The electoral map in 10 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The electoral map in 10 years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The electoral map in 10 years  (Read 17329 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »

In a pure toss-up, the election goes like this:

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »

Maybe something like this:

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2015, 12:07:20 AM »

So, New England trends Republican (lol, not happening), Colorado and Wisconsin become Lean Republican (why?), Louisiana, Mississippi, and half the South somehow become more competitive for Democrats (after trending hardcore away from them for some time) and New Jersey shifts to tilt Democrat?

How is any of this plausible?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:57 AM »

Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »

Why would Indiana go dem while Minnesota and Iowa go republican?

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »

Why would Indiana go dem while Minnesota and Iowa go republican?
Joe Donnelly and whoever wins this year's gubernatorial election will probably be pretty much guaranteed future presidential or vice presidential material and could make Indiana tilt D. Minnesota and Iowa are rapidly trending R.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »

Joe Donnelly and whoever wins this year's gubernatorial election will probably be pretty much guaranteed future presidential or vice presidential material and could make Indiana tilt D. Minnesota and Iowa are rapidly trending R.

lol no they aren't
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »

lol no they aren't
I suppose there's a vague possibility that Donnelly could be a VP pick sometime in the future, but Gregg is not going to run for national office, period. He's too old and his record is too conservative to resonate with the national party.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2015, 10:21:40 PM »

Isn't Donnelly pro-life? No way in hell would he be allowed on a national ticket.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:29 AM »

Isn't Donnelly pro-life? No way in hell would he be allowed on a national ticket.

Yes. He's also pro gun.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »

Really?

I could imagine a Deval Patrick/Joe Donnelly ticket.
bobloblaw
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »

in that map, FL being a tossup would be terrifying for the GOP, because they literally couldn't reach 270 without Florida if NC and AZ go tossup.

The GOP already can't reach 270.

If a Dem runs for reelection in a recession the GOP can do much better than 270.

10 years from now the Dems will be well on their way to being an anti-semitic anti-white hate party. The GOP will be getting close to 70% of the white vote. That means PA, NH, WI, MI will be up for grabs
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2015, 11:11:04 PM »

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2015, 10:02:59 AM by Mr. Illini »

Gotta love the legions predicting that Wisconsin and Iowa are going to be R trends despite the evidence. Minnesota is likely to trend R while the opposite will be seen in Wisconsin. This is because a greater percentage of MN's population exists along the shores of Superior, a historically D area that is clearly going R.

PA and MN show much more evidence of a shift toward the GOP than OH and WI, do it is plausible that within 10 years each will surpass in swing state status (as seen on map below).

Same goes with NH and ME. Legions predicting that they will trend R over the next decade despite opposite evidence.

As for a "more libertarian GOP," new social issues are always on the horizon. They do not go away.

I think that in 10 years, we will be looking at something like this:

90% = safe
50% = likely
30% = lean
gray = toss up

And without shading to make it cleaner to read:

Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »

Why do you think IA will be more R than PA?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

Addressed to whom?
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »

The Midwest will trend republican while the upper south and parts of mountain west and south west will trend democratic. North East republicans could make a comeback if they go to th center, like in NH and Maine
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »

The Midwest will trend republican while the upper south and parts of mountain west and south west will trend democratic. North East republicans could make a comeback if they go to th center, like in NH and Maine

They already do decent on the state level. They're not making a nation wide comeback in 10 years.

Because, contrary to popular belief, there's a point where they're not going to have anymore to gain with declining Western PA. And the same party making massive gains in the West certainly isn't going to start majorly appealing to suburbanites in the East.

in that map, FL being a tossup would be terrifying for the GOP, because they literally couldn't reach 270 without Florida if NC and AZ go tossup.

The GOP already can't reach 270.

If a Dem runs for reelection in a recession the GOP can do much better than 270.

10 years from now the Dems will be well on their way to being an anti-semitic anti-white hate party. The GOP will be getting close to 70% of the white vote. That means PA, NH, WI, MI will be up for grabs

lol bobloblaw thinks whites are going to vote 70% any time ever.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

Sorry, addressed toward you, but I messed up the wording.  I meant "Why do you think Iowa will be more D than PA?"

NYM, see my correction.  I do not think PA will vote to the right of Iowa.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

Sorry, addressed toward you, but I messed up the wording.  I meant "Why do you think Iowa will be more D than PA?"

NYM, see my correction.  I do not think PA will vote to the right of Iowa.

Ah, my mistake then. Nevermind the first part of my post.

The part addressed to Bobloblaw of course still stands.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2015, 06:05:55 AM »

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »

2026 Cook PVI Ratings:

Hispanic turnout causes Arizona to become a Tossup while Nevada becomes Likely/Safe DEM. The decline of unions and the GOP march towards protectionism and economic nationalism causes the Rust Belt to go more GOP; Iowa and Ohio are at least Lean GOP while Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota are Tossups. The urban face of the Democrats keeps the Pacific and the Northeast firmly Democratic and the rural and exburban face of the Republicans keeps the Southeast and inland firmly GOP. Colorado, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Virginia remain swing states due to the new dynamics. States like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan are soon to become more GOP loyalist while the Dems are sliding Arizona more permanently into their camp. Texas is only Safe GOP by a hair, and Mississippi will become a Tossup should its now majority black population become more active in voting.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2015, 01:56:54 AM »

Revised

With the hisp vote trending more and more Dem and the increased immigration (assuming trump hasn't been elected)  states like AZ,TX, become tossups but still may break republican by slim margin.   MO is a state that Hillary would have won in 08 and its becoming more of a tossup . I could see states like IA and WI trending more red as unions become more and more marginalized .

As for GA I live here so i have 1st hand knowledge.  The Atlanta suburbs are trending more libreal with the right candidate and ground game the Dems could win this state much of the same way that Obama won NC in 08.   By 2020 this is a toss -up state   although they dem would have to run up huge margins in the metro.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2015, 07:39:05 AM »

Revised

With the hisp vote trending more and more Dem and the increased immigration (assuming trump hasn't been elected)  states like AZ,TX, become tossups but still may break republican by slim margin.   MO is a state that Hillary would have won in 08 and its becoming more of a tossup . I could see states like IA and WI trending more red as unions become more and more marginalized .

As for GA I live here so i have 1st hand knowledge.  The Atlanta suburbs are trending more libreal with the right candidate and ground game the Dems could win this state much of the same way that Obama won NC in 08.   By 2020 this is a toss -up state   although they dem would have to run up huge margins in the metro.

Think this is a scenario for 2025 and beyond. However, this map is a nightmare for the GOP.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2015, 03:47:32 PM by 5280 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies