Ohio Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:56:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ohio Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: Ohio Megathread  (Read 61090 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »

I honestly could not think a campaign could be run worse than Charlie Crist, but Ed FitzGerald takes the cake. If Kasich breaks 55%, I bet he might change his tune on the presidency.

If Kasich can't break 55% against this guy, he should do the honourable thing and become a hermit.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »

Can you all just shut up on this thread and realise that Fitzgerald is going to cakewalk this election, and if he doesn't, well, it will be oh-so-narrow and only because of Kasich's lies about the virtuous wonderful FitzGeRaLd not being as squeaky clean as the Ohio Democrats claim. Which FitzGeRaLd is. Squeaky clean, that is.

If anyone dares to disagree, I have at least six more paragraphs in me (per post) with which to pummel anyone who DisaGrees with the obvious fact of FitzGeRaLd's cakewalk to victory into submission.

Kneel before the revealed truth, and put those polls aside. Everyone knows polls are always wrong (especially in a nation with such an unsophisticated rough polling operation such as the USA)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

He is done for.  Of course those in the campaign won't say so, but he is.  I hope the DGA pulls all money and puts it to better use in GA and other places.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »

Kasich is ludicrously lucky.  This is Obama 2004 Senate race lucky.  First he runs for governor in 2010, the most GOP year in two decades, winning a state that had gone to s**t in the economic turndown under a Democratic governor by the skin of his teeth in a race that he would have lost any other year.  Then he runs against Tartuffe in 2014 and will likely run up the score in a dramatic fashion.  He'll have a record of winning the top swing state in the nation twice going forward now, making him the most attractive resume/paper candidate in the GOP field in 2020 to run, likely, against a President Clinton seeking reelection, or, should the GOP win in 2016, to wait until 2024 and make a bid then.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2014, 05:24:50 PM »

Kasich is ludicrously lucky.  This is Obama 2004 Senate race lucky.  First he runs for governor in 2010, the most GOP year in two decades, winning a state that had gone to s**t in the economic turndown under a Democratic governor by the skin of his teeth in a race that he would have lost any other year.  Then he runs against Tartuffe in 2014 and will likely run up the score in a dramatic fashion.  He'll have a record of winning the top swing state in the nation twice going forward now, making him the most attractive resume/paper candidate in the GOP field in 2020 to run, likely, against a President Clinton seeking reelection, or, should the GOP win in 2016, to wait until 2024 and make a bid then.
Why would he wait? What's stopping him from running in 2016?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2014, 05:39:38 PM »

Kasich is ludicrously lucky.  This is Obama 2004 Senate race lucky.  First he runs for governor in 2010, the most GOP year in two decades, winning a state that had gone to s**t in the economic turndown under a Democratic governor by the skin of his teeth in a race that he would have lost any other year.  Then he runs against Tartuffe in 2014 and will likely run up the score in a dramatic fashion.  He'll have a record of winning the top swing state in the nation twice going forward now, making him the most attractive resume/paper candidate in the GOP field in 2020 to run, likely, against a President Clinton seeking reelection, or, should the GOP win in 2016, to wait until 2024 and make a bid then.

For one thing, he would do about as well as Bill Richardson...
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2014, 06:08:15 PM »

He'll be 68 in 2020. If he's going to run for President, 2016 is his year.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »

I think we're to the point now that Wendy Davis will probably outperform Fitzgerald.

What counties can he win at this point?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »

I think we're to the point now that Wendy Davis will probably outperform Fitzgerald.

Athens and Cuyahoga are the only certainties.  Maybe Lucas and Summit (I'd guess he barely wins the former and loses the latter).  That's probably it.  I imagine he'll do even worse than Lee Fisher.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »

I agree. If names like Christie, Bush, and Walker prove not to be viable/don't run, I can see the GOP establishment trying to get Kasich into the race.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Is it possible that Fitzgerald could play up his "player" appeal like Clinton did?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »

Has anyone made a "he really is in" joke or anything like that yet?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

You know Ed FitzGerald is a joke and will be crushed in November when Adam FitGerald doesn't come here anymore to pretend the race is competitive.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »

When the going gets rough, he does disappears. But, he still believes Fitzgerald can win.
Clermont County GOPer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »

Athens and Cuyahoga are the only certainties.  Maybe Lucas and Summit (I'd guess he barely wins the former and loses the latter).  That's probably it.  I imagine he'll do even worse than Lee Fisher.
Mahoning?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2014, 12:32:40 AM »

Has anyone made a "he really is in" joke or anything like that yet?

I tried to change the title to do something like that Sad
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2014, 12:35:13 AM »

Can someone explain to me what makes this scandal so devastating to Fitzgerald? I mean, I never thought he would win in the first place, but this always seemed like a whole bunch of nothing to me.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »

Can someone explain to me what makes this scandal so devastating to Fitzgerald? I mean, I never thought he would win in the first place, but this always seemed like a whole bunch of nothing to me.

I don't really know, but I suppose it's devastating enough that Adam has stopped posting here...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »

Mahoning?

Forgot about Youngstown Tongue  It could go either way, but I suspect FitzGerald narrowly carries it b/c of the unions.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »

Top campaign aides preparing to leave Fitzgerald's campaign. On his current financial trajectory he could have no TV presence after Labor Day.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »

FitzGerald Punished Employees Without Valid Licenses

"As Cuyahoga County executive, Ed FitzGerald (D) has disciplined employees for not holding a valid driver's license - something the former FBI agent and Democratic candidate for governor himself lacked for years," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

"In 2013 his administration punished at least eight employees, with penalties ranging from a written reprimand to a five-day suspension without pay."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2014/08/20/fitzgerald_punished_employees_without_valid_licenses.html
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

That's hilarious. Congrats Two-Term Governor Kasich.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

This race is just freakin painful to watch now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »

This race is just freakin painful to watch now.

At least its outcome doesn't affect your state Tongue
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »

Alot of this is the fact that Americans are quick to slut-shame anyone, even men sometimes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies