Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31701 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »

Can you tell how much money it would cost to help finance 6 wind farms in Arkansas and Texas with government providing 30% of funds.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2013, 11:59:58 PM by GM Griffin »

GM, could I have a cost estimate for this bill, please?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ESTIMATED COST (per year)Sad $7.448 billion

Mr. GM, would you provide some figures for me, please?  I'm working on a bridge repair bill and need an estimate for the following projects:

Longfellow Bridge, Boston - ESTIMATED COST: $0.217 billion
Brooklyn Bridge, New York City - ESTIMATED COST: $0.823 billion
Mianus Bridge, Greenwich, CT - ESTIMATED COST: $0.094 billion

Thank you. Smiley

These assume simple maintenance repairs and are not quotes for significant structural damage (if that is the case).

GM Griffin.

I'll need you to calculate the following:

Revenue:

Spamage Corporate Emission Tax: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=166883.0 - N/A; NO SPECIFIC REVENUE COMPONENT: " Corporations with 3,000 or more employees will be subject to a Carbon Emission Tax. The amount paid by individual corporations shall be determined based on studies of how much toxins they are releasing into the atmosphere."

Fuel Efficiency Standard Act:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=169774.0 - ESTIMATED REVENUE: $0.168 billion (2014)

Expenditures:

Get your kids involved in school act:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170149.0 - N/A; EXPENDITURES FOR EDUCATION NEED TO BE KNOWN PRIOR (BUDGET)

Shop at Pacific Act: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=164879.0 - ESTIMATED COST: $62.585 billion

Can you tell how much money it would cost to help finance 6 wind farms in Arkansas and Texas with government providing 30% of funds.

I will need to know the number of windmills and/or the cumulative output of each farm in order to provide a cost estimate. I'll check the regional board to see if there's an existing bill/this is already outlined.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »

I will need to know the number of windmills and/or the cumulative output of each farm in order to provide a cost estimate. I'll check the regional board to see if there's an existing bill/this is already outlined.
No, this is not outlined, I want to see if It would work.  Number of windmills on each farm would be 25.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »

No, this is not outlined, I want to see if It would work.  Number of windmills on each farm would be 25.

(6)-37.5 MW windfarms
ESTIMATED COST - $0.456 billion
WITH 30% FEDERAL FUNDING - $0.319 billion

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2013, 04:48:52 AM »

Thanks again!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »

(6)-37.5 MW windfarms
ESTIMATED COST - $0.456 billion
WITH 30% FEDERAL FUNDING - $0.319 billion

Great Thanks.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Thanks a lot.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »

I think we should get rid of the Shop at the Pacific Act. It is a crazy bomb waiting to explode, if we are having this then we should have a dead line!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2013, 03:13:11 AM by GM Griffin »

The first set of images show plurality/majority party affiliation by region:

The second set of images compare an aggregate of voter registration, executive, legislative and judicial control to effectively determine which parties have the most power:

Finally, an image depicting the swing in each region – based on the Balance of Power maps above:

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

lol Pacific Liberals
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:19 AM »

I've always wondered--why is the middle Supreme Court Justice's circle divided into 4 sections?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »

I've always wondered--why is the middle Supreme Court Justice's circle divided into 4 sections?

It was intended to be an identifier for Chief Justice.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »

GM Griffin, would you be able to provide me with union density/union membership numbers for Atlasia and the regions? I figured they'd be different than IRL thanks to more union-friendly legislation existing, and I'd like to know for something I'm typing up/proposing as legislation if I get elected.

Thanks.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »

GM Griffin, would you be able to provide me with union density/union membership numbers for Atlasia and the regions? I figured they'd be different than IRL thanks to more union-friendly legislation existing, and I'd like to know for something I'm typing up/proposing as legislation if I get elected.

Thanks.

IIRC the last time a GM crunched these numbers was before the mideast repealed right-to-work (back when I was in the assembly Wink. That should have a significant impact.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

Thanks.

These are the old numbers.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 04:49:18 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 04:55:30 AM »

Thanks.

I'll have some numbers for you shortly.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »

Sad Why?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »

I assume it's the recall of every political officer, and the President declaring the Pacific in a state of anarachy.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »

I assume it's the recall of every political officer, and the President declaring the Pacific in a state of anarachy.

Yes, those are Reasons 1 & 2. Also:

3) Massive influx of population

Registration Statistics
May 2, 2013

RegionFederalistLaborLiberalLightOtherIndTotal
Pacific391012631

Registration Statistics
June 6, 2013

RegionFederalistLaborLiberalLightNM(AM)OtherIndTotal
Pacific41110033637

4) Painfully low levels of activity throughout the month of May

5) Lack of a Pacific Budget
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:50 PM »

While discussions between Atlasia and Canada in regards to the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market are still ongoing, many Canadian officials have expressed concerns over the lack of details offered in terms of economic and social changes that can be expected. In order to provide some clarity to the situation, the Office of Game Moderator of Atlasia has released its tentative findings for what can be expected in the months and years following any such economic cooperation.

• An elimination of border control functions related to customs enforcement and immigration would reduce costs associated with enforcement by roughly $15 billion annually between the two countries – roughly equivalent to 3% of the value of annual trade between Atlasia and Canada.
  • Immigration policies between Atlasia and Canada, as such, would likely experience a convergence as both countries seek to normalize free movement between one another. With minimal resources allocated to enforce differing immigration protocols, a consensus would ultimately be reached.
  • With most trade and customs barriers removed, the long-term effects on unionization rates remain unclear. Currently, Atlasia’s unionization rate stands at approximately 15%; Canada’s hovers around 30%. The A-CCM would create conditions that could foster an increased unionization of Atlasia – coupled with the Labor Rights Act – but could also result in non-unionized Atlasian manufacturers having the upper-hand against Canadian manufacturers, more of which are unionized.
  • Agricultural subsidies would be gradually phased out as a result of the A-CCM, leading to a fair playing field between both countries. It is estimated that more than $30 billion will be saved annually between the two countries once this part of the A-CCM is achieved.
  • Over the first decade, the A-CCM is estimated to increase the exportation of Atlasian goods to Canada by 7.5-9.1% when compared to baseline projections, and the exportation of Canadian goods to Atlasia by 5.8-7.3% by the same measurement. This would result in roughly $32-37 billion in additional trade between the two countries by 2023.
  • The effects of emigration and population generally would favor the Atlasia, with an expected 1.2 million Atlasians permanently relocating to Canada for residency and work-related endeavors over the next decade. As it pertains to Canadian residents permanently relocating to Atlasia over the same timeframe, the number is estimated to be 700,000 - nominally smaller but a more substantial figure in terms of percentage of the country’s population.

It is the opinion of the Office of Game Moderator that if such legislation were passed by the Atlasian Senate and signed by the President within the next two weeks, the Canadian Government will likewise act swiftly upon the matter and a resolution will be reached by the beginning of July. Upon ratification of the A-CCM by Canada, major elements such as current residency restrictions between the two countries would be lifted. While both countries will have an array of details through which to sort in the coming days, weeks and months, action on behalf of the Atlasian Senate in regards to these details is not paramount and will certainly be addressed by the various departments and agencies of each country.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »

Here are some GIFs! Each one shows the changes in regional and national offices for each party over the past year (Federalist/Whig & IB, Labor and Liberal):

And finally, a Balance of Power GIF over the past year:

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »

Hi, could you please calculate the median personal income for the IDS?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2013, 03:35:03 AM »

Thanks.

Overall     Private    Public

14.9%       10.1%      36.1%

10.1%       7.5%        27.8%    IDS
15.0%       11.4%      29.6%    ME
16.2%       11.8%      43.2%    MW
17.3%       13.6%      34.8%    NE
17.9%       9.5%        46.2%    PAC
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »

Thanks.

Overall     Private    Public

14.9%       10.1%      36.1%

10.1%       7.5%        27.8%    IDS
15.0%       11.4%      29.6%    ME
16.2%       11.8%      43.2%    MW
17.3%       13.6%      34.8%    NE
17.9%       9.5%        46.2%    PAC

Thanks, comrade!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to: