Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31810 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2014, 06:51:33 AM »

Roll Eyes
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit...
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »

You can't keep the sky from me...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2014, 07:21:57 AM »

And to think I was scoffed at when I suggested that Adam might use the GM's office for advancing Labor candidates. Is it taking things too seriously to suggest that this an attempt to lend credibility to the absurd Windjammer/AdamFitzgerald X-Files partnership?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »

And to think I was scoffed at when I suggested that Adam might use the GM's office for advancing Labor candidates. Is it taking things too seriously to suggest that this an attempt to lend credibility to the absurd Windjammer/AdamFitzgerald X-Files partnership?

Or could it be that these unidentified ships possibly traveled light-years, just to hear you complain and subsequently irritate you? Hopefully, we'll find out the answer soon!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:48 AM »

OMG, I love you Griffin Grin
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »

What...?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

Oh shi-
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

Shall these aliens start abducting TPP members or will they come down and preach the benefits of nationalisation? Tongue

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »

HOUSTON - Several hours have passed since the first sightings of unidentified aircraft began to be spotted around dozens of metropolitan areas across the world, but contact with these entities has yet to be established.

Shortly after 4 PM local time, Mexican President Felipe Calderon took to the airwaves to confirm what many have suspected: to the best of their knowledge, these craft are not human in origin.

The presidents of France and India have likewise issued similar statements. The government of Atlasia has thus far issued no statement, leaving many to worry about what government officials have planned, if anything at all.

Despite worries about their intentions or what sort of technology these craft may possess, multiple governments have attempted thus far to obtain a closer look and gather valuable information about these vessels. Any information gathered thus far has not been made public.

Since the first report, several dozen more vessels have been spotted across six continents, with some of these craft now appearing to gather in clusters. One such cluster is now being observed forming along the Atlasian-Mexican border, near the city of McAllen, Texas. The Fuerza Aérea Mexicana has deployed jets to inspect this activity further, in the absence of Atlasian air support.

More details will be provided as they come in.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2014, 06:51:26 PM »

The Fuerza Aérea Mexicana has deployed jets to inspect this activity further, in the absence of Atlasian air support.

It's time to mobilize the Air Force, Mr. President.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2014, 06:59:21 PM »

There are no aliens.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

There very clearly are.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2014, 07:14:22 PM by Simfan »

There is partisan maneuvering, that is all I see.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »

Until contact is made and motives are discerned, I wouldn't be so hasty as to judge their rationale for coming here. Such a move may prove to be insulting to them and their customs. I will say that there definitely appears to be horizontal and vertical maneuvering of these craft, however.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »

Gm Griffin and group marriages both have the President Duke stamp of approval. Shouldnt you be slobbering all about yourself?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2014, 07:48:54 PM by Dereich »

I, for one, recommend immediate use of nuclear weapons. I don't like waiting for surprises.

Seeing as the whatever is over IDS territory I recommend using nuclear weapons as soon as the illegally flying objects are over Midwestern territory. Let them reap what they sow.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »

I was coming back from English Class and now I arrive with a furking alien Benghazi scandal on my back! I'm too tired to do anything today, answer will be given later.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2014, 10:08:23 PM »

You're actually going to make a definitive statement that in this vast universe not one form of life exists outside of Earth? How narrow-minded you are.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »

You're actually going to make a definitive statement that in this vast universe not one form of life exists outside of Earth? How narrow-minded you are.

Well, I'm disinclined to think there are some here and now, but I suppose we will have to see what happens next, n'est ce-pas?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »

Well, I'm disinclined to think there are some here and now, but I suppose we will have to see what happens next, n'est ce-pas?

Indeed we shall, Simi, indeed we shall.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »

BURLINGTON - Multiple reports from on the ground have confirmed that one craft has landed approximately one mile south of Burlington, Vermont. Over the past six hours, two other of these unidentified ships have been spotted over southern Montana and central Alaska, with five more situated off the eastern and western coasts of Atlasia, as well as along the Atlasian-Mexican border. A total of 52 craft have been detected thus far around the world, with a large concentration of them currently situated over portions of the Middle East and the Maghreb.

The latest eyewitnesses on the scene in Burlington have obtained photos of the craft on the ground, with local authorities currently en route to the site. The craft currently on the ground was not visible on radar until approximately twenty minutes ago at about 20,000 feet as it rapidly began its descent, according to NORAD officials.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »

I'm SO happy I didn't stop drinking during my presidency
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »

Oh, dear! Whatever will happen to the Vice-President?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »

BURLINGTON - After being stationary and silent on the ground for more than 48 hours, and surrounded by the Northeast Guard after the Governor's ordered deployment, a high-frequency hum began to radiate from the ship. A rational man would say that the instantaneous movements of five thousand eyes and ears isn't audible, but rationality wasn't present in this place, where a sleep-deprived caravan of soldiers, reporters, and spectators alike witnessed new signs of life emitting from the craft. A shiny metallic door began to open on the undercarriage of the UFO. A series of loud, pneumatic-like noises emitted from the undercarriage as the solid mass of space-age metal began to unfurl itself onto the ground below.

More than 300 men stood at attention, ready to respond to the first sign of aggression. The tension in the air was palpable, as the door's obstruction gave way to a darkened void inside the hull of the ship. Nothing was visible from the outside. Given orders not to shoot unless given a reason, more than one solider pulled his finger off of the trigger; the shivers they were experiencing were a liability.

All of a sudden, the silhouettes of five humanoids were discernible in the shadows as they approached the exterior of the vessel. With most eyes glued on the ship, the ones that weren't appeared to be glancing about, looking for others who were doing the same in the hopes of a visual confirmation of, "is this really happening?".

Then, they emerged. Their bodies were clad in stylish-yet-underwhelming red suits, with no skin or physical features visible to the naked eye. Their forms appeared to be remarkably similar to that of humans, which may or may not have helped keep the crowd under control at the sight of this emergence. Still, gasps could be heard left and right as the non-synchronized, raw emotions of the crowd continued to pour out of their gaping mouths.

Suddenly, a radio began to stream reports that the same occurrence was happening all across the world. Of the 52 ships that were placed across the world, more than 40 had landed - each at a different time - over the past two days. But now, the doors of each were opening, and a synchronized emergence of these beings across 6 continents was being streamed to the masses.

Suddenly, one in the crowd in Vermont began to run toward the beings. She had been praising them loudly for the past day, waving flowers and likewise sending her "good vibes" to the ship in a very vocal fashion. Apparently, her emotion had simply overwhelmed her; she could wait no more.

The Regional Guard had established a clear perimeter through which no human was allowed to pass. The orders were given to protect the crowds and ensure control was kept. Now, this one female was on the verge of creating potentially an extraterrestrial incident. They had their orders.

A warning was issued via loudspeaker to the female. She never stopped. As her body crossed the perimeter, she flipped as the sound of a single shot echoed through the air. Screams could be heard from the crowd and chaos suddenly appeared ready to rip through the crowd.

It was then that a thundering noise could be heard coming directly from the ship. As the crowd's attention was gained and the imminent loss of control avoided, these five beings began to remove what appeared to be masks. Every major news network in the world was focused on the same occurrence for more than three dozen ships, sitting on the ground of twenty-seven different countries. It was then that the world got their look at these beings for the very first time.

Some screamed out of nervous reaction. Others seems perplexed. A couple of people could be heard laughing. The soldiers who had been ordered not to fire and assess the situation appeared just as confused as everyone else. It was then that one of the beings uttered what could only be interpreted later as a rhyme:

我们中国人
我们讲一个笑话
我们吓跑了地狱你的乡亲

现在在这里我们可以结婚作为一个群体?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies