Italy 2013 official results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:22:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013 official results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34
Author Topic: Italy 2013 official results thread  (Read 89232 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »

After tonight, anyone that says that Berlusconi has "lost his mojo" needs some help.  Wink

Here's one thing we should all be able to agree on: the first exit polls in this country suck and Silvio always under polls.
He didn't. He's actually running slightly below where the polls put him. It's just that Bersani is underperforming oh-so-much-more.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »

M5S is oficially the most voted party Sad

I'm devastated.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

OK, an update on regions with some votes left to count.

- Lazio (95% rep): L+4
- Lombardia (95% rep): R+8
- Molise (98% rep): R+0.1
- Piemonte (98% rep): L+0.2
- Campania (98% rep): R+8
- Calabria (99% rep): R+2
- Sardegna (99% rep): L+6
- Puglia (99% rep): R+6
- Abruzzo (99% rep): R+2
- Sicilia (near-final): R+6
- Veneto (near-final): R+8
- TAA (near-final): L wins
- FVG: (near-final): L+0.5
- Toscana (final): L+22
- Marche (final): L+11
- Vd'A (final): Local guy wins
- Liguria (final): L+9
- ER (final): L+21
- Umbria (final): L+12
- Basilicata (final): L+11
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »

M5S is oficially the most voted party Sad

I'm devastated.
I am exhilarated. Berlusconi may have lost his mojo, but the Italian people hasn't.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »

After tonight, anyone that says that Berlusconi has "lost his mojo" needs some help.  Wink

Here's one thing we should all be able to agree on: the first exit polls in this country suck and Silvio always under polls.
He didn't. He's actually running slightly below where the polls put him. It's just that Bersani is underperforming oh-so-much-more.

Final polls had him at 28-29%. He has cracked (by the slightest of margins but still) 29%.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »

I think it should be pointed out that only about 21% of Italians are voting for Berlusconi's party. God bless the US's two party system.....
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »

After tonight, anyone that says that Berlusconi has "lost his mojo" needs some help.  Wink

He got bailed out in 2011. Had he been forced to stay in power, he would have been finished for good.

Bailed out? Please. He was forced out with terrible ratings and was "finished" then, too. People need to start being a little more objective when it comes to this guy. Just admit that he has serious sway, like it or not, with the Italian people.

No, man. Read my posts from 2011. I predicted precisely this, and that is why I continued to support him at the time. And perversely, if I recall, you were supporting his ouster then.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »

I admit that that's factually the case, but I'm still absolutely intellectually and for that matter spiritually baffled as to why Berlusconi had any mojo in the first place. What is wrong with this country's political culture?! Giulio Andreotti and then this scumbag.

Berlusconi shaped Italy's political (an not only political) culture to his convenience.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #383 on: February 25, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »

Final polls had him at 28-29%. He has cracked (by the slightest of margins but still) 29%.

Average of final polls for Berlusconi was 29.4.  He is now at 29.1.
rob in cal
« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »

Based on whats left, Berlusconi will get closer to victory, but my guess is just miss out on the win.
   After all is said and done I sure hope Italy gets rid of their awful electoral system. I hate to see 71% of the electorate winning 45% of the seats.  Stuff like that keeps me up at night.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »

He got bailed out in 2011. Had he been forced to stay in power, he would have been finished for good.

Bailed out? Please. He was forced out with terrible ratings and was "finished" then, too. People need to start being a little more objective when it comes to this guy. Just admit that he has serious sway, like it or not, with the Italian people.

No, man. Read my posts from 2011. I predicted precisely this, and that is why I continued to support him at the time. And perversely, if I recall, you were supporting his ouster then.

...I was and that's great that you wanted him to stick around and predicted this but I don't see how that negates my point. He was still forced out and had horrible ratings. Whose to say that if he stuck around and his ratings got worse that he still wouldn't have found a way? Don't underestimate this guy. He has a lock on a segment of the population.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #386 on: February 25, 2013, 05:28:23 PM »

Pavia Clown 38.9 (-15.8) Left 30.1 (-1.9) Troll 18.9 Right 7.9.
Bergamo Clown 43.0 (-17.1) Left 25.4 (-2.2) Troll 14.8 Right 11.9. Lombardy, of course.

Chieti Left 28.9 (-12.1) Clown 28.9 (-14.4) Troll 28.5 Right 7.9. Those final precincts made this closer - oh so much, the final margin was just nine votes! - that means the Left never closed the gap in Abruzzo and were in fact overtaken by Grillo. PdL 4, Five Star 2, PD 1

Agrigento Clown 31.9 (-13.8) Troll 30.8 Left 28.4 (-4.2) Right 5.7. Grillo was leading in the count at one point, which would given him complete control of the south coast of Sicily. Alas twas not to be. Only the three east coast provinces out.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #387 on: February 25, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »

If he had stuck around he would have been forced to either implement austerity or take Italy out of the EZ. Either way, he would have had to clean up his own mess. Being tasked with such a thing would have finished him for good (personally I think Italy would have had a transformation of the political system just like in 1994, but that's not beyond this discussion). We'll just have to disagree on this one.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »

Left's lead down to 0.55 points... This is unbearable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »

I don't see how that is possible. There were seven polls released on the final day and he only cracked 29% in one of them. You must be using a very loose definition to get that "final" average.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »

Antonio: Not enough votes left to flip the lead.

On another note, any bets Renzi tells Bersani "Told ya so" at the next PD convention? Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »

2000 precincts, 0.55%.

If he had stuck around he would have been forced to either implement austerity or take Italy out of the EZ. Either way, he would have had to clean up his own mess. Being tasked with such a thing would have finished him for good. We'll just have to disagree on this one.
Of course he has a lock on a segment of the population and a floor of say 20% (plus the Lega's floor of 3.5%). It took an election such as this one - and an opposition such as this one, and yes circumstances such as these - to win or come close to winning with not much more than his base support.

He retained more voters in the South than in the North, incidentally. This is highly relevant as it's a bit of a return to pre-1992 patterns.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »

I don't see how that is possible. There were seven polls released on the final day and he only cracked 29% in one of them. You must be using a very loose definition to get that "final" average.

I took this page (didn't recalculate their numbers, though).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »

On another note, any bets Renzi tells Bersani "Told ya so" at the next PD convention? Tongue

Renzi should have been the nominee. Once this whole thing settles and we start playing the blame game, the PD primary voters shouldn't be forgotten for it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »

97% in. 0.52% difference.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »

Are you so sure of that? The gap seems to be narrowing really fast.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

Bari Clown 33.8 (-15.6) Left 28.4 (-7.1) Troll 25.1 Right 9.0

Camera lead 0.50.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

Renzi should have been the nominee. Once this whole thing settles and we start playing the blame game, the PD primary voters shouldn't be forgotten for it.

We all agreed at the time. You don't run a bureaucrat against two media-savvy, charismatic populists in a 2-month GE campaign. Particularly when one of them literally owns the airwaves.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »

Are you so sure of that? The gap seems to be narrowing really fast.
Reasonably sure, and thus not sure enough for my own comfort.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »

Most outstanding votes appear to be from Torino, Milan, Monza, Varese, Roma, the Lazio countryside, Caserta, and Foggia.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies