Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian  (Read 3308 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »

Well, at the very least that is southern Georgia, where places like Toombs County High School had seperate proms for whites, blacks, and hispanics. You never really hear a lot about stupid crap like this happening in the northern parts, thank god.

Not even places as horrible as Forsyth or Gwinnett counties?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 02:20:45 AM »

Well, at the very least that is southern Georgia, where places like Toombs County High School had seperate proms for whites, blacks, and hispanics. You never really hear a lot about stupid crap like this happening in the northern parts, thank god.

Those vulgar areas are mostly rich white folk who vote Republican more for economic reasons than social. However, I prefer to disassociate myself with those counties nonetheless, and consider North Georgia to be any county north of Atlanta and it's suburbs. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 02:25:39 AM »

For future clarification:

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 03:00:16 AM »

Those vulgar areas are mostly rich white folk who vote Republican more for economic reasons than social. However, I prefer to disassociate myself with those counties nonetheless, and consider North Georgia to be any county north of Atlanta and it's suburbs. Wink

looking at the 04 results and seeing that Bush took more than 70% of virtually all the counties in Northerrn GA, some 75- even 80% + I would say you got some damn scary ass counties up there as well.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 03:18:05 AM »

My god, this forum has a lot of stupid trolls that follow me around.

I guess you could say you follow yourself around.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 03:20:38 AM »

Yes, we're a Republican stronghold here, but as far as the types of things that occur such as what to which this post relates doesn't happen as often here in the northern counties. Northeast GA votes Republican, but they are very laissez-faire when it comes to personal choices and the rights of the individual (kudos to the mountain folk). Here in Northwest GA, however, people are very opinionated, loud and forceful of their personal political and religious beliefs; southern Georgia looks more "moderate" in their voting pattern because they love that government assistance and farm subsidies. Wink
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 03:35:08 AM »

Yes, we're a Republican stronghold here, but as far as the types of things that occur such as what to which this post relates doesn't happen as often here in the northern counties. Northeast GA votes Republican, but they are very laissez-faire when it comes to personal choices and the rights of the individual (kudos to the mountain folk). Here in Northwest GA, however, people are very opinionated, loud and forceful of their personal political and religious beliefs; southern Georgia looks more "moderate" in their voting pattern because they love that government assistance and farm subsidies. Wink

I know it was said in jest, but the fact you even had to say as often is scary as hell for a Long Island liberal like myself Smiley   Basically northern Georgia isn't as bad as southern Georgia in that regard, which isn't much of an accomplishment.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »

I know it was said in jest, but the fact you even had to say as often is scary as hell for a Long Island liberal like myself Smiley   Basically northern Georgia isn't as bad as southern Georgia in that regard, which isn't much of an accomplishment.

I understand. Smiley My part of the state is more tolerant than the scum-bottom part, but I'm Greek so it still scares the bejeezus out of me.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 05:03:48 AM »

Nice map, asshole.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 08:59:18 AM »

My god, this forum has a lot of stupid trolls that follow me around.

I'll take that as "I've lost the argument, so I'm going to play the victim."

Your poor trash area actually contains some pretty well off cities/counties.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »

Its true though.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:20 AM »

Your poor trash area actually contains some pretty well off cities/counties.

Not including how totally ignorant the term "poor trash" is.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »

If you're a bigot who likes to make blanket generalizations about people, I suppose it is.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »

What a stupid ruling... A truly stupid move...

Someone, I think it was Straha, mentioned Jim Crow... Well, they replaced Jim Crow laws with laws against gay marraige, and gay adoption...

A truly stupid judge.

I think the reasoning is similar, and the arguments can be classified as similar, especially against interracial marriage and gay marriage, but...

Gays have never went through the type of stuff that blacks had to go through.. i have never seen gays being segregated, enslaved, being denied the right to vote, etc.

I don't know why that makes discrimination any better. There are plenty of good reasons for civil rights, but "we were oppressed" is not one of them.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »

Well, the map was meant originally as a joke, but obviously there must be some people who reside in that part of the country that has let the heat fry their part of the brain that handles sarcasm.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »

Yet another activist conservative judge.

The judge may be a conservative activist, but this ruling is only possible because of liberal family laws that allow judges to play with families like this. That one conservative judge managed to find a loophole in them to support his causes doesn't take from the fact that these laws were written to keep the feminazis happy.
Liberals create anti-family, pro-state legislation, and then start to cry when conservatives exploit them for their own causes, but they never have any problem when liberal judges abuse them to deny father rights to males. Stop crying you whiny, immature crybaby.
I luv how you blamed the feminists for this.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »

Well, the map was meant originally as a joke, but obviously there must be some people who reside in that part of the country that has let the heat fry their part of the brain that handles sarcasm.

Given that text is our medium of communication it's sometimes hard to get the 'tone' of the message - that's why god invented smilies. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2007, 02:39:20 PM »

Well, apologies for the confusion. I just figured that a joke towards my own state wouldn't be taken so harshly. =p
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies