If it were up to the states....? (Abortion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:15:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If it were up to the states....? (Abortion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: If it were up to the states....? (Abortion)  (Read 7330 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2005, 02:22:32 AM »

What the f*** are you on about? This isn't more social darwinist bullsh*t is it?

If (I stress the "if") that map is accurate, a majority of babies in D.C are aborted. How the f*** can you possibily justify that and still remain a human being?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2005, 02:24:33 AM »

If that map is accurate some new restrictions are needed urgently...

How will you pay for the increased cost to society of forcing women to be baby making machines against their will?

I suppose they never heard of birth control or something really radical, like not having sex (we're not talking rape/incest here).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2005, 05:14:38 AM »

How will you pay for the increased cost to society of forcing women to be baby making machines against their will?

I suppose they never heard of birth control or something really radical, like not having sex (we're not talking rape/incest here).

Not having sex would be a poor option, as sex is generally enjoyable and a vital part of a good life.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2005, 05:16:51 AM »

What the f*** are you on about? This isn't more social darwinist bullsh*t is it?

If (I stress the "if") that map is accurate, a majority of babies in D.C are aborted. How the f*** can you possibily justify that and still remain a human being?

Because the women wanted to abort.  Not my business, nor yours, whether it is 5% or 95%.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2005, 08:35:51 AM »

Because the women wanted to abort.

Not always I'm betting

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The babies that die don't have anyone to defend them do they?

Abortion on demand should be illegal.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2005, 10:10:39 AM »

Not having sex would be a poor option, as sex is generally enjoyable and a vital part of a good life.

There are alternatives, as I'm sure you are aware.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2005, 10:16:05 AM »

That the fetus has the right to life, however, is questionable, most certainly during the first trimester if not throughout the whole pregnancy.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2005, 10:31:46 AM »

High abortion rates are an indication of abortion being used as an everyday birth control method, rather than as a last resort.  This means that condom usage is way below where it should be.  That should trouble people no matter where they stand on abortion.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2005, 10:35:25 AM »

That the fetus has the right to life, however, is questionable, most certainly during the first trimester if not throughout the whole pregnancy.

I'm not opposed to early abortions for good reasons. What I'm strongly opposed to is people using it as a form of birth control.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2005, 01:06:18 PM »

High abortion rates are an indication of abortion being used as an everyday birth control method, rather than as a last resort.  This means that condom usage is way below where it should be.  That should trouble people no matter where they stand on abortion.

I don't think he meant condom use, I think he meant BJs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2005, 05:13:36 AM »

So you want to over double the birth rate in DC by forcing women to be baby making machines against their will? How the  are you going to pay for that? The increased cost of raising children no one wants, the cost of foster parents, jails, and to the environment?  that sh**t.

By forcing women to go through 9 months of pregnancy, and then decide whether to try to give up the child, you are pro-slavery.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2005, 05:15:44 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 05:22:09 AM by jfern »

Abortion on demand should be illegal.

So if a condom breaks or birth control fails, you should be forced to go through 9 months of pregancy, then a painful childbirth, followed by having to give up the child that you can't afford to raise? You hate freedom.

How would you pay for the addition cost to society of your ramming your views down other people's throats by denying them control to their own body? Or have are you just following an irrational emotional reaction and have you not thought about the consequences?
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 03:14:19 PM by Yaks Hairbrush »

I'm not opposed to early abortions for good reasons. What I'm strongly opposed to is people using it as a form of birth control.

Abortion is a form of birth control. It controls whether the baby is born or not. The rest of the contraceptives would be more accurately termed "conception control" if you're interested in differentiating.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

Jfern: admit it you're just a nasty little Social Darwinist, aren't you?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2007, 02:58:02 AM »

With the events in South Dakota last year in mind, what would a map look like today?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2007, 10:42:43 AM by Verily »

Looking at this old discussion, it's hard not to laugh. South Dakota overturned its abortion ban in a referendum. That means that almost no states at all could hope to ban abortion and keep the law on the books. I haven't heard anything about Mississippi's ban lately, but that probably means it's still around. Some southern states might be able to maintain a ban; Alabama and Mississippi, maybe South Carolina and Louisiana.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

Looking at this old discussion, it's hard not to laugh. South Dakota overturned its abortion ban in a referendum. That means that almost no states at all could hope to ban abortion and keep the law on the books. I haven't heard anything about Mississippi's ban lately, but that probably means it's still around. Some southern states might be able to maintain a ban; Alabama and Mississippi, maybe South Carolina and Louisiana.

Well you have to remember that South Dakota banned all abortions. If they had had provisions in the ban for abortions to take place in cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's life was in danger, basically a softer ban, it most likely would have passed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies