  You can't really go wrong with tuna.  Anyway, I always wash my dinner down with enough ethanol to prevent any opportunistic single-celled organisms from presenting a problem. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:23 PM »

hahaha.  I do like tuna.  I like the smell of it.  I like the taste of it.  I like it sauteed in butter.  I like it fried in oil.  I like big steaks of tuna on the barbeque, and I like it from a can.  I have it on sandwiches or in pasta, or even raw and wrapped in rice and seaweed and doused with sweet vinegar and sesame seeds.  I even drink the fluids when I open the can, rather than waste it by pouring it down the sink the way some folks do.  You can't really go wrong with tuna.  Anyway, I always wash my dinner down with enough ethanol to prevent any opportunistic single-celled organisms from presenting a problem. 

Do what?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies