Josh for Senate - D1 - Ask me your questions!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:09:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Josh for Senate - D1 - Ask me your questions!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Josh for Senate - D1 - Ask me your questions!  (Read 1369 times)
Josh
cyberlord

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2005, 08:15:49 PM »

After the sudden disappearance of Lawrence Watson, I hereby announce that I will run for Senate in District 1, and I ask for your vote.  Now, some of you may not know me, and many of you don't know me nearly as well as I'd hope.  I'd like that to stop now.  Ask me any questions you may have, and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:17:08 PM »

Which issue is most important to you and why?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 08:18:57 PM »

Can you also explain to use who you are?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »

I am sorry, but I cannot support you in running for Senate.  I believe ColinW is better qualified.  Anyway, why do you believe you are qualified to be a Senator?
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:32:19 PM »

Care for the environment is the most important issue to me, although the economy and education are also very important to me.  I would consider the environment most important to me because it is in my history, and it is the future of us all.  If we cannot care for something so basic as our source of life, how can we hope to expand into an even richer society in the future?

Can you also explain to use who you are?

I am sorry, but I cannot support you in running for Senate. I believe ColinW is better qualified. Anyway, why do you believe you are qualified to be a Senator?

Sorry - I realize you may not know me, considering my relative newness to the forum.  I joined a while ago, when I stumbled upon this site, but only recently became active, before the last major election.  In that time, I have tried hard to learn about Atlasia, its residents, and its politics.  Although I can admit I still have learning to do, I believe I am qualified to be your senator because a) I have been increasingly active on the forum since I first got interested, b) I'm a Progressive Democrat interested in moving us forward, c) I believe I share many of your values and interests, and d) I'm willing and able to work beyond party lines for a better Atlasia.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 08:33:48 PM »

I think its alittle early to be running for office, but its all good. You are going to get landslided but it happens to the best of us. Stick around, you can do some good things with D1 Dems, if you stick to it buddy.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »

I think its alittle early to be running for office, but its all good. You are going to get landslided but it happens to the best of us. Stick around, you can do some good things with D1 Dems, if you stick to it buddy.

Bulldog was supposed to get landlsided.  We all know what happened.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 08:56:44 PM »

I appreciate the sentiment, but I ask for your support.  I'm not running to get landslided, although it currently appears likely that I will.  I intend to campaign as any other candidate, and not just stick it out until later.  I'm here to win, whether I actually will or not.  No matter what 'good things' I can do in the future - the time is now, and I'm seizing the moment.  So you can either support me or not support me, but I'd love your support in this race against impressive odds.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 09:46:45 PM »

Bulldog was supposed to get landlsided.  We all know what happened.
I invalidated my vote for nothing? Smiley
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 10:04:43 PM »

I appreciate the sentiment, but I ask for your support.  I'm not running to get landslided, although it currently appears likely that I will.  I intend to campaign as any other candidate, and not just stick it out until later.  I'm here to win, whether I actually will or not.  No matter what 'good things' I can do in the future - the time is now, and I'm seizing the moment.  So you can either support me or not support me, but I'd love your support in this race against impressive odds.

I didn't know you were Lord Traldan. I'm not a D1 voter, so I can't vote for you. Anyway, I would need to see some of your opinions on issues like Abortion, Gay Marriage, Homeland Security, Forum Affairs, Iraq & Afghanistan, and Foregin Policy before endorseing you.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 10:17:02 PM »

I didn't know you were Lord Traldan. I'm not a D1 voter, so I can't vote for you. Anyway, I would need to see some of your opinions on issues like Abortion, Gay Marriage, Homeland Security, Forum Affairs, Iraq & Afghanistan, and Foregin Policy before endorseing you.

Abortion - I support a women's right to choose.
Gay marriage - I am in favor of people's right to choose for themselves who they love, and have no desire to restrict what is not my decision to make for someone else.
Homeland Security - I believe that civil liberties can and should be maintained, but should be balanced by a level of security that is needed in todays world.

...yeah, I need some sleep.  It's this strange ritual that I haven't taken part in much recently.  I'll try to finish my reply as soon as I get home from school tomorrow. Wink
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 10:25:49 PM »

Care for the environment is the most important issue to me, although the economy and education are also very important to me.  I would consider the environment most important to me because it is in my history, and it is the future of us all.  If we cannot care for something so basic as our source of life, how can we hope to expand into an even richer society in the future?

What?  Your history?  What does that mean?
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 10:28:12 PM »

What?  Your history?  What does that mean?

Heh, sorry, that's been a big issue for my dad and I for quite some time (though of course him long before me...)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »

How would you vote on any bill that, in any way, increased the role of religion and faith in government and through government services?
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:00:13 AM »

Although I am a believer in the seperation of church and state, I am also a devout Christian.  It would honestly depend on the individual bill.  Again, I do not believe religion and government should go together, but I do not wish to restrict the role of religion in our society.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 05:52:10 PM »

Do you know that Atlasia has its own flag? And if so why did you put the American flag in your campaign ad?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 05:56:18 PM »

Do you know that Atlasia has its own flag? And if so why did you put the American flag in your campaign ad?

He's not exactly the first to have done so... pictures of American flags are a lot easier to find than pictures of the Atlasian flag.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 08:31:12 PM »

He's not exactly the first to have done so... pictures of American flags are a lot easier to find than pictures of the Atlasian flag.

Do you know where to find one, I want to use it for the background on my election updates this time.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:27:38 PM »

No, I was not aware that there was an official flag.  Where can I find said flag?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 10:33:18 PM »

No, I was not aware that there was an official flag.  Where can I find said flag?

Flat version: http://stuff.donjohnson.org/atlas/atlasiaflag-flat.gif
Wavy version: http://stuff.donjohnson.org/atlas/atlasiaflag2.jpg
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 10:45:17 PM »

Flat version: http://stuff.donjohnson.org/atlas/atlasiaflag-flat.gif
Wavy version: http://stuff.donjohnson.org/atlas/atlasiaflag2.jpg

Thanks, will update the banner as soon as I have time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies