Read this!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:42:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Read this!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Read this!  (Read 5875 times)
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2005, 10:17:47 PM »

Hello, Tonight I come to you from what was scheduled to be a campaign rally. It has now become something very different. In the past 24 hours reports have came out that I and Zzzbot are one in the same. Throughout this day I have denied these charges, And I still stand by my original promise to you all that I did not create Zzzbot. But I have not been 100% honest with the people of Atlasia, I did lie today. I said that I had no idea who Zzzbot was, Ect. Well I do know exactly who he is. I told you today that my roommate had no Username. Well he does, not one that he uses often, but he does have one, and it’s Zzzbot. Before you think anything, I am not going to say this was my roommate and I am innocent. He did create the original username in Maryland on his own. He being a strong Democrat he created the J Kerry name to mess with me, and then he went in and did that poll thing. He registered because as I said he had read the Posts for some time. But I did ask him to register in the Fantasy politics game, which is something I obviously regret. There is one more thing that I need to come clean about. 13 of his 40 posts were written and posted by me. Including the election polls. I never tried or ment to do anything illegal, I wanted to know what people were thinking.

As I sat in my office this afternoon putting this speech together, I thought about the people I let down, the people that put there name on the line and from the bottom of my heart I am truly sorry.

As I sat in my Office in Dallas, with my closest advisers by my side. I thanked them for the hard work they have done in this campaign. I could have done it, I would have, but I am glad this came out before the election. The people deserve someone who didn’t lie. I obviously am dropping out of the race, and I hope all of the people that supported me will vote for SamSpade.

I want everyone to know; I am not asking for forgiveness, I don’t deserve it! I do hope one day this can, not be forgotten but moved past. I want to say sorry to every single member of the Atlasia Forum. Especially Sam and States. They are both good guys and I clearly am not.

I wanted a perfect ending, now I've learned; the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next, and that’s what I did. I regret it now, but all in all I had fun and I will miss this place. It’s a great site and a fun place, keep it going guys.

As I prepare to leave Atlasia in the coming days, I want to wish you all good luck in everything that is to come, and again I am sorry. I do hope to come back one day, But if you dont want me back, I will understand that. Good night, and Good Bless Atlasia.

-George W. Bush

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 10:22:18 PM »

Interesting.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 10:23:49 PM »

Heh, wow.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:27:25 PM »

I wonder if he regrets this:

Ok, Thats fine. Try and read the guys profile you dumb f**cks, It says he is from Orlando. Also a person does not have to put there real age, location Ect. in there profile. Frankly, John I dont give a sh**t what you think. The only thing I can come up with is the wireless internet the campus provides in the doorms would have me on the same hookup as someone else. But the likelyhood of someone on the same fourm liveing in the same building as me is not likley. Again, I did not do this and I will keep standing up for myself, And anyone who thinks otherwise can Kiss my Ass.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 10:30:08 PM »

Well, that isn't the strangest explanation I've ever seen from someone accused, but it comes close.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 10:30:36 PM »

So getting a friend to register in the fantasy elections is a big deal now? Geez.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:31:34 PM »

Thank you for coming clean on this, George W. Bush. 

I wish you no ill harm and I hope that as time passes you will come back. Time does heal all wounds.

I will also withdraw my case to the Supreme Court as well.

Good luck.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 10:32:05 PM »

Thank you for coming clean on this, George W. Bush. 

I wish you no ill harm and I hope that as time passes you will come back. Time does heal all wounds.

I will also withdraw my case to the Supreme Court as well.

Good luck.

Good Luck to you to Sam.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 10:32:15 PM »

So getting a friend to register in the fantasy elections is a big deal now? Geez.

It has been since before I registered in fantasy elections at the urging of one of my friends.  I wish it weren't such a big deal, but it unfortunately can lead to things that many people don't want introduced to fantasy politics.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 10:42:10 PM »

I commend you for coming clean, Bush.  I am sorry it had to end this way, too.

I hope we can put this aside in the future, you were a rising star on the forum and I hope you will return to that status someday.
H. Ross Perot
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 10:54:01 PM »

This is me, I am posting with this thing once more, And As of about 2 seconds from now I am deleting it from my computer.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 11:27:01 PM »

Please stay.  True that you lied, but to be honest, though I didn't I contemplated lying when my roommate signed on, because I was worried that people would say that I was just trying to create votes.  I didn't, of course, but I do understand the temptation that you went through.

Stay on board and run again in the future.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 11:30:18 PM »

Please stay.  True that you lied, but to be honest, though I didn't I contemplated lying when my roommate signed on, because I was worried that people would say that I was just trying to create votes.  I didn't, of course, but I do understand the temptation that you went through.

I plan to, but I think it would be best for everyone if I left for a few mouths. I will still read, and keep up with what you guys are doing. But for anyone to trust me I think I have to take a break. But I appreciate what you just said, and I am already looking forward to coming back one day.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 11:35:52 PM »

I plan to, but I think it would be best for everyone if I left for a few mouths. I will still read, and keep up with what you guys are doing. But for anyone to trust me I think I have to take a break. But I appreciate what you just said, and I am already looking forward to coming back one day.

You obviously weren't around for the Boss Tweed days, if you think this is a scandal.  It's a mistake.  You owned up to it.  I don't think it will have that large an effect on you credability.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 11:38:52 PM »

For what it's worth, if this is all that this whole thing is about, it doesn't really affect my opinion of you at all.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 11:40:17 PM »

For what it's worth, if this is all that this whole thing is about, it doesn't really affect my opinion of you at all.

Thanks guys, You made me feel a little better.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 12:19:02 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
About what I had figured, actually...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 06:54:31 AM »

No...using his account yourself is.
Adam, there's no reason to leave Fantasy Politics. Just don't run for office a little while, and...maybe don't use your roommate's account. Ever. Again.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 11:23:22 AM »

Well, though it's obviously correct to drop out you shouldn't leave politics altogether. People like IrishDem are still active enough. I see no problem with you remaining on the forum, as long as you don't do anything like this again.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that you have withdrawn from the D4 Senate Race - but I think in doing so, you did the honourable thing

Dave

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 12:45:45 PM »

I've done things like that all the time, just because I was too lazy to log out and switch user names.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 01:25:14 PM »

I've done things like that all the time, just because I was too lazy to log out and switch user names.
TO CAMPAIGN ON THE FANTASY BOARD??

Or do you mean generally on interent forums?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

Generally on internet forums. No one else uses my computer anymore, so obviously not here.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 03:18:10 PM »

I agree.  The board just isn't the same without George W. Bush.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »

Hey, sorry I suspected you. No hard feelings I hope?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies