Maryland votes to abolish Death Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:40:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maryland votes to abolish Death Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maryland votes to abolish Death Penalty  (Read 1835 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:49:25 AM »
« edited: March 09, 2013, 10:11:18 AM by CountryFree »

That is every 4th Democrat, which can be of course considered as "lots of fake Democrats".

Except the part where supporting the death penalty makes you "fake Democrat".  As a Democrat who supports the death penalty I resent that.

Given that the opposing the death penalty is seen more as a liberal position, and not necessarily a "Democratic" issue, I would agree.  The Democratic Party has been, and will continue to be, a very big tent party.  Ascribing the party whole hog as "liberal" and thus enslaved to liberal ideology is fallacious.

And really, I find some red avatars' views really inconsistent.  Some of you might badmouth some fellow Democrats for supporting the death penalty but then in the same breath justify killing people with drone strikes (execution by robot).  To Benconstine's credit, and though I disagree with his views, at least he's consistent in supporting both.

So yes, it is very good that the Death Penalty has been done away with.  However, a lot of people need to get off the moral high horse of calling somebody a "fake (insert word here)" just for disagreeing on certain issues.  That is what we have libertarians here for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies