Franklin D. Roosevelt/John F. Kennedy vs. Abraham Lincoln/Ronald Reagan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:03:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Franklin D. Roosevelt/John F. Kennedy vs. Abraham Lincoln/Ronald Reagan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Hmmm?
Lincoln/Lincoln

Lincoln/Roosevelt

Roosevelt/Lincoln

Roosevelt/Roosevelt

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Franklin D. Roosevelt/John F. Kennedy vs. Abraham Lincoln/Ronald Reagan  (Read 5882 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

Inspired by Obamanation's thread.

When I worked as an Elections Inspector, the major parties had two presidents each sort of "representing" them on the ballot in the primary elections (or in the GE, which is where I worked, on the straight-party options). For the Democrats, they had good ol' FDR and of course youthful poster boy JFK. For the GOP, they had modern icon Reagan and early-day icon Lincoln. So why not match them up? Maps of course would be great. Also, how do Lincoln and Reagan sync their vastly different time periods and views, and does the double-dose of Illinois carry the state for the Grand Old Party?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »

My guess...
The Democrats face a distinct disadvantage due to the fact that their ticket is not broad, geographically. As well, unlike a Lincoln/Reagan ticket, they lack the appeal to as broad a swath of the population. The Republicans on the other hand already have practically every Republican in the bag, plus a variety of other characters drawn to Lincoln. Libertarians commit suicide or write someone in, possibly Grover Cleveland or Thomas Jefferson. I think this map is actually being merciful to the Democrat, though I may have overestimated Republican strength in the West (due to Lincoln's modern-day celebrity combined with Reagan's homestate). The debate of course draws up the positive and negative aspects of all four guys' presidencies, including marital infidelity, deficits, breaches of constitutionality, scandal, and all the rest. Despite the admiration that a large part of the population had for these four men at the beginning of the race, it ends on quite a negative note.

Abraham Lincoln (R-IL)/Ronald Reagan (R-CA) 279 electoral votes
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D-NY)/John F. Kennedy (D-MA) 259 electoral votes
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »

My guess...
The Democrats face a distinct disadvantage due to the fact that their ticket is not broad, geographically. As well, unlike a Lincoln/Reagan ticket, they lack the appeal to as broad a swath of the population. The Republicans on the other hand already have practically every Republican in the bag, plus a variety of other characters drawn to Lincoln. Libertarians commit suicide or write someone in, possibly Grover Cleveland or Thomas Jefferson. I think this map is actually being merciful to the Democrat, though I may have overestimated Republican strength in the West (due to Lincoln's modern-day celebrity combined with Reagan's homestate). The debate of course draws up the positive and negative aspects of all four guys' presidencies, including marital infidelity, deficits, breaches of constitutionality, scandal, and all the rest. Despite the admiration that a large part of the population had for these four men at the beginning of the race, it ends on quite a negative note.

Abraham Lincoln (R-IL)/Ronald Reagan (R-CA) 279 electoral votes
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D-NY)/John F. Kennedy (D-MA) 259 electoral votes

Hmm.... Flip Wisconsin, Oregon and California and that would be my guess....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies