99.2% of Rhode Islanders believe the state economy is hopeless
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  99.2% of Rhode Islanders believe the state economy is hopeless
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 99.2% of Rhode Islanders believe the state economy is hopeless  (Read 3949 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »

I think this strikes to the heart of economic differences between the North and South. Most people in the North have the expectation of belonging to a broad middle class because they spent decades with it as a fact of life. A majority of people in the South are thoroughly accustomed to a much more unequal, almost feudal, society and have vivid plantation fantasies where they are the aristocracy. Life is, indeed, all about expectations.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

I think this strikes to the heart of economic differences between the North and South. Most people in the North have the expectation of belonging to a broad middle class because they spent decades with it as a fact of life. A majority of people in the South are thoroughly accustomed to a much more unequal, almost feudal, society and have vivid plantation fantasies where they are the aristocracy. Life is, indeed, all about expectations.

True, Northerners are going to tend to be less supportive of the results of the economic policies of the last 32 years.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »

Vote out all the Republicans and the state will be golden, oh wait.

Spurious logic is spurious.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »

A majority of people in the South(...) have vivid plantation fantasies where they are the aristocracy.

I believe the correct quote is "everybody, in the South, wants the privilege of whipping somebody else".
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 08:20:23 AM »

Why aren't you guys just selling you iron ore to China?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

Never trust polls with decimals.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 04:04:28 AM »

It's pretty much universal knowledge that Rhode Island's economy is hopeless. Sure didn't help that the state obliterated its own books when it took on that Curt Schilling nonsense.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »

And how did these people elect David Cicilline when he lied about the city's finances?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »

And how did these people elect David Cicilline when he lied about the city's finances?
Well, that came out after his first election. I'm surprised he was re-elected though... that, plus his general conduct during his first time, made be go from campaign volunteer in 2010 to voting for a Republican in 2012. I think most people were afraid the Republican didn't support birth control and other women's issues (at least that's why my mom and sister voted for him).
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »

Well, that came out after his first election. I'm surprised he was re-elected though... that, plus his general conduct during his first time, made be go from campaign volunteer in 2010 to voting for a Republican in 2012. I think most people were afraid the Republican didn't support birth control and other women's issues (at least that's why my mom and sister voted for him).

Yeah, I meant for reelection.  I wish Brendan Doherty won.  Cicilline has zero integrity.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies