Romney Continues to Burnish His Conservative Credentials
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney Continues to Burnish His Conservative Credentials
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Romney Continues to Burnish His Conservative Credentials  (Read 12304 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

Of course Mormons have sex (many don't), but some (almost all) of them believe it's not good.

You don't get lung cancer if you smoke. It can happen, but it can not happen, too Wink

BTW, many people drink and only a small minority lose their jobs, their families, and develop liver disease. Maybe it's your case, but it's not usual, you see.

Not to talk about coffee, of course.

Even vegans have a better life than a millionaire Mormon!

Anyone who smokes, drinks, or takes illicit drugs would have to be out of their mind.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »

Of course Mormons have sex (many don't), but some (almost all) of them believe it's not good.

You don't get lung cancer if you smoke. It can happen, but it can not happen, too Wink

BTW, many people drink and only a small minority lose their jobs, their families, and develop liver disease. Maybe it's your case, but it's not usual, you see.

Anyone who smokes, drinks, or takes illicit drugs would have to be out of their mind.

Are you a Mormon?
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2013, 01:10:55 AM »

No wonder you don't get girls...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

Porqué no te callas?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 05:00:32 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2013, 05:02:16 AM by Politico »

Things are going to be so bad by 2016 that the American people will shrug and overwhelmingly elect Romney if he is the nominee. The current field is comparable to the one in 1968: A lot of exciting (i.e., George Romney and Ronald Reagan in '68 and Marco Rubio and Chris Christie in '16) candidates, but only one who is ready to be president on day one (i.e., Richard Nixon in '68 and Mitt Romney in '16). Romney has learned from his mistakes and deserves another shot.

I also suspect Romney would run if the path is there (seriously, what else is more important? What more can he achieve in life?). That means Christie and Rubio either not running, or stumbling badly. I think Romney can take Bush in the primaries. Rejecting Jeb Bush in the primaries would finally lift the shadow of George W. Bush off the backs of Republicans.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »

Things are going to be so bad by 2016 that the American people will shrug and overwhelmingly elect Romney if he is the nominee.

In that scenario, there's no reason to pick Romney over someone the GOP base wants if it's such a shoo-in.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »

Things are going to be so bad by 2016 that the American people will shrug and overwhelmingly elect Romney if he is the nominee. The current field is comparable to the one in 1968: A lot of exciting (i.e., George Romney and Ronald Reagan in '68 and Marco Rubio and Chris Christie in '16) candidates, but only one who is ready to be president on day one (i.e., Richard Nixon in '68 and Mitt Romney in '16). Romney has learned from his mistakes and deserves another shot.

I also suspect Romney would run if the path is there (seriously, what else is more important? What more can he achieve in life?). That means Christie and Rubio either not running, or stumbling badly. I think Romney can take Bush in the primaries. Rejecting Jeb Bush in the primaries would finally lift the shadow of George W. Bush off the backs of Republicans.

That's more or less what you said before November 2012. I hope you're as right now as you were last year Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »

I see what you did here.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdX_Zj8cEs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]