Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
Italian BMT

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki

Turkey Breast

Tuna

Turkey & Black Forest Ham

Buffalo Chicken

Hell no!  They got no fries at Subway.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long  (Read 13937 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »

Voted tuna which is good, but I prefer the meatball marinara over the others.

That's six for the meatball.  Seven if I count tmth.  Either way, it beats out the explicit choices.  Maybe I'll have to get me one of those next tim.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »

Does Subway have mozzarella cheese? Because a meatball sub doesn't really work without melted mozzarella on top.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »

Mozzarella, Provolone, Swiss, and a few others.  I usually get provolone on my footlong tuna sandwich.  I prefer mozzarella on the sandwiches I make at home.  I find mozzarella to be the most accessible of the cheeses, don't you?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

More accesible than cheddar? My go-to sandwich cheese would be a nice sharp cheddar (which unfortunately Subway definitely does not have).
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

They don't have pineapple at the subways in Canberra Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »

Chicken and bacon ranch melt all day, e'ry day.
^^^My favorite.

Today I had the Subway melt, though I was upset that my bread was dry and it wasn't fully toasted. I get a free cookie at least.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »

More accesible than cheddar? My go-to sandwich cheese would be a nice sharp cheddar (which unfortunately Subway definitely does not have).

I guess for me mozzarella is the go-to cheese.  I buy a big block (~8 ounce) of it about every other week.   Once in a while, I'll get a wild hair and buy camembert, or cheddar, or munster, or brie, or swiss, or chavrie, or even crumbly white low-moisture queso fresco, if I'm buying it for a particular application, but in general mozzarella is what I keep at home for sundry purposes, including roast beef sandwiches, ham sandwiches, etc.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »

I tried the meatball marinara sandwich tonight.  Italian bread, 12-inch, with grated mozarella, oregano, and a bunch of other stuff.  Not bad.  I still like the tuna sandwich better.  The meatball sub was okay, but the actual meat had that dogfood flavor, and I've never been a huge fan of dogfood-flavored meatballs, although I can respect the appeal.  Also, there were too many textural inhomogeneities for me.  In some bites I'd get a mouthful of ball, sometimes two, and sometimes none at all, just purple onion and bread and cheese.  I think that's one of the major advantages of tuna.  It gets all spread out so you get some in every bite.  It's like that cereal that promises two scoops of raisins in every box.  Also, tuna just tastes and smells like tuna, and if you leave it out under the heat lamps long enough, it tastes and smells even more like tuna with every passing minute.  Not many flavors you can say that about. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »

I had banh mi today.  This Vietnamese guy came by my office with one and said his sister was selling them to raise money for her church and he got me one.  The hoagie was long, about 12 inches with good bread, and it had the various constituent meats.  On the side there were two little bags, one with sliced fresh jalapeņo, some fresh cilantro, and what he called a "pickle" but which was actually unpickled cucumber.  The other bag contained what he called "relish" which was long slivers of pickled orange root and pickled white root.  I think the orange one was carrot.  He instructed me to heat the sandwich in my toaster oven for a few minutes, then put the relish and other stuff inside after it was cooked.  I did that and ate it.  Mmmmm.  Delicious.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Glad you liked it, angus.  What was a Vietnamese guy doing in your office?
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

Italian BMT all the way, although they don't have the Buffalo Chicken sub over my way. To those who've had that sub, what's it like?

Speaking of the BMT, here's a flashback from 1990:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C1pGHEdTYE
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »

I would post a link to Jim Gaffigan's routine about Subway, but I can't find it anywhere on YouTube.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2013, 06:40:20 AM »

Subway Melt is my favorite.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »

Tired of cooking--and tired of roasted duck, since we have eaten two in as many days--so we went to Subway tonight.  It was an early dinner and a good one.  I had the foot-long tuna like I always do.  My son had the meatball marinara.  He seems to really like it.  Given all the responses for that one, I regret not having included on the poll originally. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »

Ah Subway, the only place where American Cheese and Bologna (Baloney) are actually not embarrassing to order when eating out.

But three days would drive me insane of that stuff. Tongue

So good as it is in a pinch against most chain fast food, I'm going with Option 6...because I need me some fries if I'm gonna do this thang for a month.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2014, 05:43:31 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 05:51:35 AM by Ebowed »

I usually get the Tuna.  I have them put copious amounts of mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.

I know this post is old, but I think it's worth pointing out that there is an ungodly amount of mayo already pre-mixed into the tuna before it is put in the display.  Not that this is why the employees are reluctant to double sauce it (your suspicion is correct).

Anyway, I stopped eating Subway long before I stopped working there, some time in 2007.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies