ColinW Campaign Speech in Buffalo, New York
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:02:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ColinW Campaign Speech in Buffalo, New York
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ColinW Campaign Speech in Buffalo, New York  (Read 731 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »

Hello New York! It's nice to be back on the campaign trail after a little while off. I am sadden to hear of Mr. Watson's disappearance and hope for the best for him and his family and my heart and my deepest regrets go out to Mr. Watson's family.

But I must now look to the last days of this campaign. With Mr. Watson gone another do nothing Democrat has been put in his place. This Josh is an inactive. A man who makes a few posts in between elections but mostly just comes around once and a while and votes. Do we want a man like that in the Senate? Do we want another inactive person who will not participate in the Senate to be a Senator from the great District One? No.

That is why, my fellow Atlasia, I want you to support my candidacy for the Senate. While you may not agree with me on all the issues you can agree that I have been an active Atlasian. A person who takes pride in this country and the spirit of Atlasian elections. A man who people of all political ideals has called a good, honest, active, and smart man.

I hope you will see as many of these Atlasians have that a Senator Colin Wixted would be better than another inactive Senator. It is better to have a man who will actually be around to witness the events going on in Atlasia than a person who comes around once every two weeks. It is better for a person who knows the system and knows how things operate to be Senator than a man who has only shown inactivity.

While you may not support all of my positions I can tell you that I will stay an active Senator who will always work for what is good for my District. In light of this I will make a promise to you today. On the day I take office I will open a Suggestion Box thread. This is where you can comment on my voting record, my activity level, my positions and my ability as a Senator so that I can better improve myself in the Senate and better represent my District. I will also introduce any draft of a bill either posted in this thread or sent to me via PM, AIM, or email so that no matter what I think of the bill it will be introduced and debated on in the Senate. 

These are just a few of my ideas for helping improve my representation of the District and for helping me improve as Senator. I want to represent all of Atlasia not just my party or people who share my ideology. I want to unite D1 and not divide and I will do my best to achieve this.

This District does not need a do nothing Senator. It needs a proactive Senator who will listen to the people of D1 and will stay in touch with the current issues. Vote for a man who will actually do something as Senator. Vote ColinW for Senate and vote for an active and competent man for D1.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:18:02 PM »

COLINW FOR SENATE!
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 08:20:36 PM »

AND MAS TOO.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 08:20:53 PM »

Um, Colin, Josh has posted 184 times since his last vote. He's not exactly a vote and make a few posts member, unless 184 is a few.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:23:40 PM »

Um, Colin, Josh has posted 184 times since his last vote. He's not exactly a vote and make a few posts member, unless 184 is a few.

He can't hold a candle to Colin's activity.  The D1 Democrats need to dig their heads out of their butts to put it strongly. 
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 08:24:45 PM »

He can't hold a candle to Colin's activity.  The D1 Democrats need to dig their heads out of their butts to put it strongly. 

Colin may be more active but Josh is not a vote and go guy either, which Colin implied he was. That's all I'm going to say.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 11:12:53 PM »

The former Senator (who attended) appreciates ColinW making a campaign stop in Buffalo Smiley

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 11:15:48 PM »

ColinW now officially has my support for his run in D1.

Good luck, Colin.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 09:15:17 PM »

This Josh is an inactive. A man who makes a few posts in between elections but mostly just comes around once and a while and votes.

Will you either retract that statement or say that 186 is a few posts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies