Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31856 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »

The first set of images show plurality/majority party affiliation by region:

The second set of images compare an aggregate of voter registration, executive, legislative and judicial control to effectively determine which parties have the most power:

Finally, an image depicting the swing in each region – based on the Balance of Power maps above:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »

Is the slowdown slowing down? Economic indicators look relatively optimistic for July

In a sight for sore eyes, Atlasian unemployment numbers appear relatively stable for the month of July. After the steepest rise in unemployment in years, many economists and business leaders who were on the edge of their seats last month are less pessimistic with the increase in regional and national unemployment figures showing a dramatic slowdown.

A de-facto devolution of regional government in the Pacific throughout the month of May and June led to sharp increases in unemployment in the Pacific. During and following this time, the recall of the Pacific Council and the Governor of the Pacific created a climate that provoked many businesses into laying off workers as an anticipated fall-out from the lack of government unfolded. The situation worsened throughout the month of June, following the anarchy that transpired in the wake of the Pacific Government's dissolution.

In June, the unemployment rate rocketed to 14.8% and increased to 15.7% in July. A variety of actions throughout the month of July - many of which caused further instability and panic in the early half of the month and many that brought about a sense of regional stability in the latter half of the month - have more or less stabilized the hemorrhaging of both public and private sector jobs in the region.

Unemployment rates in both the Midwest and the Mideast held steady, while unemployment increases were seen in the Imperial Dominion of the South for the second straight month in a row. The Northeast saw a modest reduction in unemployment for the month of July.

At the national level, unemployment has been dramatically affected by the current economic climate of the Pacific. In June, the unemployment rate jumped 0.7 points – from 7.9% to 8.6% – but this trend has for the month of July mostly disappeared, as the previous issues of the Pacific have and are being addressed by federal and regional authorities. The national unemployment rate for the month of July edged up 0.1 points, to 8.7%.

hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »

15.7…wow.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

We're discussing the federal stimulus and I had a few questions about IDS spending options.

What would be the cost of expanding and modernizing major IDS ports and inland waterways to post-Panamax standards?

What is the cost of freeway teardown and replacement projects on the Claiborne Expressway (New Orleans), Downtown Loop (Nashville), and the Overtown Expressway/I-395 (Miami)?

Are there any other pressing highway maintenance, school, sewer, electrical grid, or waste disposal projects that the Imperial government should seek to address?

Many thanks.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »

Hey Adam,

Can I get an estimate on cost/mile of high speed railway? We're estimating a minimum of 2200 miles.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2013, 12:49:46 AM »

We're discussing the federal stimulus and I had a few questions about IDS spending options.

What would be the cost of expanding and modernizing major IDS ports and inland waterways to post-Panamax standards?

What is the cost of freeway teardown and replacement projects on the Claiborne Expressway (New Orleans), Downtown Loop (Nashville), and the Overtown Expressway/I-395 (Miami)?

Are there any other pressing highway maintenance, school, sewer, electrical grid, or waste disposal projects that the Imperial government should seek to address?

Many thanks.

Hey Adam,

Can I get an estimate on cost/mile of high speed railway? We're estimating a minimum of 2200 miles.

I'll have some numbers for you guys shortly.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »

Hey GM, could I get an estimate on the cost and income of a government funded pacific lottery?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:48 AM »

After further inspection, the understanding is that this will vary greatly depending on the port. Savannah, for instance, is already post-Panamax complaint during high tide - it would cost approximately $600 million to bring it up to par. Port Miami, however, would be substantially more expensive ($975 million).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hey Adam,

There is already a HSR route in between L.A. and San Francisco; please let me know if you wish to include a second line (this quote excludes it):

1821 miles @ $38.24 million/mile:
120 mph: $69.635 B

1821 miles @ $70.05 million/mile:
220 mph: $127.75 B

Hey GM, could I get an estimate on the cost and income of a government funded pacific lottery?

GROSS REVENUES: $8.067 B

TOTAL PRIZES: $5.198 B
TOTAL ADMIN: $0.328 B

NET REVENUE: $2.541 B
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2013, 12:36:36 AM »

Thanks GM! Much appreciated!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »

Can the Mideast Assembly have this analyzed:

Mideast Environmental Protection Incentives Act

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »

Sure thing, I'll get back with you shortly.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »

GM, could you give me an estimate as to how my proposed reduction in the working week would impact businesses not already covered under the 32 hour workweek?

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »

Can the Mideast Assembly have this analyzed:

Mideast Environmental Protection Incentives Act

ESTIMATED COST (2013)Sad $0.058 B

GM, could you give me an estimate as to how my proposed reduction in the working week would impact businesses not already covered under the 32 hour workweek?

You'll be next.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2013, 02:02:18 AM »

How did you get $0.058 B as the total?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »

($0.055 B + $0.009 B) - ($0.029 B + $0.093 B). Section 3 is counted as neutral since it deals directly with the cost of cleanup efforts, although I suppose it could be considered as revenue if the intent is to utilize it in lieu of part of the $1.11 B allocated to pollution control and abatement or another natural resources expenditure.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2013, 03:46:22 AM »

I guess I'm not understanding the $0.036 B being neutral.  Is your analysis that these sites weren't being cleaned up by anybody, but now they have to be cleaned up by private businesses?  If so, why did you include a number?  The bill analysis doesn't deal with costs to private companies... we only need the numbers for government expenses/revenue.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »

Hi GM. What would be the state of progress of the building of five nuclear plants in the South that we allowed earlier this year ? Within six months of the authorization, I guess not much real hard work has been done, rather conception and preparation, am I right ?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »

We really should expand the GM's authority in terms of the game...create some sort of mini-regional GMs...maybe some Negative and Positive random event creators...
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »

We really should expand the GM's authority in terms of the game...create some sort of mini-regional GMs...maybe some Negative and Positive random event creators...

I endorse this idea.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

I endorse this idea.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

I guess I'm not understanding the $0.036 B being neutral.  Is your analysis that these sites weren't being cleaned up by anybody, but now they have to be cleaned up by private businesses?  If so, why did you include a number?  The bill analysis doesn't deal with costs to private companies... we only need the numbers for government expenses/revenue.

The analysis assumes that Section 3 is in effect redundant, unless companies who created environmental issues via waste disposal were not liable via statute for clean-up costs prior. They would already be making these expenditures, so unless the regional government is now collecting the funds and handling the clean-up efforts itself or through contractors, there'd be no net effect on the budget (neutral).

The number in Section 3 was included because it is how the revenue from Section 4 was determined. Since it had to be calculated anyway, it was included as reference.

Hi GM. What would be the state of progress of the building of five nuclear plants in the South that we allowed earlier this year ? Within six months of the authorization, I guess not much real hard work has been done, rather conception and preparation, am I right ?

Currently, the project is in the process of procuring major long-lead components and commodities that will allow for construction to commence.

On a separate note, I hope to have some time in the next month or two to really begin examining the standards by which legislation is calculated (in terms of effect, cost and time). We are essentially applying RL standards in many cases to a game that is on a 12x timeline and scaled 1:1500000. I believe some universal metrics can be devised that will make these sorts of issues easier to discern, while also making the process of legislative accomplishment more rewarding to those who participate (as in many cases, the effects of legislation cannot currently be felt until long after sponsors and supporters' terms have ended).

I endorse this idea.

It seems like a great idea until you realize what a struggle it is to recruit even one active, competent GM. I have seen no indication that this game has the capacity to sustain more than that. I think that allowing the Secretary of Internal Affairs to simulate random events for the regions, as we do now, is probably the best that we can manage. We can't even find people to do that consistently - you're only the second decent SoIA that we've had. (LiberalPA, who was doing a fine job until his sudden disappearance, is the the other.)

Correct. Contrary to what some might believe, I had to be begged and begged to take this job. Tongue Even after I had agreed, I wanted to walk away again after my first confirmation hearing failed. It is damn hard to find someone to perform all of the related items as described by statute, let alone 8 (GM, SoIA, SoEA + 5 'Regional GMs').

Besides, this in effect already exists (as mentioned by the President). The SoIA is in effect a regional GM, as he or she can create events for the regions subject to my approval. The same goes for the SoEA and foreign events. I, too, can create events of any sort when the time is right. There'll be no watering-down of this team so long as I'm around and have something to say about it, for fear of making the perception of it even less util than it has been in recent years.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »

Well, if you think its okay the way it is Griffin then I won't argue, you are doing a superb job after all, and it is indeed a hard job to do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »

We need more players before that can happen.  And if we're going to make regional GMs, there'd have to be a way to keep them out of the politics of the game longer than the normal GM.  Regional politics can be much more petty than national politics in this game.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »

How much will it cost to replace 50% of the Transmission lines in the IDS, upgrade security at all plants, and upgrade all computer systems at plants?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies