The Floyd Bjørnstjerne Olson Office Building: Office of SoIA Snowguy716
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:08:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Floyd Bjørnstjerne Olson Office Building: Office of SoIA Snowguy716
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Floyd Bjørnstjerne Olson Office Building: Office of SoIA Snowguy716  (Read 469 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »

Greetings fellow Atlasians.

More to follow...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »

Mr. Secretary, would you happen to know what percentage of rural communities in Atlasia are without modern electricity sources?

I am collecting this information for possible Senate legislation, should I be elected.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »

Mr. Secretary, would you happen to know what percentage of rural communities in Atlasia are without modern electricity sources?

I am collecting this information for possible Senate legislation, should I be elected.
What do you mean by "modern"?  I can tell you right now that perhaps with the exception of isolated homesteads that choose not to be electrified, electricity coverage in Atlasia is 100%.

I think there is a widespread misconception in the northeast that parts of the nation are still operating without electricity or running water.  I remember this because people from the northeast were the only ones that stayed at my family's resort that would ask questions like "what time does the water shut off at night" or "do you have electricity".

I don't mean this as an insult or anything.  But rest assured, the lights are on and the water is hot.

Instead we should focus on other areas of potential poverty like healthy food support and ensuring that every Atlasian has access to adequate housing.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

What do you mean by "modern"?  I can tell you right now that perhaps with the exception of isolated homesteads that choose not to be electrified, electricity coverage in Atlasia is 100%.

I think there is a widespread misconception in the northeast that parts of the nation are still operating without electricity or running water.  I remember this because people from the northeast were the only ones that stayed at my family's resort that would ask questions like "what time does the water shut off at night" or "do you have electricity".

I don't mean this as an insult or anything.  But rest assured, the lights are on and the water is hot.

Instead we should focus on other areas of potential poverty like healthy food support and ensuring that every Atlasian has access to adequate housing.

All right, thanks.  I just wasn't sure how much New Deal-era infrastructure the nation enjoys, like the TVA for example, but if the nation is getting its electricity the way it should, I won't push for significant changes (with the exception of renewable energy sources, of course).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies