Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:09:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31878 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »

GM Griffin, could you give me an estimate on how this bill would effect the budget & employment rate in the Northeast?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

I know you're busy comrade, but I'd also like to gauge the financial impact of this piece of legislation whenever you get the chance to crunch the numbers:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

How much will it cost to replace 50% of the Transmission lines in the IDS, upgrade security at all plants, and upgrade all computer systems at plants?

15,600 miles of transmission lines replaced entirely with underground 765-kV: $56.552 B
Upgrades at 36 regional nuclear reactor facilities: $1.733 B + $0.046 B per year

ESTIMATED COST: $58.285 B + $0.046 B per year

GM Griffin, could you give me an estimate on how this bill would effect the budget & employment rate in the Northeast?

ESTIMATED COST (NEXT TWELVE MONTHS): $0.384 B
ESTIMATED COST (2018): $0.966 B

It is estimated that roughly two dozen municipalities will successfully approve via referendum a FEZ within the first twelve months of its implementation. That number will increase to nearly 70 over the next five years. Increased job creation as a result of free enterprise zones is not a well-documented phenomenon; little evidence exists to suggest that any large variations in unemployment - both in the affected communities and the region at-large - would be experienced. Cost per job created, however, would be far less under these conditions. Cost per job figures for the regional government will be substantially lower than through other public job creation venues ($17,274 per job; $37,580 per zone resident job), but this figure can be lowered substantially if said program were open only to businesses with fewer than 20 employees. It is estimated that without restrictions imposed upon corporations eligible for free enterprise zone benefits, approximately 0.3% of corporations will account for more than 90 percent of tax credits within the zones (this analysis assumes that the zones themselves are ineligible for funds as outlined in Section 3, not the corporations operating within them).

An estimated 22,000 jobs would be created as a result of this legislation within the first twelve months.

I know you're busy comrade, but I'd also like to gauge the financial impact of this piece of legislation whenever you get the chance to crunch the numbers:

ESTIMATED COST: $22.761 B
Am still working on first request - it's much more complicated. Wink
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2013, 12:40:49 AM »

Hey GM Griffin, this should be a quick one.

What would a 10% raise for all Pacific Region employees cost? For reference, in 2005, a 5% cut for all but teachers and law enforcement cost an estimated $1.5 billion. Link to source:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=177824.msg3834543#msg3834543

I assumed it was approximately $3 billion but I would appreciate an official figure. Thanks Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2013, 04:52:42 PM »

Any word on those numbers, GM?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »

The proposed legislation would directly impact 25.4% of the Atlasian workforce. This - excluding other economic factors and potential future legislation - would result in an estimated 1.4% decrease in median wages over the next twelve months, and a 2.5% decrease in median wages over the next five years.

The rate of unemployment would not be impacted in any significant regard in the short-term as businesses with more than 50 employees adjust to the new regulations, but a general trend in the decline of unemployment is expected over the next five years as smaller companies increasingly move to build their workforces around an increased number of employees working less than 35 hours per week.

The average workweek for private non-farm payrolls is estimated to decline 0.7 hours over the next twelve months, with goods-producing payrolls declining 1.1 hours and private service-providing payrolls declining 0.6 hours. Over a five-year period, those numbers are estimated as declines of 1.4, 1.9 and 1.3, respectively.

Industry sectors estimated to be impacted the most by this legislation include mining and logging, utility companies, durable and non-durable goods manufacturing, and wholesale trade. Industry sectors estimated to be least impacted by this legislation include leisure and hospitality, retail trade and education/health services.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

The Senate and I would like an estimate of the poverty rate in Atlasia based on these 2013 HHS-defined guidelines. Thanks!

Low priority, but could you cross-index this by region?

(I absolutely understand if you have too much on your plate, so don't worry too much. The Pacific Council would be too slow to take me up on any initiatives, anyway.)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »

FOR HE HAS RISEN
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »

Excellent.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2014, 03:00:31 AM »

February 2014

IDS - 8.60%
Mideast - 6.20%
Midwest - 6.90%
Northeast - 6.30%
Pacific - 15.40%

National - 9.70%
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2014, 03:49:43 AM »

Adam, could you give me an estimate on this bill?

Thank you Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

Mr. Griffin, I would like to get a report on this bill and its impact on the Mideast:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:03 AM »

Adam, could you give me an estimate on this bill?

Mr. Griffin, I would like to get a report on this bill and its impact on the Mideast:

For now, I'm going to ask that each of you check out this particular section of my confirmation thread. Shortly, I'll issue a post in this thread clarifying all of the details.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2014, 02:20:42 AM by GM/Chairman Griffin »

The first image shows plurality/majority party affiliation by region:

The second image compares an aggregate of voter registration, executive, legislative and judicial control to effectively determine which parties have the most power:

Since it has been around six months since the last GriffGraph, the swing map will not be shown until the next set of Griffgraphs debut.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »

Awesome graph, but there are a few minor inaccuracies. The Northeast LG position is held by a Democratic-Republican, and the IDS Legislature has three Federalists and no independents.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2014, 01:46:03 AM »

Awesome graph, but there are a few minor inaccuracies. The Northeast LG position is held by a Democratic-Republican, and the IDS Legislature has three Federalists and no independents.

Supersonic is a IDS Legislator, correct? He's listed as an independent.

I'll correct the other part shortly.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

Mr. GM, may I have some data on how many homeless are currently living in the provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia, please?

Thank you. Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

Mr. GM, may I have some data on how many homeless are currently living in the provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia, please?

Thank you. Smiley

Provinces were not annexed, they've been just recognized as official entities of our Regions. We register our Atlasian Citizens there, they can be our representatives even leaving their, but we shall not interfere on Canadian Business...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2014, 03:40:46 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

Provinces were not annexed, they've been just recognized as official entities of our Regions. We register our Atlasian Citizens there, they can be our representatives even leaving their, but we shall not interfere on Canadian Business...

Thanks.

Nevermind, Adam. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

I thank you for this statement, Mr. Secretary.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

Your are welcome Simfan. It's part of my job to inform Atlasians that we have not annexed Canada!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

Your are welcome Simfan. It's part of my job to inform Atlasians that we have not annexed Canada!

Yeah, I remember when the Northeast was passing a bill a few months ago and made the same mistake.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

Hmm? We ratified whatever the federal government asked us to.

Yeah, I remember when the Northeast was passing a bill a few months ago and made the same mistake.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2014, 01:12:42 AM »

The Northeast voted to "consent to having the territories of New Brunswick and Quebec granted unto" the region and titled the bill as "Admission". I pointed this out when the Mideast debated it; had I have seen the Northeast's resolution before it passed, I would've mentioned something, although a Person thought my objections to your wording were just "semantics", so i'm not sure if that would've helped anyway.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2014, 06:10:23 AM »

NYMAN - Multiple reports are emerging from around the world - including mass-confirmed sightings in Latvia, Algeria, Japan and Atlasia itself - of unidentified flying objects and uncharacteristically odd-looking clouds in the skies over more than one dozen cities and regions.

Approximately 45 minutes ago (11:20 AM), the first mass report of an unidentified flying object came in from Oran, Algeria, a coastal city approximately 200 miles west of Algiers.

Local news sources have released footage showing hundreds of residents amassing throughout the streets of the city, inspecting what can only be identified as a large airborne vessel of some sort. The ship is observed to be stationary in one video for more than two minutes before it appears to instantaneously disappear. A thick, horizontal plume of smoke or exhaust manifested almost instantly following this event.

Social media has lit up with thousands of videos of similar events from more than one dozen countries, leaving this planet's billions with plenty to consider. In the wake of these events, no government nor intelligence agency has issued any information that would further clarify what thousands have witnessed first-hand, but dozens of governments from around the world have or are in the process of conveying a fairly uniform message to their citizens: "stay calm".

You will be updated as more information becomes available.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies