Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31863 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »

Hello GM

In the Northeast budget, what exactly does the money earmarked for tax expenditure and public safety get spent on?

Thanks
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2013, 08:41:50 AM »

Can I ask how much it would cost to build 10 15 Mega watt Nuclear Power Plants across the south.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »

Where did you get these numbers from, since the Mideast taxes pensions:

Pension & Retirement Deductions ($26.08 billion)
$10.05 billion ..... Employer-paid Pensions (No Change)
$7.05 billion ..... 401Ks & Keogh plans (No Change)
$1.50 billion ...... IRAs (No Change)
$6.62 billion ..... Group and personal life insurance benefits (No Change)
$0.86 billion ...... Other retirement benefits (No Change)

I'm not understanding how there would be any deductions.  Employer-paid pensions are taxed at 1.5%, but that wouldn't be part of someone's earned income, and funds for 401Ks and IRAs are taxed before an employee puts money into them.

I'll be happy to look into this further, but the numbers (unchanged by my office for the 2013 budget) come from the 2012 Mideast Budget. I see that the former GM was not sure about these figures, either.

Yeah, I didn't notice that last time, but that makes no sense to me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »

Where did you get these numbers from, since the Mideast taxes pensions:

Pension & Retirement Deductions ($26.08 billion)
$10.05 billion ..... Employer-paid Pensions (No Change)
$7.05 billion ..... 401Ks & Keogh plans (No Change)
$1.50 billion ...... IRAs (No Change)
$6.62 billion ..... Group and personal life insurance benefits (No Change)

I'm not understanding how there would be any deductions.  Employer-paid pensions are taxed at 1.5%, but that wouldn't be part of someone's earned income, and funds for 401Ks and IRAs are taxed before an employee puts money into them.

I'll be happy to look into this further, but the numbers (unchanged by my office for the 2013 budget) come from the 2012 Mideast Budget. I see that the former GM was not sure about these figures, either.

Yeah, I didn't notice that last time, but that makes no sense to me.

So I found this, and have sent a PM to badger to see if he can help clear things up:

I see how I've missed pensions though as pensions are addressed via tax credits but not as budget spending.

Well, sort of. The tax credits you refer to....

Pension & Retirement Deductions ($46.49 billion)
$17.55 billion ..... Employer-paid Pensions (No Change)
$15.55 billion ..... 401Ks & Keogh plans (No Change)
$2.41 billion ...... IRAs (No Change)
$10.12 billion ..... Group and personal life insurance benefits (No Change)

....are federal tax deductions for various pension and retirement payments, but not the actual pension/retirement plan payments themselves. The payment of pensions is a separate matter to address. I'm really not sure if these deductions match what the various "Mideast" states in RL lose from exclusions from state taxation or not. Anybody? Huh

However, if you put a gun to my head and forced a guess I'd say the deductions would be a smaller percentage compared to the federal budget, simply because state taxes rely more on sales and property taxes than income and estate taxes.

If someone wants to do even "tip of the iceburg" level research on this, using even just one RL "Mideastern" state, please feel free as it could save the region a lot of revenue. Wink Calculating the relative share of tax breaks/exemptions for regional "spending" compared to the federal budget's share of "spending" would be a good first step.

I'd take a few minutes with a calculator and do it myself, but I gotta get to court. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »

Hello GM

In the Northeast budget, what exactly does the money earmarked for tax expenditure and public safety get spent on?

Thanks

I cannot be entirely sure of how all of this money is allocated, as that would be the jurisdiction of the NE Assembly and since no elaboration was provided, it's a bit hard to tell.

In regards to the tax expenditure section, this would cover aspects such as housing deductions and credits, corporate tax breaks, charitable contribution deductions, child tax credits, etc.

Public safety should pertain to regional law enforcement and any justice-related expenditures such as prisons, court operation costs, legal representation for the accused and the like.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2013, 12:30:24 AM »

Can I ask how much it would cost to build 10 15 Mega watt Nuclear Power Plants across the south.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you mean (10) 1500 MW power plants, but if this isn't the case, then please let me know.

Construction Costs: $31.185 B
5-Year Operational Costs*: $14.452 B

Estimated 5-Year Cost: $45.637 B

*(Fuel, Maintenance, Staff, Decommissioning; $0.02/kWh)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

I'm not understanding how federal deductions would have an impact on that section of our budget...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »

I'm not understanding how federal deductions would have an impact on that section of our budget...

Yeah, me neither. :/

I'm inclined to consider scrapping it from the budget, but I'd like to give a bit more time to hear from badger, to see what exactly was the reason behind its inclusion.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »

Is there a pacific lottery and if so, how is the income from the lottery used?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

Mr. GM, may we have a report on how much of the deficit reenacting this legislation would erase?  Thanks!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Is there a pacific lottery and if so, how is the income from the lottery used?

There is not one.

Mr. GM, may we have a report on how much of the deficit reenacting this legislation would erase?  Thanks!

I'll be happy to look into it, but can you show me where/when this legislation was repealed? From what I can tell, it appears to be set to go into effect this fiscal year.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »

Oh, whoops.  Sorry, can we see the effects that the current policy will have on our deficit?  It wasn't repealed, so we should see its results in the next budget.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »

Oh, whoops.  Sorry, can we see the effects that the current policy will have on our deficit?  It wasn't repealed, so we should see its results in the next budget.

You'll be happy to know that this year's federal budget drafting process has already begun. This information will be available in the coming days.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2013, 04:39:04 AM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

What is the cost for one fully staffed Mental Health Care treatment facility on average? And how many patients (or perhaps I should say coverage radius) can a facility at that price sustain?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

What is the cost for one fully staffed Mental Health Care treatment facility on average? And how many patients (or perhaps I should say coverage radius) can a facility at that price sustain?

A comprehensive mental health care treatment facility (as defined by institutions that offer counseling, therapy, managed care, medication management, psychiatrist services, licensed clinical social work services, peer supports, and substance abuse treatment) that serves a jurisdiction of 100,000 people would have total operating costs of $21.345 M / year. It is expected that an average of 11,500 residents within that jurisdiction would seek some form of treatment at said facility at least once per year. These estimates assume that any jurisdiction in question a) currently lacks a variety of proper mental health care options and b) would ultimately experience a centralization of services based around said facility.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2013, 03:24:48 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you mean (10) 1500 MW power plants, but if this isn't the case, then please let me know.

Construction Costs: $31.185 B
5-Year Operational Costs*: $14.452 B

Estimated 5-Year Cost: $45.637 B

*(Fuel, Maintenance, Staff, Decommissioning; $0.02/kWh)
Aaawwwww come on ! Not that again...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

A comprehensive mental health care treatment facility (as defined by institutions that offer counseling, therapy, managed care, medication management, psychiatrist services, licensed clinical social work services, peer supports, and substance abuse treatment) that serves a jurisdiction of 100,000 people would have total operating costs of $21.345 M / year. It is expected that an average of 11,500 residents within that jurisdiction would seek some form of treatment at said facility at least once per year. These estimates assume that any jurisdiction in question a) currently lacks a variety of proper mental health care options and b) would ultimately experience a centralization of services based around said facility.

What about construction costs?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

Such a facility is assumed to have a 100-bed capacity for special/long-term care needs. Construction costs for the aforementioned facility would be $36.300 B.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2013, 06:03:11 AM »

So that is why there are areas without coverage by proper facilities.

According to my research we have a deficit of 100,000 beds nationwide. Hmm.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2013, 05:37:49 AM »

OK, so I've been quite busy lately with a variety of budgets, cost estimate requests in public and via PM, the beginnings of a federal budget and of course RL, so the regular updates have been lacking as of late.

BUT

This will just have to hold you over until I can get the regular updates caught up in the next couple of days (consider this your Grab Bag Report; right-click & open in new tab/window to see full images):

Updated versions of these (colors are now consistent).

Atlasian Political Parties, October 2010 - Present

Regional Populations, November 2011 - Present

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

Such a facility is assumed to have a 100-bed capacity for special/long-term care needs. Construction costs for the aforementioned facility would be $36.300 B.

are you sure it's not $36.3 M?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »

Mr. Game Moderator,

are you sure it's not $36.3 M?

Whoops! Yes, it should be million, not billion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:04 AM »

Damn Griffin, I nearly had a Sanford and Son moment as I contemplated spending our entire GDP on eliminating our deficit of mental health beds. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »

Damn Griffin, I nearly had a Sanford and Son moment as I contemplated spending our entire GDP on eliminating our deficit of mental health beds. Tongue

Most things are so damn expensive around here, I forgot where the 'm' key was. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »

Current as of 7/24/2013

National GNP & Growth Stats:

GNP: $14.86 trillion
GNP 6-Month Growth: -0.32%

2013 Projected Federal Revenue: $2.81 trillion
2013 Projected Federal Revenue As % of GDP: 18.94%

CPI (1 month)Sad -0.16%
CPI (Last 12 months)Sad +3.46%

Gold: $1626.31/oz
Crude Oil: $89.91/barrel

ANSE: 884.62
NASDAQ: 2198.05

*ME budget not completed for 2013; ME Regional Revenue & Revenue as % of GDP based off of current proposed ME 2013 budget
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies