A Speech from Angola
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Speech from Angola
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Speech from Angola  (Read 562 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2005, 08:24:59 PM »

Angola, LA
  I stand here today at the gates of what is the best known prison complex of the Southeast, Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola.
  I’m here today to talk about what will form a centerpiece of my third term, provided that the good citizens of the Southeast Region see fit to grant me one this weekend, and that is the establishment of Southeast Criminal Code.  While I disagree with the abolition of the death penalty embodied in the Death Penalty and Rehabilitation Initiative and therefore urge the voters to defeat it this weekend, I take it as a sign that reform and regulariation of the criminal code is an issue that the voters wish to see speedily addressed, and I shall concentrate my efforts in that regard.  My ideas are as yet at early stage and subject to change, but I forsee having a Incarceration and Rehabilitation Initative on the ballot in March, with a Penal Code Initiative in April.
  However, Crime is not the only subject that will be on my agenda.  A Transportation Commission Initiative will provide for the administration of our Southeast Highways and a Capital Initiative will enable our Region to finally own its offices instead of leasing them!  A Utilities Initiative is in the formative stages and may be ready for the April ballot.  Plus I have no doubt that current events will place further issues before you, just as they have in the past. In short, citizens, if y’all choose to reelect me, y’all will see that I’m just getting started on preparing this Region for the challenges of this bright new Millenium!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 08:28:22 PM »

Great, also, will this be your final term?  I'd guess you have alot more to get done after this.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

Great, also, will this be your final term?  I'd guess you have alot more to get done after this.
Jake sets his sights on the governor's seat......
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 09:05:56 PM »

When I first saw the topic, I thought you went to Africa.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 09:22:34 PM »

Great speech, Ernest.  Sounds like some great ideas that you've got planned for the next term.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 09:35:37 PM »

Jake sets his sights on the governor's seat......

oh, no.  I just wondered if he is retiring/getting bored with the job.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 09:36:38 PM »

When I first saw the topic, I thought you went to Africa.

Same. Some good-will trip maybe.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 10:03:47 PM »

Nah.  My only interest in foreign affairs right now is a deep regret that I am not the current US Ambassador to Mexico. Grin
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 10:25:24 PM »

Nah.  My only interest in foreign affairs right now is a deep regret that I am not the current US Ambassador to Mexico. Grin

Ya know, all the border regions' Governors should hold one of those useless bureaucratic summits on immigration with Mexico...we gotta get that problem under control!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies