Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:53:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31847 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2014, 09:55:24 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2014, 09:57:29 PM by Flo »

This is certainly an interesting development.

The rhyme:

We Chinese people
We tell a joke
We scare the hell out of your folks

Now we can get married here as a group?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »

I see...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2014, 08:54:42 PM »

The office of GM would like to issue clarification on a previous story, seeing as how no fewer than 3 people today have made references to it.

It appears as if the visitors we were so hyped up about last week turned out to be human in origin, as referenced by the article in question from March 23. More information on this issue will be forthcoming, but it is safe to assume that a large-scale military project/false flag operation was conducted by the Chinese military. If that somehow wasn't clear by the fact that they spoke Chinese and admitted to being so, half-hearted apologies from the office are offered.

However, I suspect that more than anything, most people did not take the time to actually read the content of the last update and were hyping up a story that had rapidly changed since they last bothered to inform themselves on the matter.

Whether you were excited about an aspect of a story or opposed to its introduction (which, LOL, isn't something that's up for public debate), it would be nice if you'd in the future take the time to read the updates provided by this office before jumping to conclusions or contradicting actual events.

Thanks for your time and attention to detail,
x "The game's so-called God"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »

The Chinese are aliens to our humble land, and we must ensure our people are protected against whatever diseases they're peddling that originated in southeast Asia. There was no error in reading your report. This is long overdue. Remember SARS? Never forget.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:44 AM »

The SoEA will take measures regarding the issue, but I'm facing a hard week. Sorry Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2014, 01:24:04 AM »

Adam, could you give me an estimate on this bill?

Mr. Griffin, I would like to get a report on this bill and its impact on the Mideast:

For now, I'm going to ask that each of you check out this particular section of my confirmation thread. Shortly, I'll issue a post in this thread clarifying all of the details.

Is this clarification still coming?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »

Mr. Griffin, I would like to get a report on this bill and its impact on the Mideast:

For now, I'm going to ask that each of you check out this particular section of my confirmation thread. Shortly, I'll issue a post in this thread clarifying all of the details.

Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well. This new session in the Assembly should be busier than last so anything from you would be greatly appreciated. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2014, 01:50:50 AM by GM Griffin »

Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well. This new session in the Assembly should be busier than last so anything from you would be greatly appreciated. Tongue

For the short-term, there will be no cost estimates given. I am still working on some ideas to completely overhaul this process, but it's going to require addressing a lot of cost concerns and people are not going to like the end result no matter what, so I'm not so sure this will ever be resumed. If everyone would be on-board with a complete overhaul of the way we view financial implications of legislation, then it'd be pretty easy to devise a solution.

The biggest issue is scale - there hasn't been a uniform way of breaking down regional costs and as such, there are significant inconsistencies throughout every regional budget. I used a specific system (mentioned below), but from what I know, no one before my time did the same. As such, the regional budgets have many line items that include cost estimates that were calculated years before my time. It's practically impossible for a GM to spend enough time retroactively altering costs, and how exactly will people respond to that? It's a mess. The federal budget is in relatively good shape, and I'd hypothesize based on my experiences with 6 regional budgets last year that the Mideast has the best regional budget, but that doesn't mean that several different GMs haven't left their own interpretations of costs within every budget, creating a patchwork system.

Here's a brief description I sent to someone the other day:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2014, 01:52:47 AM »

I think everyone could get behind some structural reforms to the cost analysis process.

Griffin, I'd like to help with those reforms. Maybe an Institute similar to the one with healthcare now? I'd be glad to sign on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies