Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:50:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31868 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

This is probably a strange request coming from someone who's not a federal legislator, but may I please see what impact a Negative Income Tax bill would have on the federal budget and deficit if existing programs are not cut or eliminated?  May I also have your expert recommendation on such a program?

I realize this is a big request, so feel free to take your time on it. Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

GM Griffin, would you be able to tell us Mideasterners roughly how much additional revenue our region generates due to the fines specified in section 3 of the Mideast Speed Limits Act?

This is the full text of the bill:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »

Hi, could you please calculate the median personal income for the IDS?

IDS Median Personal Income (Ages 20 and over): $32,726

Nat'l Median Personal Income (Ages 20 and over): $31,762

Quote from: Restricted

9.5K-35K      -5%                           ESTIMATED COST: 79.21 B                
35K-80K      22%                                    
80K-170K    28%       
170K-350K  35%                             ESTIMATED COST: 7.72 B               
350K-1M     40%                             ESTIMATED REVENUE: 8.56 B               
1M-10M      50%                             ESTIMATED COST: 187.48 B               
10M+         60%                             ESTIMATED REVENUE: 212.37 B      

CURRENT PROJECTED 2013 SURPLUS: $53.97 B

TOTAL COST: $53.48 B

REMAINING SURPLUS: $0.49 B[/quote]

GM Griffin, would you be able to tell us Mideasterners roughly how much additional revenue our region generates due to the fines specified in section 3 of the Mideast Speed Limits Act?

This is the full text of the bill:

Approximately 20% of all traffic fines would fall under this category. Assuming these individuals would have been ticketed prior for such offenses, calculating the difference is a tad difficult without knowing prior fine amounts. However, it is estimated that this law would apply to approximately 2.05 million citations per year @ $175/avg citation = $0.358 B (2013).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »

I imagine it's quite a lot of work for you but could you assess the Mideast Dog Welfare Act for us? It's a very long piece of legislation but it seems like section 18 is the most relevant for our purposes. Thanks!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

I'm having a hard time understanding your analysis of the Mideast Budget.

Can you give me a list of what legislation you specifically analyzed to calculate it, and what changes those bills made  to the budget?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »

I imagine it's quite a lot of work for you but could you assess the Mideast Dog Welfare Act for us? It's a very long piece of legislation but it seems like section 18 is the most relevant for our purposes. Thanks!

I'm having a hard time understanding your analysis of the Mideast Budget.

Can you give me a list of what legislation you specifically analyzed to calculate it, and what changes those bills made  to the budget?

It's been nearly two months - unfortunately, I did not keep my paper scribblings as I assessed the budget. With so many new bills passed since then and apparently some being missed, it would be preferable if the Mideast can document all recently passed legislation and add it to the Wiki. Once this is done, I will be happy to furnish a new estimate for the 2013 budget from scratch; it'll be much more effective than the piece-mealing that is ongoing.

P.S.: Tmth and I had some issues when assessing the first budget on various parts - mainly pertaining to 'Fees' and 'Business and Other'. While these were ultimately clarified, it would be nice to know which pieces of legislation passed in the previous two months specifically fall under these categories.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »

Everything relevant is now on the Wiki, to my knowledge.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Just making a public note that I have received budget requests for both the Mideast and the Northeast. While the Mideast budget revisions are mostly complete, I've had very little time over the past couple of days to complete this due to work and real-life issues.

I'm sorry to fall behind on these - in addition to the regular weekly updates that I provide. All current requests and regular updates will be handled in-full by Saturday night at the latest. Thanks for your patience.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

The revised Mideast Budget for 2013 is now available.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »

When I was composing the approval poll for the cabinet, I wondered something when I typed you into the selection boxes.

Where's the financial panic?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2013, 07:14:30 PM by GM Griffin »

When I was composing the approval poll for the cabinet, I wondered something when I typed you into the selection boxes.

Where's the financial panic?

I assume you mean the Financial Report and are not referencing the Mideast? The most recent unemployment report already showed quite an upset at the regional level for the Pacific. As mentioned earlier, I'm a bit behind but catching up on things this evening.

You will soon have your answer.  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2013, 07:40:23 PM »

There should have been a stock market crash on Friday June 21st or Thursday the 20th.

In 2010 at his confirmation hearing (after which he proceeded to little to nothing), Al said the greatest thing holding back our economy was the incompetence and inactivity of Atlasian Governance.

I think we should replace the Game Moderator with computer programmed computer software that acts on a set of constraints and would react to in game events with as much similarity as what would happen if the even occured in real life.

I shudder to think of what whould be happenign in NY if CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, NM, UT, and ID were to dissolve themselves. There bonds would crash causing a cascading financial panic, bringing down all the banks that were invested in those bonds and other gov't entities that were exposed to them as well or had purchased. T bills could surge or crash depending on what people expected to hampe to them and the DOW would drop 1,000 + points and all on day one. On day two, Europe would be closing its doors and China would be in a Revolution by day three.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »

Unfortunately the economic version of apocalypse isn't a fun as I would have pictured it. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »

Next time you plot Atlasia's doomsday in the IRC, please be sure to take advantage of all the fringe benefits. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »

FYI: A tentative budget analysis for the Northeast has been provided to Governor-elect Sirnick.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:34 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 10:09:34 PM by GM Griffin »

Current as of 6/29/2013

National GNP & Growth Stats:

GNP: $14.93 trillion
GNP 6-Month Growth: -0.19%

2013 Projected Federal Revenue: $2.97 trillion
2013 Projected Federal Revenue As % of GDP: 19.91%

CPI (1 month)Sad +0.08%
CPI (Last 12 months)Sad +3.61%

Gold: $1571.70/oz
Crude Oil: $88.63/barrel

ANSE: 902.07
NASDAQ: 2274.82

*ME & PAC budgets not completed for 2013; ME Regional Revenue & Revenue as % of GDP based off of prior estimates
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »

Next report is going to be fun.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:32 AM »

Seeing as how I have neglected to include the national unemployment figures in each of the past three unemployment reports, here is a chart illustrating the change in unemployment over the past twelve months:

Unemployment figures for June will be available Friday, July 7th.

Yikes
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2013, 01:04:03 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2013, 06:42:58 AM by GM Griffin »

Seeing as how I have neglected to include the national unemployment figures in each of the past three unemployment reports, here is a chart illustrating the change in unemployment over the past twelve months:

Point of clarification: after further review, the preliminary unemployment estimate for May 2013 was off due to a typo in my spreadsheet formulas. Here is the revised estimate:

Employment estimates for June will be released on Friday, July 5th.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »

Has anyone contacted you regarding the High Speed Rail bill in terms of the improvements in the past? A yes or no answer will suffice.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »

Has anyone contacted you regarding the High Speed Rail bill in terms of the improvements in the past? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Nope.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2013, 01:13:10 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2013, 02:09:08 AM by GM Griffin »

Despite last minute economic concerns, Canadian Parliament passes, President Harper signs A-CCM

July 4, 2013
Nyman

Just in time for Independence Day, the Canadian Parliament has ratified the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market proposal, heralding a new era for relations between the two countries.

The proposal made its way through the House of Commons with ample support – 199-109 – but faced strong headwinds in the Senate as a looming economic crisis began to unfold in the Pacific region. Ultimately, the A-CCM passed the Senate 59-46 – with strong backing from the Liberal Party and a slight majority backing from Prime Minister Harper's Conservative Party.

Over the coming weeks, both countries will be required to appoint a commission to inspect and collaborate on uniform border security measures – along with anti-terrorism protocols – to be enacted no later than January 1, 2016.

With the passage of the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement, border restrictions relating to the movement of Atlasian citizens have now been lifted in many regards. Atlasian citizens who reside in Canadian provinces will have the many of the same privileges of citizenship at the federal and regional levels, depending on the province in question.

Those who may find themselves in Quebec and New Brunswick will be considered full residents of the Northeast region, while those in Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Labrador and Nova Scotia will be considered residents of the Southeast region. Atlasian citizens in Ontario and Nunavut will be considered residents of the Mideast, while Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta will fall under the purview of the Midwest. The Pacific region – whose fate is now in the hands of the Supreme Court – will offer many of the same rights of citizenship to those Atlasians who reside in British Columbia or the Yukon Territory.

Over the coming weeks and months, both the Harper and Nix administrations expect to work with one another on various elements of the A-CCM, such as trade and customs protocols, long-term plans for the reduction of agricultural subsidies and ways in which reconciliation of key regulations can be achieved.

GUIDE TO RESIDENCY:

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »

Beautiful!
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

Does this mean we can relocate to Canadian states?

Isn't this a bit silly considering we currently have US states which are dead (zero populaced)?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

Can we rename the Canadian provinces?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies