NYC's ban on suggary drinks overturned (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYC's ban on suggary drinks overturned (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC's ban on suggary drinks overturned  (Read 6846 times)
Obamanation
United States

« on: March 11, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

I hope Bloomberg doesn't comply. It's a shame no executives ever go full-on Jackson on the fascists in black robes.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »

I hope Bloomberg doesn't comply. It's a shame no executives ever go full-on Jackson on the fascists in black robes.

Your hyperbole shames me as a leftist. Regulating diets and serving sizes is not government function - it's a function of personal responsibility. Furthermore, do you have any idea how many lives lost to fascist dictators you've just devalued?

I'm not saying they are being fascists here IN PARTICULAR, I'm saying the judiciary in this country is fascist IN GENERAL, because what they says is always the last word: which should be bullsh*t.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:39:44 PM »

good the government shouldn't limit soda cup size, but the government should stop subsidizing high fructose corn syrup.

Best amount of damn sense I've heard so far in this thread.
Indeed.  The authoritarians in this thread are disgusting.

Libertarians are disgusting.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »

good the government shouldn't limit soda cup size, but the government should stop subsidizing high fructose corn syrup.

Best amount of damn sense I've heard so far in this thread.
Indeed.  The authoritarians in this thread are disgusting.

Libertarians are disgusting.

Excuse me, but are you against things like SOPA, the PATRIOT Act, and the NDAA? If so, you are in some capacity libertarian and, thus, have proven yourself to be a horrible hypocrite.

Also, just as a tip, non-sequitur personal attacks have no place in intelligent debates.

I was responding to a personal attack and no, I don't have a problem with the aforementioned legislation.

I want people to stop being fat and ugly so that I don't have to pay for their emergency room bills when they go in for a heart attack. Conservatives should agree, but alas they just want to pick fights.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »

I prefer a calorie tax on junk food sales collected with all income going toward a tax subsidy on produce.

That would be awesome! And make the poor much healthier.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies