Brazil Election - 5 October 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil Election - 5 October 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brazil Election - 5 October 2014  (Read 124858 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 27, 2014, 05:01:00 AM »

According to analysts, the dollar rate could rise up to 10% tomorrow and Ibovespa will probably be stopped by a circuit breaker (after a 10% loss). Let's wait and see how big the nightmare will be.

Tomorrow I'll try to make my election recap, winners/losers, and a quick projection for 2016 and 2018.

Good God! What's Dilma promising that's freaking out investors so much?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »

Well, all in all, good. Like Al said, Dilma's certainly not perfect, PT maybe even less so, but hopefully some very poor Brazilians can keep getting a little less poor, as opposed to hugely rich Brazilians getting even more hugely rich. That's always a pleasure.

No program took more people in Brazil from poverty than FHC's Plano Real, for instance.

BTW, the bloodbath on Ibovespa today is so big that the trading of most companies had to be delayed and put into auction. Petrobras will start trading at -14%.

I have to say, I'm glad I'm based in a developed market. I don't have the stomach for emerging market swings.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

Hmm, I understand that some people within PMDB would want to run a presidential candidate, given the reward would be great, but that can be dangerous, given that PMDB has already established themselves as a party of (sucking on the) system and the presidential run could put their position in jeopardy.

With that in mind, what sort of person votes PMDB?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies